BioShock - Moving back and forth between early and late-game levels?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Amidamaru_01
Member since 2004 • 594 Posts
Is it possible to revisit earlier levels simply by backtracking? Say, going from somewhere like Fort Frolic or Olympus Heights and back to the Medical Pavillion or even the Lounge with the very first Gatherer's Garden? I'm kinda curious because I noticed some items very early on that I couldn't get without Telekinesis, because they were in the ceiling.
g-rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 g-rash
Member since 2003 • 3128 Posts
Yes you take the subway. You can get to every area except the "welcome to rapture" part.
catanzariti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 catanzariti
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

Is it possible to revisit earlier levels simply by backtracking? Say, going from somewhere like Fort Frolic or Olympus Heights and back to the Medical Pavillion or even the Lounge with the very first Gatherer's Garden? I'm kinda curious because I noticed some items very early on that I couldn't get without Telekinesis, because they were in the ceiling.Amidamaru_01

Yeah you can go back using the bathysphere.

Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Amidamaru_01

[QUOTE="Amidamaru_01"]Is it possible to revisit earlier levels simply by backtracking? Say, going from somewhere like Fort Frolic or Olympus Heights and back to the Medical Pavillion or even the Lounge with the very first Gatherer's Garden? I'm kinda curious because I noticed some items very early on that I couldn't get without Telekinesis, because they were in the ceiling.catanzariti

Awesome so the ones you take while progressing are the same ones you take to get back?

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
[QUOTE="catanzariti"]

[QUOTE="Amidamaru_01"]Is it possible to revisit earlier levels simply by backtracking? Say, going from somewhere like Fort Frolic or Olympus Heights and back to the Medical Pavillion or even the Lounge with the very first Gatherer's Garden? I'm kinda curious because I noticed some items very early on that I couldn't get without Telekinesis, because they were in the ceiling.Amidamaru_01

Awesome so the ones you take while progressing are the same ones you take to get back?

yeah, when you get farther into the game you'll notice that all your previously visited areas are available for re-visiting. Also know that if an item is out of reach, you can shoot is and It'll drop to the floor, there's no need to use telekinessis... the only place I had to go back was the first level where I couldn't reach a key to open a door in the medical facility.

Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amidamaru_01
[QUOTE="Amidamaru_01"][QUOTE="catanzariti"]

[QUOTE="Amidamaru_01"]Is it possible to revisit earlier levels simply by backtracking? Say, going from somewhere like Fort Frolic or Olympus Heights and back to the Medical Pavillion or even the Lounge with the very first Gatherer's Garden? I'm kinda curious because I noticed some items very early on that I couldn't get without Telekinesis, because they were in the ceiling.gp19

yeah, when you get farther into the game you'll notice that all your previously visited areas are available for re-visiting. Also know that if an item is out of reach, you can shoot is and It'll drop to the floor, there's no need to use telekinessis... the only place I had to go back was the first level where I couldn't reach a key to open a door in the medical facility.

That's great to know! Thanks a lot!

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
once u go into the last boss fight and finish it can u go back?
Frag-Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Frag-Potato
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
No you can not. Be sure to save.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

once u go into the last boss fight and finish it can u go back?GEARSofWAR360

no, make a save after going in (the game warns you or so I've heard)... you have to do everything you want to before going in for the last boss. It's a good idea to make a save when you find your last little sister so you can watch both endings (that is if you have saved them all so far).

Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Amidamaru_01
So will there be anything new like plasmids or tonics appearing in the earlier levels if you go back to them?
Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
You may have missed a few, but by the end of the game you probably have higher level plasmids/tonics then could be found in early levels. You can get more ammo/money and such, though.
Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amidamaru_01

You may have missed a few, but by the end of the game you probably have higher level plasmids/tonics then could be found in early levels. You can get more ammo/money and such, though.Manly-manly-man

I see so the main reason to backtrack would only be if I missed something? And that means if I searched each area thoroughly, then I can pretty much proceed without backtracking?

angel-of-rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angel-of-rain
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
Yes you can move back, I'm stuck on one part though, I plan on playing it again later though.
Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Amidamaru_01

Yes you can move back, I'm stuck on one part though, I plan on playing it again later though.angel-of-rain

Yeah but like you wouldn't have to go back if you made sure you didn't miss anything, right?

Jay_Oker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jay_Oker
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
Just make sure you check each level very well before moving on.
Amidamaru_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Amidamaru_01

Just make sure you check each level very well before moving on.Jay_Oker

Will do. Thanks a lot!

terribleone569

Forum Posts