Bioshock is Game Informer's game of the year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts
So far Bioshock is the VGA's, and Game Informer's GOTY, do you agree with these decisions, and what does this say about the game and the impact it had on the 2007 video game season?
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Yeah I heard that last night. Bioshock is what started the video game season so the impact is there.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
i full heartedly agree. it was an amazing game. it took us somewhere we have never been before and it did so in a way that was both visually and intellectually stimulating. the game looked great. it also had all sorts of underlying themes running through the game, which is a sign of a good narrative. not only that, it added powers to the fps mix, which were great. the idea of setting someone on fire, only to electrocute them when they douse themselves was so much fun. i will say that aspect could have used a bit more polish but it wasnt enough for me to worry about and theres hope with both dlc and the possibility of a sequel. goty? heck yes.
NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

So far Bioshock is the VGA's, and Game Informer's GOTY, do you agree with these decisions, and what does this say about the game and the impact it had on the 2007 video game season?Hickamie14

Also Xplay GOTY,100% agree...If you do a good job on the SP,you dont really need MP for it to be great.

Doc_smock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Doc_smock
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

So far Bioshock is the VGA's, and Game Informer's GOTY, do you agree with these decisions, and what does this say about the game and the impact it had on the 2007 video game season?Hickamie14

I agree because although bioshock is definately not perfect and certainly doesn't redefine shooters, it is set in one of the most beautiful and yet hellish atmospheres of any game ever. yes, i know it's based on system shock, but it still stands as it's own game because of the unique setting. To be honest though, the reason that GoTY hasn't gone to another game like halo or CoD is because of thefight you have with Andrew Ryan and the events around that. for those of you who don't understand buy the game and you'll see what i mean.

Bioshock is helping developing games as an art form so obviously it beat re runs of the past like halo 3. The only other game I could see winning was rock band, which could be equally revolutionary in the long run, but that was rushed in the end.

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
i full heartedly agree. it was an amazing game. it took us somewhere we have never been before and it did so in a way that was both visually and intellectually stimulating. the game looked great. it also had all sorts of underlying themes running through the game, which is a sign of a good narrative. not only that, it added powers to the fps mix, which were great. the idea of setting someone on fire, only to electrocute them when they douse themselves was so much fun. i will say that aspect could have used a bit more polish but it wasnt enough for me to worry about and theres hope with both dlc and the possibility of a sequel. goty? heck yes.mattg90520
well put. I feel the same way. It was a gaming experience for me vs other games just being games I play.Only about 5 or 6 games have ever had that effect on me and I've been gaming since the Commodore 64.
deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

i full heartedly agree. it was an amazing game. it took us somewhere we have never been before and it did so in a way that was both visually and intellectually stimulating. the game looked great. it also had all sorts of underlying themes running through the game, which is a sign of a good narrative. not only that, it added powers to the fps mix, which were great. the idea of setting someone on fire, only to electrocute them when they douse themselves was so much fun. i will say that aspect could have used a bit more polish but it wasnt enough for me to worry about and theres hope with both dlc and the possibility of a sequel. goty? heck yes.mattg90520

that pretty much sums it up