Bioshock best game ever created? (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darthdaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Darthdaver
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Well ive just finished this beatiful game, and i had no idea i would like it this much. The characters, the environment, the buildings, the music everything fits and are very well build. After watching gameplay videos etc, before i dident have high hopes about this game, i though it was grey and kinda boring after what ive seen, but after playing it, i rly couldent lay the controller down. I always had to see what happend next, and so many TWISTS shocking twists that i never see coming! Like i was just a little piece of a puzzle.. That my character ive fell in love with was controlled by someone else, someone i though were an allie. The main mission where to stop andrew ryan, and when i killed him i really though i had finished the game but what?! My guide, Atlas had tricked me into killing his competitor, and now he could rule rapture. Shocking twists and awesome story. I actually started over after killing Ryan to watch for signs, and i did see them but noway i could see them coming on my first playthrough.

rebel_punk34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 rebel_punk34
Member since 2005 • 8301 Posts
True Bioshock was an amazing game, but I wouldn't say greatest game. There are previous game's that still top Bioshock in my opinion, and future game's we have yet to see.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
its an excellent game, not the best imo but in my top ten for sure. cant wait for the 2nd! :D
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Yes, Bioshock was a great game but nobody ever seems to mention the terrible combat system. Am I the only one who thinks that this otherwise great game was marred by bad combat? This, to me, is the only thing really keeping the game from reaching 'masterpiece' status.

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts

it was the probably the most stylish game ive ever played

2 looks a lot more exciting

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Great game that i played through twice and it has some excellent quotes. Though i will not say the best but it certainly is a great game.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
no
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
It is a brilliant game, and definitely one of my top 5.
Braddah_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Braddah_B
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts
While one of my Top 5 for sure, with no multi there's now whay it can be called the best game ever. It was one of those games that I will never forget. Ever. Just so unique and fresh. Small kine dissapointed that they decided to make a sequal. Kind of affraid they might ruin what is one of the best games out there.
Bloodymassacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bloodymassacre
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

I still haven't played it, my friend played it over here and it didn't seem one that I'd be into. So no, I'd have to say they're plenty better.

JustaShadowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JustaShadowe
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
Bet your sweet ass its the best game ever created, it has to be since i ve played through it 15 times. On my 16th now actually, just cant get enough. Everything, the atmosphere, the story, the weapons, the music, the plasmids, the tonics, the characters JUST AMAZING. Really pissed off though that there making a 2nd, its just gonna ruin what bioshock is. Just wait and see, bioshock 2 will be a decent sequal but nowhere near as good as bioshock 1. Not to mention the fact that the part of bioshock where you SPOILERS protected the sister was one of the most dull parts of the entire game. Problem is, that dull part is basicly bioshock 2, which means it has lame written all over it. Sure ill buy it and play it through over 20 times like i plan on doing with this, but just because of the story and atmosphere, which will be amazing. The rest however, will not. Mark my words :(
A_Hayes82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 A_Hayes82
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts

Would you kindly refrain from saying it's the best game ever? It is pretty sweet, I enjoyed it very much. The combat system was glitchy for me, like when I swung a wrench at a splicer I seemed to go through him and my point of view looking at the floor. Other times I died and when I respawned my machine gun would just keep shooting without me even touching the button. I would have to load a game just to get it to stop. Being able to duel wield the guns and plasmids would've been nice, which I see they are incorporating in part 2. The lame thing about part 2 is having to protect a little sister. That was the only part in Bioshock I did not like. Who wants to do that for a bigger portion of the game?

momshotdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 momshotdad
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
in my top 5 for sure
Shrisrelkray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shrisrelkray
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

NO bioshock is NOT the greatest game nor will ever be. it SUCKS!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
not greatest game all time but i give it it's on that list of top games. it is truly one of a kind game.
Xbot_720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xbot_720
Member since 2008 • 834 Posts

Shrisrelkray
I kinda agree with you to be honest. I played Bioshock once and never touched it again. It was good but definitely not groundbreaking like all these fanboys are making it out to be.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Bioshock is amazing.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#18 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

BioShock is a damn good game, but it's very flawed. The gameplay is very predictable and it's the story itself that propels the game forward to be awesome. It isn't close to being the greatest game ever, hell there are significantly better shooters on the 360 than BioShock like Gears of War 1, Halo 3, The Orange Box, FEAR, maybe even Call of Duty 4. But in terms of overall gut impact of the story, yeah, BioShock is awesome, but I'm hoping that they tighten up the actual gunplay for the sequel and enhance the enemy AI A LOT. And I mean, A LOT.

OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OspreyDawn
Member since 2008 • 283 Posts

Yes, Bioshock was a great game but nobody ever seems to mention the terrible combat system. Am I the only one who thinks that this otherwise great game was marred by bad combat? This, to me, is the only thing really keeping the game from reaching 'masterpiece' status.

rattleheadxyz

QFT, still fun though, but it's not the kind of game where I'm like "Hmm I feel like playing that sequence again." God I played so much Halo 1... :P

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Shrisrelkray

I kind of agree with this although i don't think it sucks just not very good. And it is Defintiley not the best game.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
sry, gta iv takes that title. :D
BzYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BzYo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I agree.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I wouldn't go that far, but it was brilliant. I think the way it stood out to me the most, personally, was its thought-provoking nature. After beating the game, I proceeded to look into themes and theories behind the game, and learned quite a bit about objectivism and Ayn Rand. It's interesting stuff, to say the least. The story and twists were also pretty good, the audio diaries were executed brilliantly, and the gameplay was errie, well-tuned, and extremely fun. It's probably in my top 5 or 6 of best 360 games, but not the greatest game I've ever played.
lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

it was great while it lasted, but definately not the best

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#25 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I can side for you on the most part. Bioshock is one of my all time favorite games, but not the BEST :P
Arcine281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Arcine281
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts
the story line of that game seriously was so deep it changed my life lol. it was amazing
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I actually just started playing it today and love it so far. Also, you should of mentioned "spoiler" in your post.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Shrisrelkray

Atleast describe what about Bioshock you didn't like...otherwise you're just trolling.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

sry, gta iv takes that title. :D pygmahia5

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahahahaah.....good one.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

Bioshock was so good, and it's atmosphere made me feel like I'm part of it, getting it again in two days.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#31 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I thought it had pretty bad gameplay, was far to linear, had bad AI, no reason to feel anything for the little sisters, weapons were not fun to use, most powers were pretty boring (except telekenesis, which was great), poor enemy variety, and with the exception of the twist that he was controlling you the entire time when saying, would you kindly, (which was pretty cool) all the other twists were pretty easy to see coming or added nothing to the story. I knew Atlus would betray you right away and that he would likely be Fontaine (what's his name) when I saw all the posters for him. It had really good music and sound and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, it kind of went downhill after the demo. The game is really nothing compared to Deus Ex which had atmosphere, gameplay, it was one of the only games that made me feel bad about killing people (so I usually used nonlethal attacks), characters, story, twists, endings, etc all very well done. System Shock was likely much better as well, though I never did play it.

DAAVV-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 DAAVV-O
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

rattleheadxyz

To be honest, I thought the combat was excellent! Fast, frenetic, and above all, varied. Each enemy required different tactics to take them down, and the large number of weapons and plasmids made this great fun to figure out.

I loved this game, and can't wait for Q4 09 when the sequel comes out.

Avatar image for noONEbreaks1715
noONEbreaks1715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 noONEbreaks1715
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Bioshock is for sure a good game, but not the best ever... there are a a lot of great games, like Tibia and stuff, so...

BigDaddy3861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BigDaddy3861
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts
For me , by far, my favorite. I've never felt so drawn into the story of a game like this.
H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

BioShock is in the top five for games on the 360, no doubt

but as for all time, i think its in the top 50, maybe

unbelieveable game tho

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Great game, definitely in my top 5. Here is a link to Bioshock 2 to gameplay if you haven't yet seen it. Bioshock 2 Gameplay

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="Shrisrelkray"]

Xbot_720
I kinda agree with you to be honest. I played Bioshock once and never touched it again. It was good but definitely not groundbreaking like all these fanboys are making it out to be.

I mean seriously....You come in here and say that we are fanboys because we like a game that was widely acclaimed both critically and publicly as one of the most original and atmospheric games to date? Some people man....Give me a break!
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
[QUOTE="Xbot_720"][QUOTE="Shrisrelkray"]

NOD_Grindking

I mean seriously....You come in here and say that we are fanboys because we like a game that was widely acclaimed both critically and publicly as one of the most original and atmospheric games to date? Some people man....Give me a break!

I have to wonder what the people that say Bioshock sucks actually like? Vampire Rain maybe?? LOL
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Its a bloody amazing game but i dont think its the best ever.