Bioshock 2 Hands-On: Oct 29!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#1 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Coming straight from the end of the new trailer:

"Global Hands-On Preview Embargo Lifts 9:00am Pacific, Thursday, Oct 29, 2009"

For those of you who may not know what this means, of course game companies hold off on journalists playing the game themselves until they feel it's ready or just whenever they want. So on thursday we will all get to see (probably read) some sweet Bioshock 2 footage.

jimivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 jimivey
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

Awesome! Nice find. Can't wait for this game.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
sweet! :D
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RealKilla_789

jimivey
thanks. and i cannot wait either. but i am disappointed that there is multiplayer. the game was just fine with out it.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
[QUOTE="jimivey"]

RealKilla_789
thanks. and i cannot wait either. but i am disappointed that there is multiplayer. the game was just fine with out it.

Then don't play the multiplayer. I'm sure the single player experience won't be marred because of it.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="jimivey"]

RealKilla_789

Why don't you pretend that there is no multi-player ?:P...At first I was a little thrown off but multiplayer can do nothing to harm the SP experience, and it might be worth playing online because the people who did Gears Of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are working on the MP, so I look forward to it.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RealKilla_789

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"][QUOTE="jimivey"]

DranzarTypeF

Why don't you pretend that there is no multi-player ?:P...At first I was a little thrown off but multiplayer can do nothing to harm the SP experience, and it might be worth playing online because the people who did Gears Of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are working on the MP, so I look forward to it.

i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first place
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] thanks. and i cannot wait either. but i am disappointed that there is multiplayer. the game was just fine with out it.RealKilla_789

i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first place

Same if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Why don't you pretend that there is no multi-player ?:P...At first I was a little thrown off but multiplayer can do nothing to harm the SP experience, and it might be worth playing online because the people who did Gears Of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are working on the MP, so I look forward to it.

DranzarTypeF

Same if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock.

Then there would be just as many people complaining that there wasn't a multiplayer component. Don't hold it against the devs for trying to appeal to a broader audience. If it works, it works. Cool. But I'm sure the focus was always the campaign. And you can't yet say that they haven't outdone the first Bioshock. No one's played it yet.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RealKilla_789

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Why don't you pretend that there is no multi-player ?:P...At first I was a little thrown off but multiplayer can do nothing to harm the SP experience, and it might be worth playing online because the people who did Gears Of War and Rainbow Six Vegas are working on the MP, so I look forward to it.

DranzarTypeF

oh well... i guess we will see if the multiplayer really affected the game on thursday.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first placeDJ_Magneto

Then there would be just as many people complaining that there wasn't a multiplayer component. Don't hold it against the devs for trying to appeal to a broader audience. If it works, it works. Cool. But I'm sure the focus was always the campaign. And you can't yet say that they haven't outdone the first Bioshock. No one's played it yet.

What made you respond this way lol ? I simply gave an opinion that I would have prefered no multiplayer, its called an opionon & preferences for a reason lol. Also I said " if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock." sO CALM DOWN MAN LOL.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ_Magneto
[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first placeRealKilla_789

oh well... i guess we will see if the multiplayer really affected the game on thursday.

You can't really. You have to play the game. The whole game. If people feel that the campaign was too short or you have the feeling that the story or experience was short changed in some way, then maybe you can try to make the argument that time spent on developing the MP experience cut into the development of the campaign. But graphically it will still look amazing, there will be new weapons and plasmids. And that's all we'll see in a demo or vid.
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RealKilla_789
[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first placeDJ_Magneto

i've never heard anyone say that bioshock should have some multiplayer. we are all just saying our opinions so chill out. and i don't think he said that they have not outdone bioshock 1
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJ_Magneto

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Same if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock.

DranzarTypeF

What made you respond this way lol ? I simply gave an opinion that I would have prefered no multiplayer, its called an opionon & preferences for a reason lol. Also I said " if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock." sO CALM DOWN MAN LOL.

I'm not arguing with you and I respect your opinion, I'm just trying to point out that, that's probably why they decided to put in a multiplayer component.
SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

DranzarTypeF

they out sourced the multiplayer to a diffrent dev so they could just focus on the actual game.... pretty sure they did i can't remember.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RealKilla_789

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Same if it were up to me I would have just left it out and put all the focus on outdoing the first Bioshock.

DJ_Magneto

You can't really. You have to play the game. The whole game. If people feel that the campaign was too short or you have the feeling that the story or experience was short changed in some way, then maybe you can try to make the argument that time spent on developing the MP experience cut into the development of the campaign. But graphically it will still look amazing, there will be new weapons and plasmids. And that's all we'll see in a demo or vid.

oh no i agree that we can't really tell if the multiplayer will be affected. we can just look at the video and speculate cuz i mean that's all we have.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJ_Magneto
[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] i've never heard anyone say that bioshock should have some multiplayer. we are all just saying our opinions so chill out. and i don't think he said that they have not outdone bioshock 1

Geez, you guys have to chill. I wasn't ripping on your opinions. I don't know why you all came to that conclusion. I'm just trying to point out the other side of why the devs went in that direction. And BTW, I have heard some people talk about interest in multiplayer. I'm sure 2K wouldn't even consider it if that wasn't the case.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="RealKilla_789"] i'm sure i will play the multiplayer. i'm not saying that it's going to be bad or anything. i'm just saying that i'm disappointed that there is multiplayer in the first placeSEANSEXYUNDIES

they out sourced the multiplayer to a diffrent dev so they could just focus on the actual game.... pretty sure they did i can't remember.

EPIC is doing the MP, so it should be interesting...but one thing, have you ever played a FPS MP without snipers ?:shock:, its gonna feel a little awkward at first without the balance of sniper rifles but it should still be fun.