Bionic Commando Demo Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts

Didn't see a thread on it yet. The demo is up on marketplace now and offers the map Vertigo to play over Xbox live! What are your impressions?

I'm enjoying it so far, though without the ability to play with friends or in teams I can't really get a good sense of what this is really going to be like in the full version. But the gameplay seems pretty solid, and the single player should be pretty bomb. I'll be getting it.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

I just played the demo like 2 minutes ago. I have never in my entire life seen such a dumb game..lol. Seriously I don't think the game can even score a 1 if it's like this terrible multiplayer. What a joke..lol I thought it was just out right stupid and controls suck big time.

biggb383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 biggb383
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

i just played my first game, other then the fact it took me a couple min to find a game it was still lots of fun.. i will most likely be buyng this game when it comes out

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HappyAppe

I just played the demo like 2 minutes ago. I have never in my entire life seen such a dumb game..lol. Seriously I don't think the game can even score a 1 if it's like this terrible multiplayer. What a joke..lol I thought it was just out right stupid and controls suck big time.

Patriot298
Controls suck big time? Did you not take the time to figure out how they work? It is pretty simple. I rather like the swinging mechanic and being able to do "deaths from above". Also, being able to grapple your enemy makes for some interesting scenarios. The only thing I don't like is the rush for weapons, and having to pick up med packs. Everything else seemed pretty spot on.
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

[QUOTE="Patriot298"]

HappyAppe

Controls suck big time? Did you not take the time to figure out how they work? It is pretty simple. I rather like the swinging mechanic and being able to do "deaths from above". Also, being able to grapple your enemy makes for some interesting scenarios. The only thing I don't like is the rush for weapons, and having to pick up med packs. Everything else seemed pretty spot on.

Yep but i just don't like it period. If you like it then cool but I'll stay away from this game.

shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

Just tried the demo, I didn't like it... Felt like quake 4 or something only it wasn't any fun. The graphics didn't impress me either.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
It can't beat the classic BC. It won't be a purchase for me.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

The multiplayer is a lot of fun. The rope kick attack is awesome. Swinging around is a blast, until I get snipered out of the air, that is. :P

Anyways, I'm buying this game for single player, so multiplayer is just added awesomeness.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I haven't played the demo yet but I am downloading it right now.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

It was ok, maybe it will be more polished and tuned by release. I'm more interested in the single player.

Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts

Didn't see a thread on it yet. The demo is up on marketplace now and offers the map Vertigo to play over Xbox live! What are your impressions?

I'm enjoying it so far, though without the ability to play with friends or in teams I can't really get a good sense of what this is really going to be like in the full version. But the gameplay seems pretty solid, and the single player should be pretty bomb. I'll be getting it.

HappyAppe

How did you actually play it? i can't even get into a game, and after 5 min it kicks me outta xbl but my internet and xbl is fine if i dont play BC

Mighty_turnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mighty_turnip
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts

didnt like it and probs wont buy it.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HappyAppe

[QUOTE="HappyAppe"]

Goron24

How did you actually play it? i can't even get into a game, and after 5 min it kicks me outta xbl but my internet and xbl is fine if i dont play BC

I played a few games without error...about to play more, we'll see if I have any problems getting into a match.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I'll have to download it later, but I'm not expecting much.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

[QUOTE="Goron24"]

[QUOTE="HappyAppe"]

HappyAppe

I played a few games without error...about to play more, we'll see if I have any problems getting into a match.

Well, I played a few games about a few hours ago, and it was an okay game. I mean, it's most likely only the MP (and not the SP) but the game felt glitchy with a lot of lag.

zakk_attakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zakk_attakk
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
im gonna have to agree with happy on this one. i can understand people who dont like it, but for me the mp was a blast. it convinced me to but the game altogether. it wasnt the most in-depth, but it was alot of fun and the full game promises around 16 maps.
Miicrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Miicrox
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts
I enjoyed it, I'm pretty excited for the game. Though it's kind of hard to get a feel for the controls when you're getting pummelled.