Best wireless router for 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zipperhead58 (25 posts) -

Hello All....

My wireless router is dying....has anyone found an XBOX 360 compatiblewireless router that has run smoothly?

Thanks.

#2 Posted by mr-sheep (2235 posts) -
hands down, Airport Extreme.
#3 Posted by dscot18 (111 posts) -
I had a linksys wireless g, but because of our setup at our house, I was getting sporadic signal strength - it would be 4 green bars one moment, 1 red the next with incredible lag playing COD4. So I took a chance and got a D-link wireless N router at Best Buy (I didn't get the most expensive one). At the time I got it, there weren't any N routers on M$'s supported router list, however, it works perfectly. Open NAT out of the box, and I've never seen less than a 3-bar signal strength. And set-up was super-easy.
#4 Posted by Zipperhead58 (25 posts) -

Thanks...

The guy at Gamestop recommende a Linksys "super G"...I went to the Best Buy website...alot of people liked it, alot of people had tons of trouble, but, I guess thats with any router. I have a Netgear at the moment, I dont know if Ishould switch brands or not.

Thanks.

#5 Posted by Gen_Warbuff (8976 posts) -
I have the Linksys Super G ( I think) and have no issues with it. On one game, I had to change my NAT settings, but that was it.
Avatar image for MassEfectivator
#6 Posted by MassEfectivator (471 posts) -
Do not keep NetGear! It killed my dog *sobs* then it robbed me!!
#7 Posted by Spartan_385 (5194 posts) -
I have a Netgear and my 360 has a great signal full green bars all the time,
#8 Posted by PlaTiNuM24k (285 posts) -
I have the D-Link DGL 4500, Wirelesa/b/g/n and gigabit ethernet router, it kicks ass. If i had my own internet instead of sharing on a college server it would be alot faster but when barely anyones using it i neverh ave any problems, its awesome, gotta love the gamefuel setting