Best website to preorder from?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

Im preordering the MW2 bundled 360 online, but want to know which site has a recond of shipping their preorders early and quickly? Thanks!

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
Yeah I'm pre-ordering that at GAME.co.uk, it depends where you live. US - Gamestop.com (my buddy says there jerks but they get it delivered) UK - Game.co.uk or Play.com (they always got my games and consoles always on time sometimes play.com does a day early)
Cryptiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cryptiic
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts
I've found Gameplay to be one of the best here in the UK. It has great Customer Support. Great delivery, sometimes one to two days early. And the site is one of the cheapest i have found. www.gameplay.co.uk
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Newegg told me during a live chat with their customer support that their preorders will always be shipped so that you recieve them by launch, no matter what shipping method you use (so you can use their free 3-day shipping and still get it at launch)... Unlike Gamestop where you have to pay for 1 day shipping to get it buy launch...

I don't know if this is true of newegg yet (I preordered Uncharted 2 and selected the free 3 day shipping)... So I guess I will post back on Tuesday if I get it then...

I am pretty sure they are good though because a few of my friends had ODST 3 days early because Newegg shipped them out as soon as they got them...

ShadySpecimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ShadySpecimen
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
someone in the borderlands forum posted a link to gogamer.com (or .net?) because all of their games are cheaper (borderlands for pc was $39, $49 for xbox360), so I assume you might find your game cheaper too!
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

For those buying from the UK, the best online retailer is Shopto.net - I've used them for years now, and I've never had a game late, (more often than not, a few days early) and they have free next day delivery. With the most competitive prices around, they can't be beaten. :)

Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
SA boys go to take2.co.za
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Im preordering the MW2 bundled 360 online, but want to know which site has a recond of shipping their preorders early and quickly? Thanks!

BodyElite
I pre-order from GAME, uk store, they always send me games the day before release
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I would say Amazon.com. They have the best prices on games and always fast, release date delivery FREE. I would say go with amazon unless there's a better price elsewhere.
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

I would say Amazon.com. They have the best prices on games and always fast, release date delivery FREE. I would say go with amazon unless there's a better price elsewhere.Sonny360Elite

Thanks, so its either Amazon or Newegg (they shipped ODST to most people before the launch date)

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Amazon easily.
PatChampsXXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PatChampsXXXVI
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
Amazon easily.Doomtime
^This, this and this. Amazon.com is awesome. They always have the best prices and always get it to you day one. Definitely the way to go
Avatar image for SalarianChemist
SalarianChemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 SalarianChemist
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

The "worst" place to preorder from is Best Buy.

I strongly recommend that you stay away from Best Buy and avoid giving them your business for videogames or electronics. I purchased a $400 insurance policy on my HDTV set, and Best Buy refuses to honor it. Best Buy constantly tells people "These problems are within 'Acceptable Tolerances.'" I talked to other stores and I was told that they would instantly replace a product with that type of problem. I found out that there are over 40,000 complaints against Best Buy with the Better Business Bureua. And there are currently five states who have Attorney Generals seeking legal action against Best Buy for refusing to honor warranties and refusing to honor insurance. There is even a Senator from Connecticut who is seeking legal action against Best Buy because the Best Buy organization does not honor warranties and insurance.

And if you don't buy insurance from a Best Buy product, but your product requires service, you better get ready to pay an insanely inflated price! For example, my HDTV set cost $1800. When the Geek Squad from Best Buy came to my home, they claimed it would be $3200 to order a part and install it in the HDTV. Obviously, that was absolutely disgusting to hear information like that. Hearing that reminded me of when I heard Best Buy employees in the store telling people "It isn't a good idea to buy cheap $5 HDMI cables online; it is better to pay the $80 for our brand in the store." I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he gets everything for the discount of "cost plus five percent." The HDMI cables that Best Buy sells for $80 can be purchased by my friend for $5.25. In other words, even though Best Buy charges $80 for their HDMI cables, it costs them only $5, just like if you bought them on Amazon or some other website.

As far as the Xbox 360 goes, I can tell you that Best Buy is a place to stay away from. When you buy their expensive insurance policy on the Xbox 360, you are now forced to send in your Hard Drive as part of the transaction in order to get your money back or to have your unit replaced! My console had a problem other than the RROD, so I needed to use the insurance policy. I wanted to keep my hard drive, because it had all my files saved on it. But Best Buy would not allow this. I asked to speak to different Supervisors and Managers, but best buy would not do anything to help me out. There were even three separate times when Best Buy claimed a Manager would call me within two to three business days, but I never once received a call from Best Buy.I needed to spend $30 on a 512MB Memory Unit and spend three hours transferring all my saved files, one at a time, from the Hard Drive to the Memory Unit. That sucked!

Let the buyer beware! Stay away from Best Buy!

The online retailers I have had really good experiences with in terms of shipping with orders and preorders are:

* Amazon: They ship items quickly and on time for both orders and preorders. I recently preordered Forza Motorsport 3. It was shipped the day the game was released, and I received it just two business dayslater with free shipping. If shipping is important to you, I believe you can pay extra to get the item shipped even faster.

* K-Mart: I once ordered The Genesis Hits game with all those classic Sega Genesis games on one Xbox 360 disc. The game arrived at my home the very next day! This was amazing to me! I think the reason this might have happened is because I placed my order really late at night, which essentially made it about 1.5 days. Still, this was really fast!

* Meijer: I recently ordered a digital camera from Meijer, and it arrived at my home in two business days. This was very fast and I was very pleased.