Best size and weight for a Madden 08 Half-Back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ken_drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ken_drummer
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

I'm about to create a half-back for Superstar mode, but I dont know how big (or small) I should make him. Height and weight wize.

Also, what are the best stats to have, and the worst stats to have. Im thinking of primarily putting points in speed, strength, agility, and break tackle.

Oppinions/Suggestions?

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
Dunno about size and weight. I like mine quick and powerful. As long as they can outrun the safties for a big gain, than that is fast enough. I'd go for strength, trucking, speed, and acceleration.
ken_drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ken_drummer

Dunno about size and weight. I like mine quick and powerful. As long as they can outrun the safties for a big gain, than that is fast enough. I'd go for strength, trucking, speed, and acceleration. Impex

Awesome, thanks! Is trucking an actual stat, or do u mean like just plowing through guys?

Any suggestions for size or weight anyone?

mr_hurtin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_hurtin
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
just do the weight and height of adrian peterson
ken_drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ken_drummer
Haha! Nice, but im just looking to see if there if its better to be shorter or taller, fatter or thinner etc.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

[QUOTE="Impex"]Dunno about size and weight. I like mine quick and powerful. As long as they can outrun the safties for a big gain, than that is fast enough. I'd go for strength, trucking, speed, and acceleration. ken_drummer

Awesome, thanks! Is trucking an actual stat, or do u mean like just plowing through guys?

Any suggestions for size or weight anyone?

Yeah, trucking is a stat. It's using the highlight stick. So instead of having a smaller back who ducks under people or jukes around them (which takes longer) when you use the highlight stick, you just bowl them over.

mr_hurtin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_hurtin
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
i guess its best for an all around player to be like adrian peterson or LT cause they are the guys that are power, fast, and finesse backs. obviously the bigger guys are for truck sticking and little guys are for lightning. just put together LT and AP and find the averages.
ken_drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ken_drummer

I read that you can pretty much max the stats on ur RB...

is that true?

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
well since its a videogame it really doesnt matter what size you make him. ive made like super tall guys and super short guys, but the only thing that matters in the game is the person's attributes. but if you're trying to be realistic id say a good size is about 6"1 and around 220 pounds.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
I always go for the short, stout guys, like 5'9 250, because even though the game doesn't put it into effect, low center of gravity is great for the types of running backs I like (smashmouth blow 'em over types not the speedy nimble types), but that's just me.
KGrimm03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KGrimm03
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
a good running back goes from the size 5'9-6'1. weight i would say from 185-225.