Best Place to Trade In Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I want to trade in MW2, GRAW 2, and Far Cry 2.

I want to buy used copies of the Xbox 360 version of CoD 4, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, and NCAA Football '09.

Where can I get the most credit/money for my used games in proportion to the games I want to buy?

skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

If i was you, i'd put in the time to list and sell on ebay, you'll end up with maybe 2 or 3 times what they'll offer in any store.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

If i was you, i'd put in the time to list and sell on ebay, you'll end up with maybe 2 or 3 times what they'll offer in any store.

skivit
This. You could try selling it on Amazon as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="skivit"]

Alex3796
This. You could try selling it on Amazon as well.

Amazon had MW2 trade in as $24 and I was going to do that, but the next time I checked they had lowered it to $12. I looked at a website called goozex. Has anyone ever used that before?
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Gamestop.

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

This question is asked all the time, and the answer is always ebay or amazon if you are really looking to get the most for your games. If your in a pinch you could take it to a store but as aforementioned they will give you 2-3 times less what you could get for it online. If you see it listed around $24 one day and $12 the next thats not entirely uncommon game prices fluxuate like crazy sometimes pending on when new releases are coming up and things like that and if an older title has become a "classic" or not. Hope that helps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Gamestop.

Stevo7991

HOW DARE YOU MENTION THAT MONEY-SUCKING STORE!

They hardly give you any money and then sell your games back for 50-75% more then they paid you for them.

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

Gamestop.

Stevo7991

roflcopters,.... roflmao,....

Seriously? No offense but uh, are you new or somethin?

Gamestop says "here ill give you a few quarters for that new triple A title you just purchased for about $60 bucks." Then they turn around and sell it for $54.99 of which non goes to the developers and the next customer to buy it used is only saving 5 or 6 bucks and taking the chance they might be getting a copy that looks like it went three five minute rounds with a rabid feline... So they are ripping you off, and the people who make the game all for their profit. Not my kinda business.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

Gamestop.

Stevo7991
not gamestop because they will undercut you
daveprince13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 daveprince13
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts

All of these guys are wrong. Ebay and Amazon both take a cut of your precious money, Gamestop is not even going to be considered an option.

It's ALL about craigslist baby! You'd get at least $35 cash for MW2 and at least $20 for the others. I don't know how far you live from a big city but that might make a difference in how it all shakes down. I tend to get SO SO SO much more from selling my games on craigslist than I do anywhere else. And I always just meet someone at a gas station or something and swap cash for game. Simple Simple. Just include a real picture of the game and the real disc, showing any flaws, be honest always and you're golden.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
You can get a lot more by doing Craigslist and just get cash, but you also deal with some risks. I would try Craigslist maybe or you could do Ebay/Amazon or Gamestop. Gamestop has some power trades and other things that you can get the same amount for your games as those online sites. Also, Gamestop has used games at great prices. Use the website to order games and get coupon codes from Retailmenot.,com to get discounts off your games. Code SAVER for free shipping.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
I would try either craiglist or ebay, craigslist might be a little faster. I just bought a brand new Halo Reach console on there for 200 minus the game. Craiglist for the freaking WIN!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ebay....mostly

if it's old game do little home work. look at where bids are ending on ebay and come pare to in stores trade lines(i heard best buy offers little more then gamestop.)

if your doing ebay think like bussiness man lol. people get paid fridays so have your bids end on fridays/ saterdays.... have your bids end on a time you consider people will be more home to be able bid

bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts
I highly recommend checking out http://www.cheapassgamer.com . It'll pretty much give you all the information you'll need to find out what you want.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#15 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The only places I've ever traded in games to have been Gamestop and Play N Trade. I don't know which one has the better trade-in rate. They seem to have about equal prices for used games, so I assume they're about equal for trade-in values.