Best place to trade games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ragogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ragogt
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
topicĀ  Is gamestop good at that?
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
topicĀ  Is gamestop good at that?ragogt
they're good at ripping you off. best bet would be to ebay
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Best bet for trading in at a physical store is Gamecrazy. They seem to have the best prices, plus 10% more on trade-ins if you get their card. But yeah, Ebay or Half.com are the places you will get the most money, but it involves a bit more work.
tyler2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tyler2010
Member since 2005 • 3384 Posts
eBay!
Kounterfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kounterfit
Member since 2005 • 1230 Posts
yah dont go to gamestop or ebgames. try ebay
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts
ebay. How did you get borat as your gamerpic?
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
ebay. How did you get borat as your gamerpic?WWIAB
It's free on the marketplace.
MrMurphy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrMurphy72
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

Indeed.Ā  I took Saints Row back to GameStop and they offered me 15 bucks for it yet they were selling their used copies for $49.99 still.Ā  I took the cash cause Saints Row was a disappointment to me but from that day forward I vowed to keep all my games even if they suck or do the eBay thing.

ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#9 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Gamestop and EB Games can pretty much suck it.Ā  I traded in a bunch of old weak stuff to get some credit to buy Age of Empires 3 and a week later they did their best to act like I hadn't been there and didn't have any credit.Ā  I have never been to Gamestop since.

I used to buy and trade games at Game Force and Buy Back Games in Denver, and I thoughtĀ  every other place in the country would have a corner store with an independent owner that dealt in video games, but I was wrong.Ā  In DC, there is ONE independent game dealer in a 30-mile radius, and you need to drive through 4 different cities and counties to get there.

It sucks buying all your games from Best Buy.Ā  :(

ragogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ragogt
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in trades
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fore_runner

Indeed. I took Saints Row back to GameStop and they offered me 15 bucks for it yet they were selling their used copies for $49.99 still. I took the cash cause Saints Row was a disappointment to me but from that day forward I vowed to keep all my games even if they suck or do the eBay thing.

MrMurphy72
I got $25....but I returned it as soon as I and a friend had both completed it.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fore_runner
I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesragogt
Can I just request one of those free of charge?
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
eBay!tyler2010
zlargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 zlargon
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
No. If you subscribe to GameInformer for $10 for 12 issues or something like that, you get that card as a bonus. It gives you a 10% boost on trade-ins and a 10% discount on purchasing used games, and it is really worth it if you buy or trade a lot of games. The magazine is also pretty good, but I prefer OXM, since I almost only play my 360 now, with some PS2, PC and PSP on the side.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fore_runner
No. If you subscribe to GameInformer for $10 for 12 issues or something like that, you get that card as a bonus. It gives you a 10% boost on trade-ins and a 10% discount on purchasing used games, and it is really worth it if you buy or trade a lot of games. The magazine is also pretty good, but I prefer OXM, since I almost only play my 360 now, with some PS2, PC and PSP on the side.zlargon
Hmmm....I'm considering it....but I'm going to lose my transportation in a couple months, so I think I'll just switch to gamefly.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rbrown3
I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesragogt
The Edge card does not add 10% Value to trades, the More Card does. The Edge card is a gift card and it is also used to store value from games you trade in.
shabutie9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shabutie9000
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="ragogt"]I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesrbrown3
The Edge card does not add 10% Value to trades, the More Card does. The Edge card is a gift card and it is also used to store value from games you trade in.

i just used my edge card and got a 10% more in trades like a week ago
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="ragogt"]I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesshabutie9000

You used your More Card for that, they are 2 different cards. My next door neighbor is the district manager for Gamestop here in VA, he also has a few stores in Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, I get my info from him, and I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about. Also, considering I used both cards today, used my More Card to get 10% on my trade in of NBA 2k6 and used the store credit from my Edge card to get NBA Street and Sonic and the Secret Rings
shabutie9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shabutie9000
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="shabutie9000"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="ragogt"]I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesrbrown3

You used your More Card for that, they are 2 different cards. My next door neighbor is the district manager for Gamestop here in VA, he also has a few stores in Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, I get my info from him, and I'm pretty sure he knows what he is talking about. Also, considering I used both cards today, used my More Card to get 10% on my trade in of NBA 2k6 and used the store credit from my Edge card to get NBA Street and Sonic and the Secret Rings

dude, i dont own a More card, only an Edge, and it got me 10% more. maybe it was just the cashier's mistake.
TarnishedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TarnishedSoul
Member since 2002 • 12151 Posts
gamecrazy
scott300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scott300
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts

I have been using Liongames.com for a few months now.Ā  This place is the independant game shopĀ you have been looking for but online. They have good trade inĀ values as well as some fantastic deals for new games.Ā  I got Lost Planet from them and my Crackdown is on the way. Check them out,Ā you will be happy you did.

http://www.liongames.com/

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

does game crazy give u cash for trade-in's? j/w

thanks

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
dont trade in games to stores!....they rip you off....i guess ebay is the best place
Dylanskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dylanskates
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
I'd say Rhino but since Gamestop recently bought them out, I say Gamestop even though they're greedy and rip you off....... Cuz would you rather buy a game from eBay and have to send it back or whatever and pay for postage. When you use Gamestop it is guaranteed to work so.........
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
[QUOTE="shabutie9000"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="ragogt"]I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesrbrown3

Dude your wrong. I work at Gamestop... Trust me
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="shabutie9000"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="ragogt"]I have a crad from gamestop(edge) that adds 10% more in tradesChildeater10

Dude your wrong. I work at Gamestop... Trust me

well I have two cards, would you like a photo?