Best console for me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reverend1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 reverend1985
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

So here is my dilema. I have an old 16 amp Xbox that MS sent me last year refurbished when my first RROD on me. Now I can tell this thing is going because sometimes I get an E74 error and sometimes I get a disc error. Don't wanna fix this stupid thing anymore. So next year I'm getting a new console, just don't know which is best for me. I play a good portion of games, however I really don't d/l games on demand or install them to the HD. Installing to HD though may be something I start doing. I have gamefly and only buy games i really really want.

So that's my question, would it be just better to get an arcade and use my old 20 gig HD, or with the possibility of lots of DLC coming out for new games like AC2, MW2 and Forza 3, should I just splurge and get the elite for the bigger space? Any help would be appreciated. And btw, I'm only collecting unemployment and I'm a student if that helps. Thanks guys

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Always go with the harddrive option especially now that the price has dropped.....they let students collect unemployment? I thought that's why they have student loans. What country do you live in?
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

go for da elite.i thnk it got price drop to 300 or 250 or sumtin like that i dnt rly remember.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
[QUOTE="reverend1985"]

So here is my dilema. I have an old 16 amp Xbox that MS sent me last year refurbished when my first RROD on me. Now I can tell this thing is going because sometimes I get an E74 error and sometimes I get a disc error. Don't wanna fix this stupid thing anymore. So next year I'm getting a new console, just don't know which is best for me. I play a good portion of games, however I really don't d/l games on demand or install them to the HD. Installing to HD though may be something I start doing. I have gamefly and only buy games i really really want.

So that's my question, would it be just better to get an arcade and use my old 20 gig HD, or with the possibility of lots of DLC coming out for new games like AC2, MW2 and Forza 3, should I just splurge and get the elite for the bigger space? Any help would be appreciated. And btw, I'm only collecting unemployment and I'm a student if that helps. Thanks guys

I would buy the Elite but get a memory card and put all your valued saves and stuff from your 20gb HD onto it. Then you can put it onto your new HD which comes with the Elite. Make sure to put your account onto the memory card to transfer that to the Elite though. Also you shouldn't lose your downloaded DLC, as long as you continue to use the same account you can re download it for free as they know you have already paid for it.
reverend1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 reverend1985
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

ok thanks guys. and ya im in the U.S. im in tennessee we are allowed to collect unemployment while we attend school due to the new stimulus package else, there would be a ton of ppl poor lol

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Go with the Elite