Best Class to Use In Mass Effect 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

So I will be starting up Mass Effect 2 later today, and I was wondering what class should I use. In the first game, I used Vanguard, but from what I hear, the Shotgun has been nerfed and Biotic Charge isn't that great. Personally, I was thinking of either Sentinel or Infiltrator (though I'm leading thowards Sentinel). What do you reccomend?

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Adept pretty much assures that you'll have no disadvantages playing through the game, Soldier is the strongets class offensively.

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
I'm playing as a sentinel and there really good.
luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
I'm playing the infiltrator right now, because i like sniping, its not the most fun or strong class, so i wouldnt recommend. IGN specifically mentioned Vanguard is extremely fun when they review ME2, so I will go with that. Adept is just mage if this is a fantasy game, so definitly a good class too.
Achaean728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Achaean728
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

So I will be starting up Mass Effect 2 later today, and I was wondering what class should I use. In the first game, I used Vanguard, but from what I hear, the Shotgun has been nerfed and Biotic Charge isn't that great. Personally, I was thinking of either Sentinel or Infiltrator (though I'm leading thowards Sentinel). What do you reccomend?

After_Math
The shotgun has indeed been nerfed. To be honest, Vanguard isnt as fun as it sounds or as fun as IGN made it out to be.
hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

loving Infiltrator so far.

hotdoggin7687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hotdoggin7687
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts

[QUOTE="After_Math"]

Achaean728

The shotgun has indeed been nerfed. To be honest, Vanguard isnt as fun as it sounds or as fun as IGN made it out to be.

I completely agree. Still enjoying the hell out of the game, but Vanguard isnt all its cracked up to be. If you use your charge incorrectly, you might take 1 guy out, but you'll have three others blasting you to your death.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

I'm playing a soldier now, and some of the fights in the game make me a little uneasy at the thought of using any other class. I had a hard enough time with the full arsenal under my belt. Taking away some of that would make me feel a little nekkid.

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Well, I'm playing as Level 25 Soldier so far and it's pretty darn fun. But it's all a matter of opinion. Any class is good.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

you can choose bonus skills so is not like ME1 this time classes are more flexible

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

I know it's a bit boring by comparison for some but I love playing as a soldier - especially now that I can switch to an addtional loyalty gained power whenever I want (have plenty of extra element zero). Being able to use Miranda's biotic slam etc as well as any weapon I want except the smg is pretty sweet.

FastrThanyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FastrThanyou
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts
I agree with the vanguard thing.. not really as fun as you would think, almost every time you use charge you have to quickly find a way to escape, or use charge again quickly to get some shield back.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i would say adept or solider but you can really use any class effectively as long as you use teammate's to compliment your skills. Also with advanced train you can customize your class.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Infiltrator or Soldier. Soldier has brute force while Infiltrator provides an array of team support. I played as a Vanguard first time through, and I wasn't contributing much damage to the total output before I got the 2nd SMG/got Assault Rifle training.
SilentlyMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SilentlyMad
Member since 2009 • 2093 Posts

Adept pretty much assures that you'll have no disadvantages playing through the game, Soldier is the strongets class offensively.

DranzarTypeF
Adept is the hardest class to play at the highest difficulties because of the armor and shields. Most biotics do not work when enemies have them. I am not saying you can not do it but it just takes more teamwork and spamming warp. Sentinel is good because has a talent for everything TC so yes that would be good. Solider and infiltrator are also bother very good. If you are not doing the 2 hardest levels then anything works.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
depends how you play. soldier is very fun
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I'm playing a soldier now, and some of the fights in the game make me a little uneasy at the thought of using any other class. I had a hard enough time with the full arsenal under my belt. Taking away some of that would make me feel a little nekkid.

Sharpie125

Exactly how I feel. Some of these fights aren't easy, even with a full arsenal and a team with good biotics. Also, I gotta have my Pulse Rifle.

DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
I love the vanguard class. my strategy was: get every enemy to half life, hopefully some are frozen from cryo-ammo, then charge. charge will kill one for sure if frozen, more if you took the AOE charge evolution. charging when everyone is at full health is suicide. it worked pretty well for me.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

[QUOTE="Sharpie125"]

Phoenix534

Exactly how I feel. Some of these fights aren't easy, even with a full arsenal and a team with good biotics. Also, I gotta have my Pulse Rifle.

being a biotic is cool..you get to glow blue
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#20 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Vanguard is my fav, Soldier my least fav.

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
played through both as an infiltrator have no real complaints.
Achaean728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Achaean728
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
[QUOTE="DaveyBoy123"]I love the vanguard class. my strategy was: get every enemy to half life, hopefully some are frozen from cryo-ammo, then charge. charge will kill one for sure if frozen, more if you took the AOE charge evolution. charging when everyone is at full health is suicide. it worked pretty well for me.

hmm not a bad strategy. I'll have to try that out!
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

I love the infiltrator. I love to hang back and aim for the head, and the cloaking is pretty sweet too. I'm curious what people think of the engineer, since no one really mentioned it. The drone things looked pretty useful...

doc-ferguson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 doc-ferguson
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Achaean728"][QUOTE="DaveyBoy123"]I love the vanguard class. my strategy was: get every enemy to half life, hopefully some are frozen from cryo-ammo, then charge. charge will kill one for sure if frozen, more if you took the AOE charge evolution. charging when everyone is at full health is suicide. it worked pretty well for me.

hmm not a bad strategy. I'll have to try that out!

yeah not bad. I've played several of the classes and by far vanguard is my favorite and in my opinion the most powerful and rewarding to play my tactics consist of giving my squad max cryo ammo with rapid fire weapons to freeze my foes dead in their tracks while I use max incendary ammo to burn through armor and deal extra damage. max out champion and recieve the extra power recharge time and evolve charge to heavy charge to get the 100% shield recharge bonus. then pick bonus power reave to deal with armor and barriers of any enemies who prove to be stubborn and I can't simply charge to because of tactical reasons which really isn't that often even on higher difficulties if you have the right squad. (miranda is a great choice due to the fact she can deal heavy damage to any color and gives and great bonus to all squads health and damage, and she happens to have a decent amount of junk in her trunk) with this set up I can pretty much charge non stop across the field of battle and rarely if ever sustain any damage to my health and mow down hordes in mere seconds, Well timed charge shotgun blast to melee to shotgun blast by then my enemey is dead and my vanguard has had enough time to be able to charge again refilling my shields to 100% and starting the process all over and as stated above rarely if ever sustain damage to my health. people who dog the vanguard just simply don't know how to use charge correctly. master charge and you become the whirling death of mass effect 2. vangaurd is by far in my opinion the most rewarding class to play
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I've played all the classes, and I find Infiltrator is the best class for me. Nice balance of weapon mastery, and tech skills. Incinerate once powered up drops enemies in their tracks. Turning robots against their friends is pretty cool too.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Old thread.

But Vanguard.:P

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
My first playthrough was an Infiltrator. Now my female playthrough is with a vanguard (I had no clue it was nerfed :o )
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#28 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The only class I've ever played as in ME1 or 2 is Soldier. I should try a different class sometime.