Best Call of Duty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 0

#1 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

So looking to potentially get into the CoD series after enjoying some Battlefield 1.

It looks like in terms of critics reviews, it seems like the MW series and BO series are the best overall? the player scores are all over the place though for the games in the series, so its hard to tell which ones are deserving of the bad reviews, or if it is just trolls trying to bring the score down.

Also the upcoming WWII game looks interesting. Just curious if it would be worth it to play some of the older games too. :)

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6103 Posts

Your going from Battlefield 1 to Call of Duty???Going backwards are you???If you want some great multiplayer,try Halo 5??

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#3 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Your going from Battlefield 1 to Call of Duty???Going backwards are you???If you want some great multiplayer,try Halo 5??

No I was thinking I could play both BF1 and some CoD...

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

@svaubel said:
@brimmul777 said:

No I was thinking I could play both BF1 and some CoD...

Don't listen to him, CoD has some great titles. They haven't been the best recently, but personally everything before BOII were great. CoD 2, CoD: MW, and CoD: WaW being my favorites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

Black Ops and World at War are my favorites. I loved MP up through Black Ops 2. Right now for MP, MW Remastered is the only choice. Hopefully WW2 will be great. Glad they are ditching jetpacks and wall running, etc. Ruined the series IMO. If you're just looking to play campaigns, I liked them through Ghosts, but I'm in the non-elitist, non-hipster, minority.

killingjoke94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 killingjoke94
Member since 2017 • 26 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is one of the best games of all time. Hands down both single and multiplayer.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

black ops 2 was my fav

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I've played approximately half of all COD titles, I buy them for the campaigns and the coop Zombie mode. I'm not really into the multiplayer.

So as a casual fan of the series, to be honest the one that comes to mind is Infinite Warfare, visually the game looks incredible and runs well, also I love Sci fi so I enjoyed the setting. Story was pretty decent for a COD title, and the 80's themed Zombie and Rave Zombie modes are awesome in this iteration.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts

I never found Battlefield and COD to mesh well mixing up the multiplayer, it's like sitting in a hot tub and jumping into the pool and feeling like its freezing, sort of, I mean COD gameplay feels way to fast paced by comparison its almost anxiety inducing, that's how I felt about it last gen anyways, maybe now with the games running at higher variable framerates it's not that stark of a contrast. Anyhow, play more Battlefield. I believe they have BFBC2 available via backwards compatibility. As for what's available on BC now, go for World At War, that's the only one I can recommend anyways, they don't have Modern Warfare 2 available yet and that's the other one I'd recommend. They have COD2 though, it was a decent entry, better than COD3 by miles anyways.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

The original because I like WWII shooters quite a bit. Looking forward to the new one!