Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

I found the demo to be very disapointing, I just couldnt get into it and suprisingly enough I felt the graphics werent even that special. No buy

mudfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mudfrog
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

Played a bit yesterday and thought it was ok. Kept getting shot by snipers (as usual with these sorts of games) but still enjoyed it. Got a few kills from distance with the assault rifle.

I probably won't by when first released but perhaps when the price comes down I will look at getting it.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

it didn't blow me away. but i will be picking it up day 1. had a lot more fun than i had with Call of Glitches

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

it didn't blow me away. but i will be picking it up day 1. had a lot more fun than i had with Call of Glitches

James161324
have you tried Battlefield 1943? thats a great game, much better than call of doody
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Well I'm not gonna judge the retail game by one map, of course playing on one map, with beta graphics will get boring after a while, I've had a chance to see more parts of the game like the campaign and other MP maps and its a day 1 buy for me.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#6 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Does BC2 play anything like Bc1? If so i'll love it. I have yet to play the demo, too hooked on ME2.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Still disapointed by the fact that a 7.62x51mm NATO round fired from 1000m+ away from the end of my M24 still doesn't kill a person with one chest shot... They take the extra step to add bullet drop and all this other stuff to add "realism"... Well in real life that kind of shot would rip a man in half.

Other than that I like the game. Apart from the UAVs.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
it took me awhile to get use to the controls but then i loved every minute of it, ill be getting it day 1 for sure
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Loved it. The only thing I didn't like was the knife most of the time. It was very weird using it.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Coming from someone that thought he wouldn't like it, I can say that I'm pretty much hooked. I've probably put 10+ hours in the demo. I can understand some of the complaints that they've died too fast. I died really fast when I first hopped into the game, but I got used to the game's surroundings pretty quickly. Right now, I usually come out in the top 3 of the round. I love the realistic touches, too (the way you can't aim steadily when an explosion occurs, the grass making noises when you walk through it, explosive environments, etc.) My only complaint is that there tends to be no one talking in a round. For a game mode like this, team work is pretty much a necessity. I hope DICE disables party chat. It's yet another game that I'm going to buy.
Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Still disapointed by the fact that a 7.62x51mm NATO round fired from 1000m+ away from the end of my M24 still doesn't kill a person with one chest shot... They take the extra step to add bullet drop and all this other stuff to add "realism"... Well in real life that kind of shot would rip a man in half.

Buttons1990

Yea because in real life people respawn.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]Coming from someone that thought he wouldn't like it, I can say that I'm pretty much hooked. I've probably put 10+ hours in the demo. I can understand some of the complaints that they've died too fast. I died really fast when I first hopped into the game, but I got used to the game's surroundings pretty quickly. Right now, I usually come out in the top 3 of the round. I love the realistic touches, too (the way you can't aim steadily when an explosion occurs, the grass making noises when you walk through it, explosive environments, etc.) My only complaint is that there tends to be no one talking in a round. For a game mode like this, team work is pretty much a necessity. I hope DICE disables party chat. It's yet another game that I'm going to buy.

disabling party chat is the worst idea ever and ruins fun times with friends. Someone told me you can only talk to the people in your squad. ut yes i have yet to hear anyone talk back except for my friends while playing. hopefully it will be better in the real game, i dnt know how any people take a demo seriously.
Avatar image for colombianplaya5
colombianplaya5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 colombianplaya5
Member since 2005 • 245 Posts

Buttons1990
Ever heard of body armor?
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 James161324

[QUOTE="James161324"]

pete_merlin

have you tried Battlefield 1943? thats a great game, much better than call of doody

yes played a crap load of it till mw2 came out

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 James161324

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

colombianplaya5

that may be true.

But there does need to be a bigger range for a one shot kill. Only place is the head.

But a sniper round is going to go penetrate most body armor.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I personally loved it so I preordered it and will get it on day one.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

i've had the game pre-ordered for 4 months and the demo delivered. I just wish it had conquest or a level from the campaign.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

[QUOTE="colombianplaya5"][QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

James161324

that may be true.

But there does need to be a bigger range for a one shot kill. Only place is the head.

But a sniper round is going to go penetrate most body armor.

given how large the maps are snipers would be incredibly OP if they could kill with 1 sniper shot to the chest. 2 shots makes sniping more skill based as people will try and aim for the head more often.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I'm pretty addicted to the game right now. Its only a demo and I've already put six hours into it. I really really hope that the unlocks go towards the actual game but I could care less really. The game is just way too much fun, and sniping is beyond rewarding when you get a headshot on a moving target. I've gotten pretty good at it and just got my Silver Star for the M24.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

disabling party chat is the worst idea ever and ruins fun times with friends. Someone told me you can only talk to the people in your squad. ut yes i have yet to hear anyone talk back except for my friends while playing. hopefully it will be better in the real game, i dnt know how any people take a demo seriously. 2pac_makaveli

I love playing games while talking to my friends in party chat, but with a game like this (or any war game, really), you need to make the whole game a team effort. It's kind of hard to do that sometimes when you can't even communicate with your teammates.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Does BC2 play anything like Bc1? If so i'll love it. I have yet to play the demo, too hooked on ME2.

chex81

yea it does play like bad company 1 but alot more smoother and redifined .the reason Bf games dont let their sniper kill in one shot is due to camping if it was a one shot kill everyone and their mom would use a sniper so they have to balance it differently :)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I have to say I absolutly love the game. I have played the demo for hours now.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I have played it on both PC and 360.... both versions are fun :) but pc was better IMO. Even if you only play console, I think this game will be popular for some time :) Considering I still prefer BFBC1 to MW2 , I think BFBC2 will be even more enjoyable. I definately will be buying it on day one.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

I preorder the LE copy of this game MONTHS ago.

Scraper_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scraper_2
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

The 360 demo is about 8 months old right now, so that's why the graphics are not top notch.

The only thing I don't like is the UAV. Don't get me wrong, I will use it and feel no regret for getting 30 kills from spawn camping, but honestly I wish they would just remove it.

For one, it's a little overpowered. I can get in the UAV and shoot down the Apache and Blackhawk with ease (assuming you have the turret spec). Ok, fair enough. Except, if you're capable of standing still, I've been in a position where the enemy will not find me (Behind the crane at the apache spawn for instance) and be able to spawn camp the apache with missles, and get double kills on it every time. I once took down the apache 5 times in one life, and no one could do anything about it because they couldn't find me.

On top of it being rediculously easy to make even trying to get into helicoptor completely futile, it makes your team useless. We've all seen it, 4 people all camping the UAV, waiting for it to spawn. It effectively means I have 4 less teamates. They apparently have no way to read time because they will stand there for 20 minutes waiting for it - even if someones on it, I occasionally see people waiting for the pilot to die so they can start waiting for it.

I liked everything else about it though. For instance, being able to mark your targets without shooting them. Makes sniping kind of easy mode, though. You can just look at a building, press back, and 4 red dots appear. You now know where everyone in that building is. If you have a sniper it's even worse, because you just have to shoot at the red dot and the bullets trajectory will make it fall right into their head, for an instant kill. They also sped up the bullets, I think. Good thing, too, it felt like I was trying to shoot RPGs when I was sniping before.

I don't really like that you can have tracers and an RPG, but I don't often use vehicles that aren't the apache or blackhawk.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The 360 demo is about 8 months old right now, so that's why the graphics are not top notch.

Scraper_2

Wow, I didn't know that, even though the single player looks amazing. Where did you get that info from about it being 8 months old.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

The game didnt feel next gen to me for some reason. the menus seem generic and the graphics arent as nice as bad compnany 1. seeing your killer scene is annoying but it helps you get an idea how you were killed... (snipers 90% of the time :roll:). I did enjoy it to some extent

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

The game didnt feel next gen to me for some reason. the menus seem generic and the graphics arent as nice as bad compnany 1. seeing your killer scene is annoying but it helps you get an idea how you were killed... (snipers 90% of the time :roll:). I did enjoy it to some extent

BLAS1AN
The game is very next gen lol...one of the most advanced war shooters ever, I wouldn't judge the final product by the demo. The interface will change from now till release.
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

I thought it was fun, but I'm not going to buy it.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

The demo didn't impress me but I know I will like the full game. The map was good but nothing like Oasis and I unlocked everything in two days.. It was **** compared to BF:BC's demo.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I'll be getting it day one.I've really enjoyed the demo and I'd much rather play this than, say, MW2.
Mr_Illusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Illusive
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts
I like the demo, but I don't like fact you can't go prone and that it takes 2 shots with a sniper to kill unless you hit the head. I still enjoy the game however as it's different to COD: MW2 which at the moment bores me and is basically an over done game, but I would of liked it if they released another map with the demo instead of just the one. I'll spend my time mixing between COD: MW2, Battlefield 1943 and Mass Effect 2 while I wait for this game to arrive, shame its not a COD killer someone needs to make one of these maybe the new Medal of Honour? Or COD's gameplay with Battlefields map size and destructibility? hmmm...
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts
^ MoH multiplayer is going to be made by DICE, they makers of Battlefield.
pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

[QUOTE="Scraper_2"]

mitu123

Wow, I didn't know that, even though the single player looks amazing. Where did you get that info from about it being 8 months old.

it hasn't been out for 8 months -___- it just came out a week or two ago...he probably means the PS3 beta....if anything

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I disagree, it's one of the best FPS games of this generation.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I played the beta on PS3 and hated it, yet for some reason I can't stop playing the demo on 360, I guess I just needed to get used to the controls, I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

Excellent demo. The one problem is the controls. They shouldn't have changed them, they worked good in the first game. I found myself tapping RB to switch weapons only to knife the air.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
You can change your control scheme to the Bad Company 1 controls if you want. I find the BC1 controls much easier to use.
Scraper_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Scraper_2
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Scraper_2"]

pr3dator951

it hasn't been out for 8 months -___- it just came out a week or two ago...he probably means the PS3 beta....if anything

I'm not saying the demo has been out for 8 months, I'm saying this particular build of the game was made 8 months ago. I think it was said in some blog post or something, though if you don't believe me, you can go on youtube and look up gameplay footage from ComiCon - you'll be able to see it's the same demo. That's why most of the textures are pretty low in quality. I believe (don't quote me on this, though), that the character models and vehicles are finalized, however.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
loved it, cant wait till release
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#41 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I think the demo is great. Looking forward to the game coming out. Need a multiplayer game after finishing Gears of War 2.