Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty 3?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

Just borrowed cod 2 and Downloaded the Battlefield 3 beta
COD 2 is amazing and the battlefield beta if impressive I don't know
if I should buy Battlefield or wait for COD 3 I am leaning towards waiting
I might be a fan boy I don't know but what do you guys think Cod 3 or battlefield 3?

Chuckie_Shaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chuckie_Shaw
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts
CoD3
Jack_Littimeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jack_Littimeen
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Battlefield 3
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I think you mean Modern Warfare 3, COD3 was a huge pile of crap from Treyarch.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Both
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

I'm in the same position, but since BF3 is so sick, I'm just gonna buy it.

You mean Modern warfare 3 because Cod3 already came out and its getting old and suckish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Definitely Battlefield 3. The gameplay is more authentic than CoD, and it isn't a rehash :P

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Either BF3 or both. If you can afford it.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

Definitely Battlefield 3. The gameplay is more authentic than CoD, and it isn't a rehash :P

how is it not? it looks/plays/feels JUST like Bad Company 2 on consoles.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
What ever fits your game style. is the one going be the most fun. BUT BF3 will be new game (anything new game changing for the gaming world is still unclear.) MW3 will be cod.. with few minor changes nothing game changing, new map pack... i can't remember what website said it but they said they played mw3 for few hours and nothing changes and it feels more of a map pack then a new game. ME sad to say this but i will 100% be getting mw3 because i prefer running and gunning. that's just what i have the most fun with.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Not sure where you guys get your information, but MW3 is a completely diffrent game than any other CoD ever released.

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stevo7991

JayQproductions
Indeed. Also he must mean Modern Warfare 3 because I don't see how anyone would wanna buy COD3 now when its piles of junk right now.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Not sure where you guys get your information, but MW3 is a completely diffrent game than any other CoD ever released.

driftingsilvia
other how is that? few minor changes =mw3. new MP maps, new SP, most likely 80% of the guns is the same. same game engine, same game franchise, same game elements, same same same.
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stevo7991
[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

k2theswiss
other how is that? few minor changes =mw3. new MP maps, new SP, most likely 80% of the guns is the same. same game engine, same game franchise, same game elements, same same same.

True that. Same gameplay, Same engine and stuff, the only stuff new is the Storyline and some of the Weapons and the new MP mode.
JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

Stevo7991

Indeed. Also he must mean Modern Warfare 3 because I don't see how anyone would wanna buy COD3 now when its piles of junk right now.

ya I ment MW3

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Niether. COD is a virus. And BF3 is just mediocre.

Arkham CIty thats were its at.

Arkham CIty for GOTY!

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

mw3 is just a crappy rehash with not graphic updates honestly. and bf seesm to try to hard idk i dont much care for either of them

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Can't go wrong with both.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

When you say Call of Duty 3, I'm assuming you mean "Modern Warfare 3."

I think they'll both be equal in terms of quality. It's hard to revolutionize FPSs right now. I'm looking forward to the story of both of them and their campaigns. As for multiplayer, I'll probably go for BF3.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HilbillyRokstar

Niether. COD is a virus. And BF3 is just mediocre.

Arkham CIty thats were its at.

Arkham CIty for GOTY!

Master_Of_Fools

Oh please. Where's the replay value in that? I'll rent it and be done with it in a matter of hours just like I was with the last batman game. On the contrary I will be playing these two shooters for months and maybe years if they are truly exemplary like Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and Bad Co 2 proved to be.

Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts
If you like a run and gun lone wolf style of gameplay (or how I like to call it a dumb shooter) then CoD is right up your alley. If you want something more strategic and something that'll require more team work then BF3 is your game. I'm probably going to get both cause my friends are going to be split between the two (and I'll also be picking up BF3 for the PC when it goes on sale) cause sometimes I want to play a mindless shooter and sometimes I want something where there's an actual aspect of team work and vehicles. If you want Rambo go CoD; if you want war go for BF3. Metro was a horrible map for BF3 to show off in the demo. I played Caspian on PC and holy crap it's a battlefield game. If you think BF3 is a rehash of BC2 then you have to say that MW3 is a reskinned MW2.
neogeta8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 neogeta8
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

Battlefield 3 without question.

MW3 doesn't look like it's made much progression, if any, since MW2. Where as BF3 has clearly made leaps in technical progression. Also the current beta of BF3 is an early build model (several months old) and the final release version will be far more polished than the beta.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
both for me i cant wait
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

driftingsilvia

I really hope this is sarcasm/trolling. This game will be MW2 with a new killstreak system, gun unlocks (proficiencies), and new maps (lol). That's not highly different from MW2, or Black Ops for that matter. All the perks are generally the same, with new names, the guns are more or less the same, and the killstreaks are comprised of old ones mixed in with several new ones which no one will use (Valkyrie-esque ones). Just because they renamed Killstreaks as Strike Packages and brought in the point system doesn't make the gameplay wildly different. Besides kills, you only get points for bomb plants and flag captures (lol) or kill assists if you have Hardline pro. That's supposed to make people want to play the objective? Why would I rush to capture the B flag for 1 point, when I could camp it out and kill 3 people for 3 points. Strike Packages and the point system won't change anyone's mentality. This is MW2.5.

Oh and I'm getting both, but if I had to choose one, BF3 for sure.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="driftingsilvia"]

elpooz

I really hope this is sarcasm/trolling. This game will be MW2 with a new killstreak system, gun unlocks (proficiencies), and new maps (lol). That's not highly different from MW2, or Black Ops for that matter. All the perks are generally the same, with new names, the guns are more or less the same, and the killstreaks are comprised of old ones mixed in with several new ones which no one will use (Valkyrie-esque ones). Just because they renamed Killstreaks as Strike Packages and brought in the point system doesn't make the gameplay wildly different. Besides kills, you only get points for bomb plants and flag captures (lol) or kill assists if you have Hardline pro. That's supposed to make people want to play the objective? Why would I rush to capture the B flag for 1 point, when I could camp it out and kill 3 people for 3 points. Strike Packages and the point system won't change anyone's mentality. This is MW2.5.

Oh and I'm getting both, but if I had to choose one, BF3 for sure.

They did make modifications and changes to the co-op gameplay. Those are the biggest changes I have seen thus far.
DylanTheVillyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DylanTheVillyn
Member since 2011 • 73 Posts
Well I've played BF3 beta and it is quite fun, except I would prefer if the game mode was conquest, and I think it is definitely a quality piece. I have also played MW3, as has anyone had they played MW2, they are the same game and barely re-textured. If you REALLY want to compare the games (CoD fanboys look away) then it is clear to me that BF3 is superior in every way: Graphics: You can't lay a finger on that Frostbite 2 engine Realism: Bullet drop and having to lead your targets? Hell yeah! Gameplay: Having large team games and solid objective game modes along with the 'team player' mentality that the game pushes you towards screams quality to me.
Nick-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nick-42
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts

I prefer the CoD series, I didn't like the BF3 beta all that much. But both are irrelevant cause I'll be playing Skyrim.=D lol but I'll still pick up MW3 for those days when you want to wreck people.

DylanTheVillyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DylanTheVillyn

I prefer the CoD series, I didn't like the BF3 beta all that much. But both are irrelevant cause I'll be playing Skyrim.=D lol but I'll still pick up MW3 for those days when you want to wreck people.

Nick-42
Other than the CoD thing that I don't want to get into, I agree! (about Skyrim)
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

MW3. Only one worth my money.

I'm still playing MW2 on a daily basis, totally worth it :)

DylanTheVillyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DylanTheVillyn

_TheJoker_
..........................................lol?
MrSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrSkywalker
Are you Kiddin'? Battlefield 3 is a serious game COD comes out every year and it dosen't have alot of changes. I'm not saying you won't have a good time with COD but if it's up to me, Battlefield 3
XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

I prefer Battlefield, I always have. I'm just way more into the strategic way of Battlefield more then the run and gun of CoD. Even though it's going to be really short I wouldn't mind playing the campaign for MW3, but as for the multiplayer I just wouldn't be into it. So it wouldn't be worth the purchase for me.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

DylanTheVillyn
..........................................lol?

Huh? whats wrong with him loving Modern Warfare?
SenorPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SenorPickle
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts

Why can't you just get both? I know I have both Battlefield: Bad Co. 2 and Black Ops and I play them both. I tend to get tired of Black Ops after a few matches (kinda repetitive), but can play BFBC2 for hours.

Also, I know this has been beaten to death, but MW3 is really the game that broke the camels back for me. I'm completely surprised that they have the balls to release a game that is EXACTLY like MW2. I'll probably end up buying it because I want to have the competition, but I'm definitely not pre-ordering it. I have a feeling that Black Ops will have full servers even after MW3 comes out. Just pop in MW2 and you'll see what I mean.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

cod 3 has been out for a long time

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
probably mw3 for me :( was hoping to go back to battlefield, but the beta was very disappointing (and worrying, 9 maps. and now i know 1 i'll never play.. so 8 maps, plus how many others are vehicle-less?.. bad choice of map dice, what were you thinking?)
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#37 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

I'm still on the fence with with this one but may be leading towards BF3 only because I'm looking for a change and want something different than COD's shooter version of Madden NFL.

ixSasquatchxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ixSasquatchxx

MW3 for me. I dont understand the argument with the whole MW3 is really MW2 2.0 or whatever. Like the Battlefields arent? The only thing that changed with Bad Co 1 and 2 was that you could add sights to the guns and a little bit more destructibility. The BF3 gameplay is the same jus a few new features to the setup. Now before you BF3 fanboys get all upset because I dont like it, remember this is my opinion and what I think are facts. If you disagree with me and like BF3 then good for u.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HilbillyRokstar

MW3 for me. I dont understand the argument with the whole MW3 is really MW2 2.0 or whatever. Like the Battlefields arent? The only thing that changed with Bad Co 1 and 2 was that you could add sights to the guns and a little bit more destructibility. The BF3 gameplay is the same jus a few new features to the setup. Now before you BF3 fanboys get all upset because I dont like it, remember this is my opinion and what I think are facts. If you disagree with me and like BF3 then good for u.

EPIC FAIL

ixSasquatchxx

Really, then where are the JETS? I missed the JETS in BC2, where were they? LOL. No Battlefield 3 is not Bad Company 3. Wrong answer, please try again.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#40 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts
[QUOTE="ixSasquatchxx"]

HilbillyRokstar
Really, then where are the JETS? I missed the JETS in BC2, where were they? LOL. No Battlefield 3 is not Bad Company 3. Wrong answer, please try again.

Haha...nice.
ixSasquatchxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ixSasquatchxx

[QUOTE="ixSasquatchxx"]

EPIC FAIL

HilbillyRokstar

I actually said same GAMEPLAY with a few new features. I do believe jets would go under that catagory. But its ok not everyone can read correctly.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="ixSasquatchxx"]

EPIC FAIL

ixSasquatchxx

I actually said same GAMEPLAY with a few new features. I do believe jets would go under that catagory. But its ok not everyone can read correctly.

Exactly, like those that can't read the difference between Battlefield 3 and Battlefield BAD COMPANY 3. And still claim it's the SAME GAME. (wrong again, wanna try for the hat trick?)

Avatar image for ClockworkZombi3
ClockworkZombi3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ClockworkZombi3

i know this has been said, but why not both? Both of them are going to be good...hopefully...*knock on wood*...:P

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Neither, I'm tired of COD, and the Beta for BF3 made me decide to wait til a price drop, if then.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HilbillyRokstar

Neither, I'm tired of COD, and the Beta for BF3 made me decide to wait til a price drop, if then.

Xeogua
Just realize the beta was more for them than us, and does not reflect the quality of the final product. (it won't play like the beta).
xsfseal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xsfseal
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

JayQproductions

how is it not? it looks/plays/feels JUST like Bad Company 2 on consoles.

I'm sorry you are completely wrong in that statement. It doesn't look exactly like BC2 for starters; play and feel are different too. The guns feel so powerful and realistic, in BC2 is was upgraded MW shooting. Running non-stop over cover and diving/sliding into a wall for cover is much different feel than any other Battlefield game I have played since 1942. This trolling is getting out of hand. Might as well say this game is racist and you dont like it for that reason because you're calling out things in the game that shouldnt even be mentioned at this point.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

[QUOTE="Xeogua"]

HilbillyRokstar

Just realize the beta was more for them than us, and does not reflect the quality of the final product. (it won't play like the beta).

I know, it wasn't really the problems with the beta, I just couldn't get into it, mainly because I'm just tired of FPS games.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#48 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="Xeogua"]

Xeogua

I know, it wasn't really the problems with the beta, I just couldn't get into it, mainly because I'm just tired of FPS games.

I will agree with the overload of shooters. But I am excited about BF3.
SenorPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SenorPickle

You can enjoy both games, but that doesn't mean you can't critisize the developers. MW3 is going to be fun, but you can't deny that this is a complete profit generator. Sequels are supposed to be similar (if the original was good), and I think alot of gaming companies are learning from the Halo3 -> Reach transition. However it's completely clear that MW3 doesn't qualify as a sequel. It's insulting how little is changing with this game and selling for the price of a sequel (heard rumors it might even be $70).

The fact is, Tryarch and Infinity Ward are using the "Madden tactic". NFL Madden games have a new iteration every year, with basically the exact same game. However, they can do this because THE GOD DAMN LEAGUE CHANGES! There is no significant factor that requires MW3 to be released other than overstaffing of the developer companies.

SenorPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SenorPickle

Xeogua

There will be no price drop. Look at Black Ops... one year later and it's only dropped $10

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Xbox-360/dp/B003JVKHEQ