Batman Arkham City My Opinion On Ending (!!!SPOILERS!!!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

First of all THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING IF YOU HAVENT BEAT THE GAME STOP HERE.

Ok so in the end Joker attacks Batman and stabs his shoulder causeing Batman to drop the only bit of Cure left for him and about 30 seconds later Joker dies on the floor. Before Joker dies Batman says "Even with all youve done I would have saved you." Now my thoughts are abit of anger and sadness. Why would they take the Joker out completly?

I know Mark Hamill is done with the Joker but still they could have made him go into a coma so he isnt dead but he isnt really in the picture anymore and then they could have gone out with the feeling of a cliff hanger that purhaps he may wake up (even though there wont be a 3rd Batman Arkham game.) Point is I think people who are fans of the Joker like myself are upset at the way he goes out.

If Joker ever goes out Batman should have aswell.

When Batman was carrying Jokers dead body out to Gordon I wish that both Batman and Joker had died and it was Robin carrying out Batmans body instead.

One can not live without the other they completed each other. It even showed batman having memories about all the times they had he will miss the Joker since they needed each other in a weird way.

Anyway those are my thoughts what do you think?

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Master_Of_Fools

Nobody?

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Of_Fools

come on people...

Zalcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zalcor
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

I don't think the game got the proper ending it deserved but I also doubt that the Joker is gone completly, there's a big possibility that he isn't actually dead I mean the whole time we thought Joker was cured it was only Clayface, so who knows what's really going on with Joker. I'll admit that if Joker is actually gone for good than I would also be saddened as he is my favorite villain as well.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

(even though there wont be a 3rd Batman Arkham game.) Point is I think people who are fans of the Joker like myself are upset at the way he goes out.Master_Of_Fools

Actually...just like Arkham Asylum had hint about Arkham City, AA seems to have clues leading up to a possible third game. If you go into the Steel Mill then into the room above where you fought the first "Mr. Hammer" you can find Harley's Arkham Asylum costume but anyway, the actual clue is if you look next to said costume you can find a positive pregnancy test.

Also in the credit you can hear Harley sing a song wher she says "mama's gonna kill for you the whole damn world"

We'll just have to wait and see.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Master_Of_Fools

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

(even though there wont be a 3rd Batman Arkham game.) Point is I think people who are fans of the Joker like myself are upset at the way he goes out.archvile_78

Actually...just like Arkham Asylum had hint about Arkham City, AA seems to have clues leading up to a possible third game. If you go into the Steel Mill then into the room above where you fought the first "Mr. Hammer" you can find Harley's Arkham Asylum costume but anyway, the actual clue is if you look next to said costume you can find a positive pregnancy test.

Also in the credit you can hear Harley sing a song wher she says "mama's gonna kill for you the whole damn world"

I know about the pregnacy thing. But I did the Credits I heard no such singing. And I said there wont be a 3rd Arkham game cause you cant have Arkham without Mark Hamill M[ark ham]ill

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

(even though there wont be a 3rd Batman Arkham game.) Point is I think people who are fans of the Joker like myself are upset at the way he goes out.Master_Of_Fools

I know about the pregnacy thing. But I did the Credits I heard no such singing. And I said there wont be a 3rd Arkham game cause you cant have Arkham without Mark Hamill M[ark ham]ill

I guess so, it will indeed feel different and lol, never noticed the arkham in is name before. As for the singing i didn't hear it myself but i saw it in a video. My guess is you gotta finish new game+ for it to happen.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#8 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
the ending was kind of dissapointing, yeah the Joker was a threat and he should not die, at least from illness, and well Ra's Al ghul had little impact in the story except for the 20 minutes he appears, he is the best batman villain and should have had more weight to the story
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

You people already finished this ?
psychos hehe ;D
No offense :)

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 archvile_78

psychos hehe ;D

Matthew-first

Its not a long game if you only do the story mode.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

(even though there wont be a 3rd Batman Arkham game.) Point is I think people who are fans of the Joker like myself are upset at the way he goes out.

plus there are a couple side missions that say "sent to the batcave for futher investigation" when u finish them, so perhaps they will be picked up in a 3rd game?
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

There will be a sequel, there are many clues leading to that conclusion. First of all the dies missions with Hush, Azrael, and remember Mr. Freeze is still alive. As well as Riddler. Not to mention Harley Quinn's baby. Regarding Arkham City's ending i thought it was well done, i never expected Clayface to be the final boss, and i finsished the game feeling satisfied.

Salt101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Salt101010
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

Yeah I don't think he should have died, I'll miss him!

Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
His death could have been done a little better. Biting the dust cause of some illness was probably the least deserving way to kill off a villain like the Joker. I hope there IS a third game, as there are still plenty of villains kicking around. The Riddler or Penguin could easily step into the Joker's role as criminal mastermind.
Avatar image for AnubisofSumeria
AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AnubisofSumeria
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
you people seem to forget that the story never answered the question on how strange new batmans identity, and batman never ASKED for that matter at the end.. i was disappointed in that... kinda made that hugo strange trailer they made a while back abit pointless
nizam0786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nizam0786
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My opinion is that Joker is not dead he is too important to get rid of and rocksteady know he is a huge selling point now why would they get rid of him..... mark hamil could be pretending to be retired to make it more believable that joker is gone. I tell you why I think joker isn't dead..... remember when batman has the flash back in the ending and joker says something like right in front of his pointy nose and says you fell for the old joker gag well yes we all did when we found out about joker being clay face but we could fall for it three times now think about clayface cannot die with a sword come on! and yes what fell on him (something to do with immortality) there is a possibility that clayface has become immortal or already was. anyway before the explosion happens batman has half of the cure. now batman is cured but soon as the explosion happens he faints or whatever for god knows how long now in that time joker could have had the cure and swap it for a fake cure and then gone and made clayface act out the finally of him dying and make it believable know this could well be another fake joker gag and joker is alive. personally I just cannot see joker dying I can see them leaving him out for the third and maybe bring him into a cliffhanger so that he will be again the main villain in the fourth. I hope so he is dead please comment..... what you think about my opinion? thanks
nizam0786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nizam0786
I mean I hope he isn't dead.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I love Joker, he's my favorite comic book character of all time. Not just favorite Batman character, or Marvel or DC, favorite period. That being said...

1. I wouldn't miss him in a third game. I think the game is handled really well, and the side missions set up PLENTY of opportunities for a sequel, the most obvious in my opinion being the story line involving Azrael.

2. I don't think Joker is dead. He sings in the credits, and depending on when you think that occurs, he may be alive.

3. Hamill will come back if given the opportunity. He already said he would voice Joker again for an adaptation of The Killing Joke and the Rocksteady devs said that they felt that Hamill would voice again, and that his statement was blown way out of proportion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Finished it last night. I was sorely upset that the Joker was apparently killed- as the arkham games are clearly an extension of The Animated Series(with some elements from each of the movies), it was different than say, Batman the motion picture where the Joker was created and destroyed all in two hours. I've watched Batman go 'round and round with the Joker for years. To see Batman still standing and the Joker dead... I think the moment he laid the body on the cop car killed the enjoyment I got from the game. On to the conspiracy theories: in the "fake joker gag" flashback, the Joker is seen putting on makeup and Harley telling him he looks perfect. If it were Hagen he wouldn't need makeup- he's Clayface. If it were the Joker, why would he need to make himself up to look sick? He supposed to be dying for real, right? Am I the only one who was hoping for the ability to free roam with the alternate characters after finishing the game? At least I got the ability to select my Batman costume...
nizam0786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nizam0786
you have been mistaken...... that is the real joker wearing make up and clay face is in front of him it is not a mirror it is both of them together clayface is the one who looks cured and joker is the ill one. even at the beginning when you got to jokers room the real joker is on the actual chair that is him and clayface puts batman to sleep however when batman wakes up the real joker is talking to him if you play through it again you will understand. but I still think joker is alive.. I was playing through it today and somewhere near the museum no joke I heard one of penguins or jokers men say that he is still alive it is just a trick...... honestly if anyone else has please say so I will try to find exactly where. read my previous comment to know why I believe he is still alive.
nizam0786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nizam0786
You will be able to play with additional characters I think there is seven or six more batman costumes 3 robin costumes 3 catwomen and 2 night wing costumes that is a lot of characters check on youtube and I am sure there will be additional story missions or side missions.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
You will be able to play with additional characters I think there is seven or six more batman costumes 3 robin costumes 3 catwomen and 2 night wing costumes that is a lot of characters check on youtube and I am sure there will be additional story missions or side missions.nizam0786
Yeah, but aside from the Catwoman segments, you don't play as anyone except Batman in the open world. Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing are only available for the challenge modes.
Avatar image for deactivated-59aca989c9399
deactivated-59aca989c9399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#23 deactivated-59aca989c9399
Member since 2011 • 458 Posts

I think the Joker is dead but its almost guarenteed that he will return because he is the joker after all. Either Hamill will come back (after a hiatus because he has been playing Joker for a long time) or they will replace him and use the game to explain why the Joker sounds different. Personally, I am glad the Joker is dead. This allows another of the numerous Batman villians to stand up and take over as the lead villian. This allows the game to expand and not be 100% focused on the Joker all the time.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I was shocked Joker died yet I agree with 69ingChimpmunks...I'd like to see other villains step up instead of Joker all the time. Aside from all that I'd like to see Rocksteady do a Superman game or a Watchmen game.
MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

I thought it was a good ending but there is still the possibility that he is still alive. He licked up a little of the cure from the floor so he might actually be on the verge of death with little signs of life. This is just my crazy little theory.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 El_Zo1212o
Not to derail the endgame analysis here, but I was hoping someone could help me out here- A quick synopsis: Batman stomps Freeze, Harley steals the cure, Vicki Vale needs rescuing. Hatter appears. Much later, Batman gets a call from Alfred saying the cure's been synthesized. Batman takes the cure that has presumably been delivered via the Batplane. Batman regains consciousness at the table with the Mad Hatter(coolest scene EVER, by the bye). I got the whole "hypnosis" angle, but what I was really wondering about is that the Hatter only appeared the once before I found myself duped. Was there more than the single mission marker for the Hatter's side mission? Did I do some other mission toward his quest without realizing it?
Dippyisamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dippyisamazing
this hints a third game http://youtu.be/8WLPrl9-Uq4
JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

psychos hehe ;D

Matthew-first

The game is really really short..

Avatar image for thedarknight676
thedarknight676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedarknight676
does anybody know if talia al ghul is dead or just shot
Matt_RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Matt_RT
This doesn't nessicarily mean that the joker is dead; Lazarus pits, remember! This always gives them room to do something with the joker if hamill changes his mind: he said he didn't want to work on arkham city but changed his mind
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

there is some singleplayer DLC coming soon and hopefully anwsers all are questions

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I'm with OP here, did's like one bit the idea of Joker dying, still the ending was amazing and chills runned through my spine while watching it :)

iochoa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iochoa2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Men your are not alone, as a Batman Fan, I cann't believe the quantities of dead character that leave the ending. We know that and in the next sequel there is going to be a new joker (no matter what), a new gigantic menace, but we know that Batman without Joker is not a batman, even if the joker is not in the main plot, he always made is way to annoying Batman is fantastic. And how they manage to kill Thalia, what a about her legion of assassins, I understand that she want to end Jokers in behalf of his lover, and she let be capture by the Joker, but died in that way.

I hope they knew how to do damage control in what they create.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

It's the Joker, he's not dead and isn't sick anymore. If you ask me that was his plan all along, at the end Batman himself carried the joker out of Arkham City therfore he escaped Arkham City, and it fits the joker to trick Batman into helping him escape. If they make a third game It will start with joker in the back of an ambulance covered by a white sheet on his way to the morgue then he'll sit up, take out the driver and start chaos in Gotham City. Plus Harley Quinn is pregnant with the Joker's kid and there is just to much potential for a good story with Joker teaching him how to take down the Bats.

Plus if you remember the ending, Clayface fell into the lazerus pit so i think he will be a big part of the third game if there is one.

But who knows, from what I heard Rocksteady's next game will be an open world take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based more on the comics than the cartoons, so none of that skatboarding, pizza, surfer talk crap.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts
Since you mentioned it, I never realized he was dead. I assumed he slipped into a coma. ---*SPOILER ALERT regarding the movie "Limitless*--- Because the final scene reminded me so much of the scene from that movie, where both of them (Joker/Edward Mora) licks off the floor (or blood) to obtain whatever is left of the drug. So, maybe, just maybe, Joker is still alive.
CarnageV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CarnageV1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

It's the Joker, he's not dead and isn't sick anymore. If you ask me that was his plan all along, at the end Batman himself carried the joker out of Arkham City therfore he escaped Arkham City, and it fits the joker to trick Batman into helping him escape. If they make a third game It will start with joker in the back of an ambulance covered by a white sheet on his way to the morgue then he'll sit up, take out the driver and start chaos in Gotham City. Plus Harley Quinn is pregnant with the Joker's kid and there is just to much potential for a good story with Joker teaching him how to take down the Bats.

Plus if you remember the ending, Clayface fell into the lazerus pit so i think he will be a big part of the third game if there is one.

But who knows, from what I heard Rocksteady's next game will be an open world take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based more on the comics than the cartoons, so none of that skatboarding, pizza, surfer talk crap.

JayQproductions
Yeah, there's absolutely no way they're going to kill the Joker off from the entire Batman story via the second entry into its video game series.. it's just not going to happen that way. If they ever legitimately killed him off, they'd do it either in a movie or the comics. As JayQ said, it was probably his plan all along just to get out of Arkham, and the way he described it would be an absolutely PERFECT way to set up the next game, and have it be within Gotham itself, which is exactly what everyone wants. I'm calling it now that JayQ's prediction is spot-on. If nothing else, he'll make an appearance towards the end of the next game and explain how he lived.
bikarezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bikarezza
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

As a long time Batman (and whole DC Universe) fan I've read these comments and find some obvious errors from people who are obviously only familiar with the games, animated series and films, and who haven't even picked up a Batman comic. Don't get me wrong, the games, tv series and films are all excellent but don't cover the full depth of the batman world. I admit the game's treatment of Strange was a bit lax to say the least, I feel they assumed everyone playing already knew the backstory between Batman and Strange, but it would have been difficult to fit more into the game. A lot of the game makes these types of assumptions. Nevertheless, the main topic...Joker...is he or isn't he? Simplest answer....of course not! No way! Not ever! He isn't dead. I don't claim to know ha rocksteady have planned (or whether Hamill will return or not, he will be sorely missed if he doesn't!), but putting the story aside, everyone seems to have forgotten one thing...the games are DC licensed! That means that continuty has to be kept within the franchise. DC are not going to allow one of their bigget assets be killed off (You may argue the film versions....but they have different licenses that allow artistc change..something, after speaking to a friend who works for DC, the games to not posess). In other words what happens in the games has a direct knock on effect to the comic universe and vice versa....this is the deal Rocksteady has with DC. There are many other great villains out there, and I agree we shoud see more of them playing bigger parts, but the Joker has and always be a huge selling point to any Batman franchise, and anyone would have to be loopy to get rid of that.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 El_Zo1212o

As a long time Batman (and whole DC Universe) fan I've read these comments and find some obvious errors from people who are obviously only familiar with the games, animated series and films, and who haven't even picked up a Batman comic. Don't get me wrong, the games, tv series and films are all excellent but don't cover the full depth of the batman world. I admit the game's treatment of Strange was a bit lax to say the least, I feel they assumed everyone playing already knew the backstory between Batman and Strange, but it would have been difficult to fit more into the game. A lot of the game makes these types of assumptions. Nevertheless, the main topic...Joker...is he or isn't he? Simplest answer....of course not! No way! Not ever! He isn't dead. I don't claim to know ha rocksteady have planned (or whether Hamill will return or not, he will be sorely missed if he doesn't!), but putting the story aside, everyone seems to have forgotten one thing...the games are DC licensed! That means that continuty has to be kept within the franchise. DC are not going to allow one of their bigget assets be killed off (You may argue the film versions....but they have different licenses that allow artistc change..something, after speaking to a friend who works for DC, the games to not posess). In other words what happens in the games has a direct knock on effect to the comic universe and vice versa....this is the deal Rocksteady has with DC. There are many other great villains out there, and I agree we shoud see more of them playing bigger parts, but the Joker has and always be a huge selling point to any Batman franchise, and anyone would have to be loopy to get rid of that.

bikarezza
You forget that licensed works have a long history of doing away with the badguys- Jack as Joker in the first Batman movie, Penguin in Batman Returns, Doc Ock in Spiderman 2, Two Face in the Dark Knight- and that's only the movies. Never underestimate the game maker/director's willingness to paint themselves into corners. I expected to see a third Batman game(I was betting on it being Batman: Gotham City), right up until the end of AC. Now that this rumor is making the rounds about a new Rocksteady TMNT game, I think the Arkham games ought to be put to rest. And to the guy badmouthing the skateboard/pizza ninja turtles, remember this: the comics never really caught on- every scrap of Ninja Turtles exposure(4 movies, 2 Cartoon series, and more than a dozen games) has been taken from the original cartoons. Therefore, one might go so far as to say that the real source material is the pizza/skateboard/surferlingo incarnation rather than the darker comics from which they were conceived. 'Sides, all the info I've read has said that while the tone will be less kid friendly, the humor will still be present.
aspasiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 aspasiz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Guys I just got the greatest prediction EVVEER !! So Talia is dead and Batman gives in to his emotions and revives Talia in the Lazarus pit. BUT THEN The same happens to her that happened to her father and she becomes the greatest villain of all. ALL because of Batman. What do you think