madeinbrazil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madeinbrazil123
Member since 2014 • 148 Posts

Hi guys, i've just found out that there are a LOT of games from the original xbox that are playable on the xbox 360.The list includes some of my ps2 favourites(looking at you nfl 2k5), and I am very interested in buying the original xbox discs so I can play them in my 360. But before I do so, how exactly does it work?Do you need to download something like the x360-xone compatibility or you just insert the disc and play?Also, does split-screen still works? I know I'm talking about some really old games, but I'm sure that somebody will be able to answer me.

Thanks in advance!

JAANET123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 JAANET123
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

feel the real on xbox

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

Just pop the disc in and it plays. The backwards compatible capability is already installed with the latest XB1 firmware.

kammem2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kammem2
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

i would recommend to use xbox game pass, but anyways you can try

braykbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 braykbeat
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

You do however have to install any games on the xbox one regardless of weather or not they're on disc to play.

phillycheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 phillycheese
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

All you need to do is put in the xbox 360 game disk and it will install. If you originally installed the game on your 360 digitally, the game should already be on your microsoft account and the game can be found in "games and apps" in the Xbox One dashboard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@madeinbrazil123: Here is a list of every XBOX game that works on XBox 360. I actually never owned any XBOX discs when I owned a 360, but I did have quite a few XBOX Originals downloadable titles on my 360 back in the day. Anyway, I don't really know if any games will need an update. It does say something about certain games working only on widescreen or standard, and some games that don't work on older outputs suddenly working on 720p, 1080p, or better outputs. I doubt you would run into that with most games, but it's something to keep in mind.

Actually.... Now that I think about it, I had the Burger King games.... I think they were XBOX 360 games that worked on XBOX and 360 right? They worked just like any other game.

Last thing I'll mention is that, according to this page, the following XBOX games will work on an XBox One:

Black-----Bloodrayne 2-----Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge-----Dead to Rights-----Fuzion Frenzy-----Grabbed by the Ghoulies-----The King of Fighters Neowave-----Ninja Gaiden Black-----Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time-----Psychonauts-----Red Faction 2-----Sid Meier's Pirates!-----Star Wars KOTOR

rtehrani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11 rtehrani
Member since 2003 • 1485 Posts

You HAVE to have an official Xbox hard drive in ur 360. If u bought a cheap aftermarket one off eBay, like me, and even though the casing for the hard drive had "Xbox" on it the drive inside was not official. I went without for a few years because the official ones were outrageous priced. However, about a year ago I got an official 500gb on the MS store for $30 and I was back to bc heaven. I, too, am a huge 2k5 fan. Oh, how I missed it.