Background Downloads?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SLYRIV (331 posts) -

Does anyone enable the background downloads to continue downloading stuff after you turned your console off like before you go to bed but you want to finish downloading a movie or demo for the next day or whatever? i guess your console is still actually running but is in sleep mode like a computer does. and does it shut off automatically when the downloads are finished? thanks for any info, something i just noticed.

#2 Posted by gatsbythepig (10811 posts) -
I found that mine does not turn off after six hours. Which, I believe is a default setting on the 360, so be careful. I don't DL overnight.
#3 Posted by gatsbythepig (10811 posts) -
If you mean do I turn it off, then turn it on the next day to resume DLing , then yes, that is fine and I do it all the time.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
#4 Posted by Keitarourashima (1422 posts) -
Wow, never even thought about this. I just leave mine running if it's a huge download, it usually never take longer than an hour but my 360 at least DOES turn itself off after 6 hours.
#5 Posted by jdukes247 (796 posts) -

Does anyone enable the background downloads to continue downloading stuff after you turned your console off like before you go to bed but you want to finish downloading a movie or demo for the next day or whatever? i guess your console is still actually running but is in sleep mode like a computer does. and does it shut off automatically when the downloads are finished? thanks for any info, something i just noticed.

SLYRIV
i do it all the time it shuts off after all of your active downloads are complete or 6 hours have passed
Avatar image for cookendorfernic
#6 Posted by cookendorfernic (311 posts) -

SLYRIV

If you have background downloads enabled, after you turn your console off, it will continue downloading. You probably don't want to leave your console on just for downloading content. While you're Xbox 360 is on live, and you have Auto-Downloads or say you have queued a couple of downloads. If you turn off your console like normal, it will continue to download in a low-power state.

#7 Posted by spue (473 posts) -
i use practilly every time i download somthing it seems to faster
#8 Posted by CanOfWhoopAss (231 posts) -
I use it all the time when i download. It does go into a standby/sleep mode. When u turn the console off while downloading, u will see the ring flash green every 30 seconds or so. Dont be surprised if your 360 makes some noises sometimes even though its technically off. And if u have a "plug n play", it will continue to charge ur controller as well. And it does shut off once its finished downloading. Considering it takes me up to 3 hours for some DL's, this feature is a huge plus!!!
#9 Posted by SLYRIV (331 posts) -
cool thanks. i just wasnt sure if it was good for the system to just leave it on like that if your not playing anything