Are you buying Titanfall?If yes,what version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

Poll Are you buying Titanfall?If yes,what version? (65 votes)

Yes.Xbox 360 version. 2%
No.No version. 9%
Yes,the digital version.Xbox One 20%
Yes,the CD version.Xbox One 52%
Yes,I'm buying the PC version 8%
Hell No,I'm sticking with my PS4 and/or PC. 9%

Myself I'm getting the digital version.Can't wait till March 11th.

• 
Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Yep! Day 1 Digital purchase for me all the way!

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Yes and digital version. Always digital.

akamclovin89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 akamclovin89
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

what the difference? do you get digital version early?

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Digital Xbox One. The difference is not having to use an ancient form of media (bluray disc). Physical media is dead.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I had planned on getting this one digitally.

But upon reflection, I decided it would be better to get it on disc. I don't really play a lot of multiplayer shooters. Titanfall is an exception. So I fully expect to adore the game for about 3 weeks, at which time my interest will likely fade. And since it's multiplayer only, there's no point keeping it around after I'm done with it. So I'll likely trade it in early enough to get some decent store credit out of it.

I normally never trade in games. But again, this one is an odd duck. Of course who knows, it may end up keeping my interest for months to come. But history would suggest otherwise. Still, looking forward to it regardless. I'll be playing it on day one. :)

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

disc only.... ever. because digital is the man's way of controlling us.

digital is dead on consoles. just look at the backlash MS got with the xbox one. people want control over the things that they purchase. digital removes that control. if you want to be all digital, but a PC.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Still debating on getting it or not. People tell me they loved it, but I never took the time to try out the beta. I'll wait for reviews and perhaps a mini sale before getting it. I have other games higher on my priority list right now anyway.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

Im going with the physical copy instead of digital.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

1. You shouldn't have put the PC and PS4 together.

2. I was thinking about getting the Titanfall/Xbox One Bundle.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm going with the physical copy. In the remote possibility that Titanfall flops, if you have the digital copy, you're out $60 while MS and Respawn laugh all the way to the bank.

wallacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 wallacom
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

physical cause then I can sell it like I did with Ghosts.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No not getting it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

My PC is more powerful than the Xbox One, but I don't like my past experiences I've had with Origin. Like in BF3 you couldn't chat unless people were on your friends list. Plus, there were controller problems with BF3 (I prefer controllers to M/KB). I am getting it on Xbox One just because I'm sure the dedicated servers won't lead to a repeat of the BF4 problems (a game I didn't buy due to all the troubles it had), the Skype chat was crystal clear, and I really like the Xbox One controller. I tried the Xbox One version of the beta, and was really impressed... I know it would look better on my PC, but it's not worth it if the aforementioned concerns have problems. I haven't figured out how to preorder the digital version on Xbox One yet, though.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

xbox one baby!

$10 pre order bonus + $12 off for being a best buy unlock member = damn right i am getting the physical copy!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Still debating on getting it or not. People tell me they loved it, but I never took the time to try out the beta. I'll wait for reviews and perhaps a mini sale before getting it. I have other games higher on my priority list right now anyway.

shame on you for not trying that beautiful beta!

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

Going to get the Digital copy for Xb1. I'm tired of getting up to switch games. This isn't the 90's anymore.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I find it funny how lazy some people can be these days. In all honesty how hard is it to get up for a few seconds to change a disc over (free way to exercise...kinda lol). I'm going for the physical copy (always do) I love having a collection of games.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

"CD" version :-)

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#19 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I'll get the CD since I have a few hundred credit at a local shop from trading in a bunch of old N64 and PS1 stuff.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

XB1 digital most likely. I have a high end PC hooked up to the same tv and it works great, BUT.... Giving up the desk for the couch pretty much means giving up the keyboard mouse for gaming and moving to a controller. In MP games if everyone's using a controller no problem. But if everyone else is mouse/kb and you're the one guy on a controller... You might as well name yourself RespawningPlzWt....

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

I prefer hard copies of my entertainment, be it video games, music, or movies, so I'll be buying the disc version. However, Im not quite sure when Im getting it. The beta was a bit of a letdown, but I only got to play a few matches (Full time job and a 2 year old, lol) but who knows, I might change my mind after its released and I start seeing what people think of the full game. I get paid 3 days after it comes out so I should have enough time to make up my mind, lol

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sukraj

@k2theswiss said:

xbox one baby!

$10 pre order bonus + $12 off for being a best buy unlock member = damn right i am getting the physical copy!

I hope u enjoy the game.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

I'm buying it for the Xbox One; while this was going to be a digital download for me, I may pre-order it from the Microsoft store because they are offering a $10 Xbox card with your purchase.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

just ordered the pre order titanfall bundle . kinda wanted the disc but i guess since we have to install the game data anyways its not that big of a deal to get the digital i guess

psone4xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 psone4xbox
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

@monson21502:

I was planning on picking up an xbox one anyway so I guess getting the game is a bonus. I still like physical media though.

Although Walmart is having a bundle with one select game for same price...hmmm

How long is it gonna take to download titanfall on a 30/5 cable speed?

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

UPDATE 3/11: Upon further evaluation, despite not being much of a multiplayer gamer at all, I think the game looks fun enough to warrant giving it a shot.

With each new console generation, I always try to broaden my horizons a bit and try a game or modes that I didn't often play before. Titanfall will be the first game of this cycle that I try that with.

I will pick up Titanfall this morning on disc so that, just in case I can't get into it, I can sell it to recoup most of my money. Should I really get into it, I'll still sell it (unless I love it I"ll keep it for collection purposes) and buy the digital version.

See you all on Titanfall!

ORIGINAL POST: As I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer, Titanfall is not on my radar.

Shame, too, because I think the game looks pretty cool.

If only it had a single player campaign...

Oh, as for the poll, were I to buy Titanfall, I would buy the digital version, like I do all of my games nowadays.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I was going to get the Titanfall One bundle, but only 1 person on my friends list has the One and he is getting it on the 360 due to all his friends getting it on the 360. So I think I've decided to get this for the 360 though I definitely would prefer the One version. I don't think it would be worth it to get the one and this game and the 360 version too.

epicmerker94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By epicmerker94
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Physical copy as i'll prob sell it once im finished with it.

You say your ps4 is so amazing? Then why when I type "regret bu" on google ps4 is the first choice?

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Getting it on disc for the Xbox One! It should be awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
deactivated-600fd0017f1ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 deactivated-600fd0017f1ba
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

XB1 disc version!

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

The Xbox One version is a blu ray not a cd or dvd. Unless there is a joke here that I am not getting.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I'm having a difficult time deciding. I have an xbox one, but all of my friends still have xbox 360's. I have to choose between playing the game early with better graphics and play with random people...or get the lesser version later, but I get to play with people I know. I've always enjoyed playing with people I know more than playing with random people.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Digital. I am done with trading in games. I figure this is a safe bet and the multiplayer will last forever.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#34 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

@Videodogg: Smart man,my choice as well.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I ended up getting the digital Xbox One version. I had 33 dollars in Microsoft currency, so that factored into my decision greatly. I usually buy the physical version, but over half off the game is too good to pass up. And most of that currency was unpaid for by buying Live subscriptions and such.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sukraj

@I-AM-N00B said:

Getting it on disc for the Xbox One! It should be awesome!

hope u enjoy the game imo.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BattleSpectre

@sukraj:

May I ask why you aren't getting the game? I thought you would of been all over it, I mean sure it doesn't have a SP campaign, but aren't you going to at least give it a chance?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj:

May I ask why you aren't getting the game? I thought you would of been all over it, I mean sure it doesn't have a SP campaign, but aren't you going to at least give it a chance?

No I'm not really a Multiplayer gamer i prefer SP games but that doesn't mean I don't like the game I mean I bet the game is real sweet but its just not for me bro.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BattleSpectre
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj:

No I'm not really a Multiplayer gamer i prefer SP games but that doesn't mean I don't like the game I mean I bet the game is real sweet but its just not for me bro.

To be honest I am exactly the same. I don't like playing online and usually just stick to single player games (besides I'm horrible online). But after following Titanfall for a while, I well believe it deserves a chance from me, and hey it looks fun as hell. I hope it's the game that gets me back into the multiplayer scene. Anyways happy gaming, bro.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj:

To be honest I am exactly the same. I don't like playing online and usually just stick to single player games (besides I'm horrible online). But after following Titanfall for a while, I well believe it deserves a chance from me, and hey it looks fun as hell. I hope it's the game that gets me back into the multiplayer scene. Anyways happy gaming, bro.

What games are you playing at the moment.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BattleSpectre
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj:

Not much to be honest, I finished Dead Rising 3 a while back yet I didn't enjoy it, so I traded it in for Forza 5 and I've been playing a bit of that. I've also been playing some Killer Instinct and Fifa 14 too. I haven't had a chance to pick up Titanfall yet, but will be in the next coming of days so that should keep me busy.

On my PS4 I've been playing some Outlast, it's pretty darn scary and playing it at night with headphones is brutal. In my opinion it's been a slow start so far for the next-generation, but I guess you get that with launches. How about you man, what have you been playing?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj:

Not much to be honest, I finished Dead Rising 3 a while back yet I didn't enjoy it, so I traded it in for Forza 5 and I've been playing a bit of that. I've also been playing some Killer Instinct and Fifa 14 too. I haven't had a chance to pick up Titanfall yet, but will be in the next coming of days so that should keep me busy.

On my PS4 I've been playing some Outlast, it's pretty darn scary and playing it at night with headphones is brutal. In my opinion it's been a slow start so far for the next-generation, but I guess you get that with launches. How about you man, what have you been playing?

sorry u didn't enjoy dead rising 3 I'm actually enjoying the game I love killing zombies bro and I'm also playing battlefield 4 and tomb raider , fifa 14. I wish I could afford to buy a PS4 i'll wait until there's a price drop.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

I planned on getting the PC version, but I need to fix my computer, so I'm just playing the XB1 version for now...

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I'll probably cave and buy it but right now I'm thinking of waiting until it gets discounted.