Are you a Halo Fanboy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I want an idea of what the cold, hard numbers on the board are.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I can say it's the best without being a fanboy.  It's the most memorable awesome gaming experience I've ever had, heck I still play halo 2 and I play the halo 3 beta.  a fan boy is someone who might say "HALO IS THE BEST, EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!  NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE WRONG HALO IS BETTER THAN YOUR MOTHER"
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
yes,but im not the type of halo fanboy that calls it the best game ever.
butkis689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 butkis689
Member since 2003 • 1955 Posts
nothing's the best IMO. there are just too many super franchises out there. halo, mario, zelda, GTA, they are all so good. no one is the best, but I like halo the most. So, "I love it". the books are good too (except the flood)
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Staryoshi87

@ag1002 It being your favorite franchise qualifies you as a fanboy in my book. Don't give the word "fanboy" a negative connotation =P

MVfalcons83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 MVfalcons83
Member since 2007 • 3515 Posts
whoever said it sucks has bad taste in video games
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

no,i never played halo.

i might be a halo fanboy after halo 3 :P

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Staryoshi87

whoever said it sucks has bad taste in video gamesMVfalcons83

Likes and dislikes are relative. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts

@ag1002 It being your favorite franchise qualifies you as a fanboy in my book. Don't give the word "fanboy" a negative connotation =P

Staryoshi87

hm.  so like calling someone a noob and a newb.  I always thought fanboy as an insult, I'm just a fan.  It's the best in my book.
asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts
Nah - didn't really played the previous 2 version. But will definitely give Halo3 a go.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Staryoshi87
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

ag1002

hm.  so like calling someone a noob and a newb.  I always thought fanboy as an insult, I'm just a fan.  It's the best in my book.

Tomato tomato ;) You'll always be a fanboy in my book =P I'd like to make a proclimation... fanboy is not an insult in this thread...

q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

ag1002

hm. so like calling someone a noob and a newb. I always thought fanboy as an insult, I'm just a fan. It's the best in my book.

Your just a fan not a fanboy. 

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
I love the Halo franchise but I am not oblivious to other great shooters such as Half-Life or Counter Strike. Usually the term fanboy refers to people who refuse to see the positives in other games that may conflict with their favourite and they will not admit that their favourite may not be perfect.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
i really like the original Halo thats my favorite one out of the series. but im not a fanboy i dont think its the most amazing franshise  though.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I had never played the Halo CE or Halo 2 single player campaigns. Just a little Halo 2 on Xbox Live, which was probably the most fun I've had with an FPS since Goldeneye. I'm finally getting around to playing Halo CE and I'm liking it a great deal so far... it's a first-person shooter without pretense. They don't pile on all sorts of lame gadgets like PDZ did or they don't overcomplicate it like Rainbow Six does (not that Rainbow Six is bad, but it's not in the same vein as the old Doom and Quake games I grew up loving).

I voted I like it, but from what I'm seeing here, I might be able to be swayed towards the "lovin' it" camp. I'm starting to see what people love about this game... it's just a no BS shooter that gets nearly everything right that it can. Not innovative, per se, just really solid. And not enough games this solid come out anymore. Kudos to Bungie on this one. 

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
I want an idea of what the cold, hard numbers on the board are.Staryoshi87
You always on forums bud jesus game on and let the forums be forums.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Staryoshi87

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]I want an idea of what the cold, hard numbers on the board are.OoSuperMarioO
You always on forums bud jesus game on and let the forums be forums.

Well, I had enough time to make it to English class ;) Jk... but don't tell me what to do with my time, I can geek it up all I want.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I love it, I'm not obsessed with it or anything but I still really like it.
hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
When i use the term fanboy, i think of someone who even if halo 3 came out and totally blew chunks, (no im not saying that it will, im sure it will be a great game), still said it was one of the best games ever.  yeah, it could be they really believe that, or u we have a fanboy.
IronManPP6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IronManPP6
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
I do consider myself a big fan (loved the books, can't wit for contact harvest) but i do like other games. But yeah, im a fan boy i guess
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
Not really I have both Halo and Halo 2 and they are good games, I'll add Halo 3 to my collection but not very likey to get one the special editions of Halo 3. 
beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#22 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts
Yes, I am a Halo fanboy and proud of it.  It is the single game that brought me back to gaming.  My roommate had an Xbox and Halo.  After working through the co-op campaign with him, I become undeniably hooked on gaming, and it was all thanks to the Halo franchise.
Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

i love it.

primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 primehunter326
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts

I had never played the Halo CE or Halo 2 single player campaigns. Just a little Halo 2 on Xbox Live, which was probably the most fun I've had with an FPS since Goldeneye. I'm finally getting around to playing Halo CE and I'm liking it a great deal so far... it's a first-person shooter without pretense. They don't pile on all sorts of lame gadgets like PDZ did or they don't overcomplicate it like Rainbow Six does (not that Rainbow Six is bad, but it's not in the same vein as the old Doom and Quake games I grew up loving).

I voted I like it, but from what I'm seeing here, I might be able to be swayed towards the "lovin' it" camp. I'm starting to see what people love about this game... it's just a no BS shooter that gets nearly everything right that it can. Not innovative, per se, just really solid. And not enough games this solid come out anymore. Kudos to Bungie on this one.

Generic_Dude

Same here, I voted for "like it" because I haven't really spent enough time with the games to grow to love Halo.  I got Halo CE for the PC last summer because I didn't have an Xbox at the time.  This was the first real first person shooter I'd ever played where it was all about running and gunning.  I did find the levels to get a little dull after a while (though this was worse with Halo 2) and the game's less than ideal preformance on my machine also had a negative impact on my overall impressions.  I also read the novels and enjoyed them, they provide a good backstory to the Halo universe and are well written for the most part.  I got Halo 2 with my 360 last Christmas and I didn't enjoy the campaign as much though I haven't played through all of it yet.  I don't like playing as the Arbiter and the levels just don't seem like they weren't designed as well as in Halo CE despite the second half of that game being the polar opposite of the first half.  I haven't played multiplayer on Halo 2 because it's boken for some reason (see the link in my sig).  Overall I like the first game better just because it seems to have a much more distinct feel to it whereas Halo 2 feels a little more generic as if it wasn't everything it could have been.  Either way I can't wait till Halo 3 because that game will hopefully take the best things from both of the previosu games to make the best one of all.

Oh and the reason Halo is so good isn't that it bings new things to the genre of FPS (well the first one did) it's good because it does everything almost perfectly and the devs have only improved on the existing formula unstead of introducing new gameplay mechanics that screw everything up. 

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I like the game, online for H2 was amazing but I wouldn't call myself a fanboy.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
There are definitely better games out there
folger1up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 folger1up
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts
I think that it's the best FPS I've ever played, as a series.  I think most people would agree that it's also the best multiplayer online shooter ever made (until Halo 3 raises the bar, hopefully).  I bought an Xbox for it back in winter 2004 and have never regretted it.  I got Xbox live for it a few months later, and here we are three years later still playing it (at least I am, anyway).
rlune52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rlune52
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

nothing's the best IMO. there are just too many super franchises out there. halo, mario, zelda, GTA, they are all so good. no one is the best, but I like halo the most. So, "I love it". the books are good too (except the flood)butkis689

the flood was definatlely decent, considering that the writer had to make it sort of different from the game 

and i cant possibly think of any game that i have played more of 

pheonix8465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 pheonix8465
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
eh...its  good game and one of the better fps's put there but i think its just running on the fame tht the first one gave it....not to say its bad bad it overshadows ther great fps's (UE3) becuz i have yet to see a thread with as much talk (beside GOW) tht was about fps's but its still a good game
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Staryoshi87

Actually being a fanboy is a bad thing. They are people who think something is perfect and hates anyone who disagrees even the slightest. I love the Halo franchise but it isn't perfect and if someone doesn't like it thats fine with me.

striker131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 striker131
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
they are the few games I am compelled to actually finish
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
i'm more of a whore than a fanboy, because i do love halo, but i do know that it has it's problems and i can accept that. but fanboys don't seem to be capable of that kind of logic.....
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
With 69 votes, the board is split down the middle. Interesting, that is, if I liked Halo at all.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
Yes, I am a Halo fanboy and proud of it.  It is the single game that brought me back to gaming.  My roommate had an Xbox and Halo.  After working through the co-op campaign with him, I become undeniably hooked on gaming, and it was all thanks to the Halo franchise.beutlich99
same here. I was never really into gaming until I started playing halo with my friends. We'd play splitscreen for hours everyday. Then we moved on to system link, and now I have xbox live :D
thegreat_one3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thegreat_one3
Member since 2004 • 623 Posts
to me this game compared to all the other shooters did not stand out...the single player for 1 was probably the best thing imo of halo..and then halo 2 id lean to multi play..so now for halo 3 i think they will get them both right..more game modes..more weapons,and unlocks with ranks would make this game one of the best imo..
Midnight_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Midnight_Ice
Member since 2006 • 1581 Posts
No.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#37 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I'm definitely not a fanboy, but I do like it very much and I do think CE was the most revolutionary FPS to come out on pretty much any console (I'm sure PDZ and Goldeneye fanboys will disagree, but that's life).
atarichamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 atarichamp
Member since 2002 • 28 Posts
I loved Halo 1, one of the greast games of all time.  Halo 2 single player was dissapointing (I only played through it once on co-op, never felt the need to beat again by myself).  Halo 2 multi player was fun only for a couple months.  I'm hoping Halo 3 has a better single player than 2.   
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
i like it.  i might have been more hardcore with the game if i had friends that also played Halo 1 and if i had XBL when Halo 2 came out (only got XBL after i got my X360.
rulo_rezn0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 rulo_rezn0r
Member since 2006 • 1351 Posts

well, i like the HALO: CE campaign, its fun, but sometimes repetitive, i played it on 360 btw

then the PC version has online multiplayer, and i think its pretty fun, really really fun

i have never tried halo 2 on live, i will shortly, and i guess its goin to be a lot of fun

and Halo 3, wow, we'll see soon, im not plannin getting the beta, but i hope its pretty good when its released this september

meanwhile im goin to play halo 2 as crazy