Are they going to fix resident evil 5?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DryBomber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 DryBomber5
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Okay, well I played the resident evil 5 demo and I'm sure we all can agree that the controls of resident evil 5 aren't as good as we thought they were.To me, in my opnion there generally the same as resident evil 4, except the camera view can be annoying at times. Also whats with aiming, why is the speed of the red laser to slow to aim with? If your going to say it's the same as resident evil 4's aiming system, well either its slow or its SOMETHING else because it feels weird to me... Also, when your trying to turn Chris's body right/left, you have to use the bottom right anaolog stick or something? It's hard to explain, but I think we all know what the problems are with the controls and I really hope they fix them because I honestly am having a hard time playing this game.

NOW - Some of you may disagree with me, if you do. Please tell me why you disagree with the controls being bad. What I mean is tell me if I'm wrong about them, like are the controls suppose to be like this? Are the controls just bad, or is it just me thinking there suppose to be EXACTLY like resident evil 4s when there not? Is it just hard to get use to?

QUESTION - Is capcom going to fix resident evil 5's controls?

If you don't know, do you THINK they will?

Well post your thoughts and somebody please answer that question, because I really hope they do.

Note, everything else about resident evil 5 seems great so far, the graphics are excellent, and the story looks really good from the 5 minute+ trailer they showed!

KUHawksFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KUHawksFan
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can change them to RE4's controls in the options..
DryBomber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 DryBomber5
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
Okay, but what about the camera view and the other things? It's not just about the controls, theres other things wrong. There just hard to explain...
progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
Whether or not you believe that the controls are broken depends on what you expect. If you're expecting the game to have evolved and enhanced the controls a bit, you'll be disappointed. If you believe that controls shouldn't hinder the game play, but rather compliment the players actions, you'll be disappointed. If you liked RE 4 controls and are a series fan and believe that the control limitations actually enhance the gameplay, you'll like it. Personally I will not be buying this game because I can't stand a game that won't let me shoot while I'm moving. No, not a fan of the series. I figured this out when I pre-ordered RE:4 and had to trade it in the next due to the crap (IMO) controls. And no, they won't fix it - they don't think its broken. They will pay with reduced game sales.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

People have whined and complained about RE's controls since 1998.

If you didnt like them then, then you wont like them now.

If you actually get used to them, they really arent a troublesome thing to handle.

and no, they arent "fixing" RE5, since the controls arent broken.

msharki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 msharki
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts
Yep they have definitely lost my 60 bucks. I haven't played a Resident Evil title since the first one on PS1. I didn't really care for the gameplay of it but I liked the story. Either way I didn't play games for quite a few years starting around that time period, so I figured why not try resident evil again. I downloaded, played it and quickly deleted it. Bad control schemes can ruin a game.
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
you guys are all idiots...RE is not intended to be a run and gun shooter...i know its hard to imagine, an xbox 360 game that is not about shooting running and running around...the game sales will not slump due to the reason that you guys dont like the controls....RE games have had this design and all are great games...i personally like the set up...the camara angles also help make the game more scary bc u dont konw what is around the next corner....this will be a game of the year candidate, and saying that capcom doesnt know what they are doing is stupid....
progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
you guys are all idiots...RE is not intended to be a run and gun shooter...i know its hard to imagine, an xbox 360 game that is not about shooting running and running around...the game sales will not slump due to the reason that you guys dont like the controls....RE games have had this design and all are great games...i personally like the set up...the camara angles also help make the game more scary bc u dont konw what is around the next corner....this will be a game of the year candidate, and saying that capcom doesnt know what they are doing is stupid....deadbeat2381
Typical fan boy response. Because people think the controls suck they are wrong, but this guy is right. Trust me, given the fact that capcom increased the AI aggresiveness and numbers should have led them to at least allow slowed movement when aiming/shooting. And yes, the sales will slump because there are a lot of people that feel this way. Sure, its not you - that's great, I'm sure you'll love the game. Everyone else will be playing a game with decent controls that don't actually pull the gamer out of the immersive environment by using a control scheme from 8 years ago.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I just set it to control type A (RE4 controls) and it was fine. Theres nothing to fix in my opinion. Something tells me that RE5 is likely to be the best selling game this year, your insane if yout think sales will slump. Off the top of my head the only game that I know coming this year that has a chance to challenge it is MW2. Anyway I thought you could strafe with one of the control options for those who complained (basically shooter fans) about the RE style.
remakerer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 remakerer22
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts
I agree with deadbeat. RE is as good as it is because Capcom knows not to change something that doesn't need to be fixed. However, if you have played other RE's before RE4, you would know that the camera angles changed from fixed to angled 3rd person view. RE games aren't good, they're great, and anyone who says otherwise has never played an RE game
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Everyone is just gonna go back and forth on this, honestly, if you've never played RE before, your gonna hate the controls, if you loved RE, you'll love RE5, thats how it goes.

People are gonna whine all day long, but Im still gonna enjoy the hell out of RE5, with or without the haters.

and if Capcom actually gave a damn about all of you who hate Resident Evil, they would have changed it by now.

paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
Something was definitely off with the aiming/shooting controls. It didn't feel as tight as RE4. I was a master at gettting headshots in RE4 and I felt like a complete novice in the RE5 demo. Aside from the control I'm quite dissapointed. The animations of the zombies are identical to RE4. All they did was throw a fresh coat of paint on RE4's engine. Not a bad idea from a business standpoint, but they could've at least used some new motion capture animations for when zombies get shot, the way that they move/attack/fall when dead, etc. Even the damn sound effects from RE4 were recycled.
Avatar image for cartman19191918
cartman19191918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cartman19191918
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts
i agree with deadbeat, schmitty, and remakerer.. the controls aren't broken, nothing in the game is broken, it's just a newer, more advanced version of resident evil 4.. and sure maybe alot of people aren't going to like the controls, but i'm sure if they played it for a couple hours they'll love it. i was skeptacle of the controls in re4 but after an hour, i loved it.. and i beat it more than three times. It's all about opionion/gaming style really.
Raider8784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Raider8784
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
Just played the demo and I didn't think the controls were nearly as bad as everyone is saying... it's basically the same exact control scheme as RE4 and that game was amazing... yes the laser aiming is a bit clunky and slow but I think it kind of adds to the whole feeling of the game, being completely outnumbered and having your back up against the walls... you have to move around and stay clear of the enemy to survive and get out some clean shots or you'll end up getting destroyed
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
Looks like the OP hasn't played much Resident Evil before... The controls have always been this way. The game isn't broken. This seems right on par with what I'd expect from Resident Evil at this point. If you hate this, I can imagine how you'd feel about the series before RE4. Before that, it was even slower. RE4, and now RE5 are more action-horror than survival-horror.
NeverEndingXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 NeverEndingXx
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
I truly find nothing different to the control scheme, almost completely identical to RE4 I enjoyed playing the demo and cannot wait for the game to release.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I dont even find this tough to play and I went from a 97% accuracy rating using the wiimote in RE4 to the 360 controller. But then again I am a fan of the series and I understand the reason why your not running around like its Gears of War. I think too many people are thinking of this as a simple shooter, run forward shoot some guys, rinse and repeat. Like the above poster said RE is about being tense this is survival horror my friends, not blast wave after wave of some alien force. With diving rolls and 30ft jumps, your not suppose to be on even ground with your foes your suppose to be overwhelmed.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

They feel fine to me, you can change the speed at which you aim. Only wonky thing is the melee combat, having to press LB and RT feels funny to me.

My only gripe is you can't walk while aiming. C'mon now, forget running while aiming, I just want to be able to sidestep or something.

EDIT: Sepewrath, my friend tried co-op with me, he HATED the game. I've never seen someone over the age of 13 freak out and whine as much as he did. He bemoaned the game because it wasn't like COD4 or didn't have a cover system (WTF?). I nearly backhanded him for that comment.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
My only gripe is you can't walk while aiming. C'mon now, forget running while aiming, I just want to be able to sidestep or something.cametall
I have to agree with this. I'm ok with the controls for the most part, since I've played the series since the beginning, but I'd like to see a simple "strafe and shoot" function added to the game. Especially since the game is taking more of an action direction these days. These threads are giving me a good chuckle though, since you can clearly see the Halo kids are the ones complaining the most. "OMGZ! its not run, gun and melee! this is crap!" Halo has ruined intelligent gaming...