Are all the xbox one bundles now elite?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 harrygooch
Member since 2015 • 282 Posts

Want the elite console, but they have some great bundles now. Wondering if the bundles include the elite console and elite controller? Or is the elite console completely separate from these new bundles (halo 5, forza, ...)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

The Elite console bundle is a separate bundle... all the other bundles have the standard console and controller. But you can obviously buy the controller separately if you wish.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 harrygooch

@hrt_rulz01: yea but I want the 1tb solid state drive and the "20% faster console".

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

I would like to know this too. Forgive me for my ignorance but can I swap out the harddrive for that 1tb hybrid drive? I want to make my own 'Elite' console. If not, as previously asked I'd like to know if any of these new bundles include the hybrid drive for better performance? It would make sense for their Halo edition Xbox to have it. But I'm thinking not. Oh well I've always liked Gears better anyway so I may just wait until Gears 4 drops next year and buy a limited console with *possibly* that hybrid drive installed. Thoughts?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01

@harrygooch said:

@hrt_rulz01: yea but I want the 1tb solid state drive and the "20% faster console".

That console is only currently available in the Elite bundle... all the other bundles are the normal console.

So if you want the console with the SSD, then you have no choice but to get the Elite bundle.

@pathofneo99 said:

I would like to know this too. Forgive me for my ignorance but can I swap out the harddrive for that 1tb hybrid drive? I want to make my own 'Elite' console. If not, as previously asked I'd like to know if any of these new bundles include the hybrid drive for better performance? It would make sense for their Halo edition Xbox to have it. But I'm thinking not. Oh well I've always liked Gears better anyway so I may just wait until Gears 4 drops next year and buy a limited console with *possibly* that hybrid drive installed. Thoughts?

No you can't swap the internal HDD in the XB1... but you can plug in an external HD. I currently have a 7200RPM drive plugged in to mine and see pretty decent loading time improvements in most games.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 harrygooch

@pathofneo99 said:

I find it idiotic that they would waste all these bundles and throw in the regular xbox one. I remember going with a buddy of mine to the store and he bought halo mcc, we were all hyped to play it. Spent the next 4 hours waiting for the damn thing to install. Didn't even play it, went home pissed off.

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pathofneo99

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@harrygooch said:

That console is only currently available in the Elite bundle... all the other bundles are the normal console.

So if you want the console with the SSD, then you have no choice but to get the Elite bundle.

@pathofneo99 said:

No you can't swap the internal HDD in the XB1... but you can plug in an external HD. I currently have a 7200RPM drive plugged in to mine and see pretty decent loading time improvements in most games.

Okay. So how do you think an external 7200rpm drive, or for example a western digital 'my passport' compare to this hybrid drive that's in the elite console? Should give a similar performance or is that hybrid drive going to be superior? While we're at it why in the world can I not change the harddrive in 2015? That's probably off-topic and up for debate in another thread sorry.

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pathofneo99

@harrygooch said:
@pathofneo99 said:

I find it idiotic that they would waste all these bundles and throw in the regular xbox one. I remember going with a buddy of mine to the store and he bought halo mcc, we were all hyped to play it. Spent the next 4 hours waiting for the damn thing to install. Didn't even play it, went home pissed off.

I don't understand either. Why the hell is MS putting all these bundles out? Are they trying to fool the public into thinking their something special? All I see are too many generic bundles. They need to put energy into games!! If their going to give us a special Halo console then give us something better than that, with 2 special controllers and an ACTUAL game disc! They did it before with the Gears 360 so don't tell me they can't do it again. Thumbs down on all fronts if you ask me. Sorry if I come across as anti-MS because I'm not. I use nothing but windows since 3.1/95 and have about 80 original Xbox and 360 games (major exclusives and not on pc) but so far color me unimpressed with this generation.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@pathofneo99: the hybrid drive will be faster. For the money if you want the elite controller you should just get the elite bundle. its the same price as buying a normal console and getting the elite controller but without the hybrid drive.

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pathofneo99

@oflow said:

@pathofneo99: the hybrid drive will be faster. For the money if you want the elite controller you should just get the elite bundle. its the same price as buying a normal console and getting the elite controller but without the hybrid drive.

Sounds like a winner to me. I just wish they put the hybrid drive into the Halo console, as I normally try to pick up limited stuff. But it sounds like this Elite console is limited, in a way. or do you think they will start including this hybrid drive into future consoles? Serious question becuase I can wait until Gears 4 comes out if they would actually put it in the limited console. I have enough PC games to last me until then. What do you think? I don't particularly have to have the elite controller..but being a PC gamer I've been spoiled by fast load times so anything that helps in that department is good.

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 harrygooch

@pathofneo99 said:
@harrygooch said:
@pathofneo99 said:

I don't understand either. Why the hell is MS putting all these bundles out? Are they trying to fool the public into thinking their something special? All I see are too many generic bundles. They need to put energy into games!! If their going to give us a special Halo console then give us something better than that, with 2 special controllers and an ACTUAL game disc! They did it before with the Gears 360 so don't tell me they can't do it again. Thumbs down on all fronts if you ask me. Sorry if I come across as anti-MS because I'm not. I use nothing but windows since 3.1/95 and have about 80 original Xbox and 360 games (major exclusives and not on pc) but so far color me unimpressed with this generation.

The only thing I can think of is they have a shit load of unsold xbox one's from the old batch, or a shit load of unsold hard drives and they are just trying to get rid of them.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@oflow said:

Yeah agreed. If you're looking to get an Xbone and want the Elite controller, then the Elite bundle is a no-brainer. Otherwise if you want the Halo bundle for example, like I said, I've had decent loading time improvements with my external 7200RPM drive. Whether it'd be as fast as the Elite console, not sure. But the Elite wouldn't be much faster I don't think (main thing that would be faster is console boot up).

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pathofneo99

Has anyone done a teardown to see exactly what harddrive their using for the elite console?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Most of the bundles include the regular 500GB model of Xbox one. The Xbox one elite with 1TB HDD and 20% lighter console with the redesigned controller that retails for $150.00 on it's own is included with Xbox one elite consoles. This elite bundle is $500.00

Plus the retail box states "Elite Xbox one". So you know what you getting. Microsoft is also clearing stock of the old Xbox one models with the plain 500GB HDD so check the box to make sure your getting the right SKU.