Anyone switching to PlayStation next-gen?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ralphster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ralphster
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

After 7 great years with Xbox,it's time to say goodbye :( I really don't like the way Microsoft approached the X1 with all the 24 hour checks and used game policies. Looks like my 20k Gamerscore is going down the drain :( Seeing the new Halo made me feel sad since I know I'll never play it, not until I buy the X1 someday anyway.....Goodbye Chief.

What do you guys think?

Ian-Cognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ian-Cognito
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

I'm in total agreement... and I'll add in the fact that I resent having to pay for things that I consider to be "extras" which MS is now passing off as "standard" features.

I don't want Kinect, I've never wanted Kinect, I have zero interest in Kinect... with teh Xbox One I have no choice but to buy and use Kinect.

So my 80,000+ gamerscore will come to an abrupt end when my PS4 arrives whenever Sony get around to selling it European gamers.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I'm getting a PS4. I won't be getting an Xbox 1.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
I do own a ps3, but i like my 360 better. Now I'm thinking is going to be the other way around
WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

I'll probably stick to my 360/PS3.

Switch to next gen maybe in a year or two.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

i haven't fully made my decision yet. im still leaning towards xbox one. even with the state of emergency stuff that's been going on the xbox one just appeals more to me as a hardcore gamer and someone that doesn't just want the same thing as last gen. 

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

definatly getting a ps4 after E3 also that "if you dont have internet play x360" comment that was the straw that broke the camels back i mean,what a smartass, il sure be keeping my 360 to play titan fall as that was the only X1 one game that looked good to me (aside from dead rising but im fairly certain that will go multiplat down the line)

oh also killer instinct only being availble with 1 character and the rest as dlc is the craziest thing i have ever heard of

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

i haven't fully made my decision yet. im still leaning towards xbox one. even with the state of emergency stuff that's been going on the xbox one just appeals more to me as a hardcore gamer and someone that doesn't just want the same thing as last gen. 

XxAK47xX
how does it appeal to a hardcore gamer like yourself? im not trying to stir anything im legitimately curious
acecl0ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 acecl0ver
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Well Don Mattrick said if you don't have online service in your area just get a 360. I guess if you already got an 360, just get the other consoles who offer offline service like WiiU or PS4. Hey PC game seems a lot more better choice as well :D
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

"Switching" would seem to imply that I have loyalty to something or that I know that in the next generation lifetime i will buy only one thing. I would definitely get a PS4 first, then probably a Wii U, pick up an Xbox One sometime much later.

So my 80,000+ gamerscore

Looks like my 20k Gamerscore is going down the drain

If anyone cares it can still be displayed on gaming websites.

Hey PC game seems a lot more better choice as well big_smile.gif

It has always been the better choice, it's only gotten more and more so over the years

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I already own a PS3 and 360 but wasn't sure which system I was gonna get first next-gen "UNTIL" MS gave me the finger!!! That made my decision real easy(PS4)I won't rule out buying an X1 sometime in the "DISTANT" future but for now I'm rolling with Sony.

Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

Im switching, mainly because most of my friends own sony, Sony usually gets more RPGs/Jrpgs, and right now its cheaper.. Though i have to say i don't really enjoy the fanbase attitude (i hope they are just like that here). I had no problem with the X1 till i heard about the used game thing. And the fact of how expensive it is..
Now i wonder what will be my first PS4 game when ever i get it.. AC4, Bf4, Or WatchDogs ,_, 

SquidBiskets78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SquidBiskets78
Member since 2011 • 197 Posts

Me.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
If switching means playing one more than the other, well that's still up to the games.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Definitely plan on getting a PS4 and building a PC within the next year or so, maybe even a Wii U if Smash Bros. looks good enough. 

At this point Microsoft would have to make major changes to the X1 for me to even begin to consider it. 

seanb12398

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 seanb12398
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts

Im done with microsoft next gen. They're becoming obnoxious. While Sony in my honest opinion seems quite the opposite. PS4 it is for me

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They made it easy for me to hate the next xbox, not only that... but hate the company itself. That's just really sad, didn't know Microsoft couldn't give 2 shits about my money.

What they said in the interview was a real douche move about sticking with 360. 

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

No, I want a next gen console not a more power PS3.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm switching over

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I will be buying an X1.

The PS4 is just the PS3 with an upgrade, I have seen nothing that interests me in the slightest. They are not even attempting to break new ground or generate any real buzz around emerging technologies and the future of the console. Its just a new box with new games and their main selling point seemed to be "hey at least we are not as bad as those Microsoft guys". Which I felt was petty. Sony are playing it safe and people are lapping it up. A lack of innovation is far more dangerous to the gaming industry than DRM and used games policies ever will be.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 always_explicit

Not to mention that the Sony community just sucks

Ian-Cognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ian-Cognito

I will be buying an X1.

The PS4 is just the PS3 with an upgrade.

always_explicit

And the Xbox One is just a 360 upgraded... that generally how consoles work... a new console is an upgraded version of the previous one... if they produced the same console again it wouldn't be next-gen, and if they went backwards and produced something worse than they had already they'd call it the Wii.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

[QUOTE="always_explicit"]

I will be buying an X1.

Ian-Cognito

And the Xbox One is just a 360 upgraded... that generally how consoles work... a new console is an upgraded version of the previous one... if they produced the same console again it wouldn't be next-gen, and if they went backwards and produced something worse than they had already they'd call it the Wii.

If you look at both consoles the Xbox one has a lot of new features that the 360 didn't have, way more of a upgrade that the PS4. The PS4 is really just a more powerful down grade from the PS3, the PS3 at least had a unique cell CPU, the PS4 is just nothing more than a PC with video memory.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Preordered my ps4 already
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I'm still on board with Microsoft, though just like the current generation, I plan on getting all the platforms in order to play all the exclusives.
Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts
Still going with Xbox next Gen, and if I see enough good games on the PS4 I'll get that too.....Sony had a weak E3 and barely showed any good games, so far they haven't done a good job convincing me to buy a PS4.....allowing me to lend games to friends is not a selling point for me, I only buy new anyways.
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

Have any of you guys actually played on the PSN? If you like XBOX live well... all I can is... good luck. :D

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I am considering it, strongly!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="Ian-Cognito"]

I will be buying an X1.

rrjim1

If you look at both consoles the Xbox one has a lot of new features that the 360 didn't have, way more of a upgrade that the PS4. The PS4 is really just a more powerful down grade from the PS3, the PS3 at least had a unique cell CPU, the PS4 is just nothing more than a PC with video memory.

What ur saying makes no sense. Also the cell was the ps3s biggest downfall for multiplats.
mr_blobby213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mr_blobby213
Member since 2010 • 727 Posts
After reading the X1's contract/policy they can shove it. I'll stick with my 360 until a game comes out that I really want (Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls, new Mass Effect) then buy a PS4.
Ian-Cognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ian-Cognito

[QUOTE="Ian-Cognito"]

I will be buying an X1.

rrjim1

And the 360 is just the same... problem being a lot of the "extra" features on the 360 aren't stuff that people who just want to play games give a flying toss about... what does someone in Poland care for NBA Fantasy updates? Or a hook up with the NFL?

What Sony have done with the PS4, thankfully, is rip out all the stuff that people weren't bothered with and focused purely on the games side for the first time in 10 years... they learnt from the disaster launch of the PS3 and have come back stronger for it... MS have made the same mistake Sony did last gen, they seem to think that gamers will swallow anything they say just because they sold millions of consoles in the current generation... and it's going to hammer their sales.

I've bounced around between console manufacturers for years, PS1, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and so on... what I want is a machine that plays games, where I'm not paying extra for something I don't want or have never wanted... and as soon as Kinect comes as standard they're charging me extra for something I have no interest in and can't ever turn off even if I wanted to.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

This gen i own both 360 and PS3 but i do almost all my gaming on the 360, the PS3 is basically just a blu-ray player with a few exclusives

but im buying PS4 next-gen

Microsoft have really gone the completely wrong direction with the X1 in my opinion and right now i have no interest in ever buying one, maybe if they release a cheap version with no kinect and no TV tuner then i might consider it, but right now im not interested

Papa_Woody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Papa_Woody
Member since 2005 • 297 Posts
iv'e been with Xbox 10 years now. 10 great, fulfilled years. Up until now, i thought they did everything right, but successful companies have a way of getting too big for their bridges. i can't support a company that's going to put so many restrictions on their loyal customers. we made the Xbox the leading console by staying loyal to the platform and buying up all their products, and they repay us like this? i'm definitely getting a PS4, which blows my mind since i haven't owned a Sony console since my PS2 broke years ago. too be honest, i don't even want a PS4 but i feel if i want to game into this next-gen i have no choice, microsoft gave me no choice. 5 years from now when you walk into a second hand store to get a good deal on an older, used title, how many xbox 1 games are gonna be on the shelf waiting for you to buy? NONE! THAT"S why i'm going to PS4, go check out the games on demand on Live and compare their prices to that same game used on ebay. night and frickin day. if you want to pay $40 for a 5 year old game because you're at the mercy of Microsoft pricing, have at it. i'll be playing $10 used games on my PS4. 160,000+ gamerscore down the drain. here i come Trophies!!!
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 robybaggio

This gen i own both 360 and PS3 but i do almost all my gaming on the 360, the PS3 is basically just a blu-ray player with a few exclusives

but im buying PS4 next-gen

Microsoft have really gone the completely wrong direction with the X1 in my opinion and right now i have no interest in ever buying one, maybe if they release a cheap version with no kinect and no TV tuner then i might consider it, but right now im not interested

NoDzombie
Did you hack you Xbox 360?
drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts
I think it's too early to tell to be honest. MS is already back tracking and there's still some time to iron out details. I'll probably wait a month or two until they're both out and then decide. It's a lot of money for either so no rush and then some games will be out.
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robybaggio
I think it's too early to tell to be honest. MS is already back tracking and there's still some time to iron out details. I'll probably wait a month or two until they're both out and then decide. It's a lot of money for either so no rush and then some games will be out. drokmore
There is no way MS will backtrack. It's here to stay and there is good reason for it.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#37 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

No, because that would require me to be brand loyal in the first place. I owned both systems this gen, will own both eventually next gen. 

Angel_Belial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Angel_Belial
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

After 7 great years with Xbox,it's time to say goodbye :( I really don't like the way Microsoft approached the X1 with all the 24 hour checks and used game policies. Looks like my 20k Gamerscore is going down the drain :( Seeing the new Halo made me feel sad since I know I'll never play it, not until I buy the X1 someday anyway.....Goodbye Chief.

What do you guys think?

ralphster

I'm on the same page as you. I have honestly felt sad about the fact that I likely won't be playing the next Halo game. A great franchise - it's so disappointing, but there is no way I will have an Xbox One in my house when it requires an online connection and Kinect.  The used games policy is yet another bad aspect.  Imagine if DVDs were locked down like that - if you could only lend your favourite movie to a friend once, and after that you're screwed - it's almost laughable (almost).

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 always_explicit
iv'e been with Xbox 10 years now. 10 great, fulfilled years. Up until now, i thought they did everything right, but successful companies have a way of getting too big for their bridges. i can't support a company that's going to put so many restrictions on their loyal customers. we made the Xbox the leading console by staying loyal to the platform and buying up all their products, and they repay us like this? i'm definitely getting a PS4, which blows my mind since i haven't owned a Sony console since my PS2 broke years ago. too be honest, i don't even want a PS4 but i feel if i want to game into this next-gen i have no choice, microsoft gave me no choice. 5 years from now when you walk into a second hand store to get a good deal on an older, used title, how many xbox 1 games are gonna be on the shelf waiting for you to buy? NONE! THAT"S why i'm going to PS4, go check out the games on demand on Live and compare their prices to that same game used on ebay. night and frickin day. if you want to pay $40 for a 5 year old game because you're at the mercy of Microsoft pricing, have at it. i'll be playing $10 used games on my PS4. 160,000+ gamerscore down the drain. here i come Trophies!!!Papa_Woody
Stopped reading at too big for their BRIDGES. Haha guys we gotta stop making the X1...our BRIDGES are too big hahahaha
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The smart ones will.

xboxonejail.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

[QUOTE="ralphster"]Seeing the new Halo made me feel sad since I know I'll never play it, not until I buy the X1 someday anyway.....Goodbye Chief.

What do you guys think?

Angel_Belial

I'm on the same page as you. I have honestly felt sad about the fact that I likely won't be playing the next Halo game. A great franchise - it's so disappointing

Well, you could just get Destiny. It's multiplat, will be on current-gen consoles even, and is basically Halo but with a lot of improvements.

DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

Im getting a Ps4 first then an X1 like way later down the road i already have a PC so im alright on that i really loved my 360 this gen but im giving my ps3 more love and im enjoying that more than playing my xbox i havent touched my 360 in weeks and i dont feel bad at all.

THIRTYSIXBLACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 THIRTYSIXBLACK
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

I will probably be getting a PS4. Microsoft's restrictions have made it very easy to make this decision. I don't mind the 24 hour check in, but it should not stop me from playing my games.

Wazuli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wazuli
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Unfortunately after a long time with my 360 and Hopes high for E3 , thinking MS was going to fix their gamer hating/greedy ways, I've decided to switch. Not to mention the complete and utter lack of accurate info on the policies they've decided to implement oh so "gracefully". I don't get it. If you buy the console and you then go on to buying a game, shouldn't both the console and game then belong to you, to do whatever you want with? I don't want a Kinect, I don't care about voice commands, I want my console to do one thing, play games. MS managed to totally obliterate the concept of a console. If I want to watch tv, i use my remote to switch back to tv. I think the whole Xbox one campaign smells incredibly fishy, the info, policies, the pricing? In both the PS4's and the Xbox one's case, the whole restriction on games issue is up to the publisher in the long run, EA is prolly gonna enforce this since EA is a baaaaaaad company m'kay? I still love my 360, and I'm still gonna use it as frequently, but for the next gen, PS4 seems like the obvious choice. I'm really hoping the PSN kicks it up a knotch though, because, well, let's face it, it sucks as it is now, room for improvement.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Sadly, I will be switching. :(

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I have both PS3 and Xbox360 and I let them duke it out for on-time.  MS wins mainly because I like the joystick and multiplayer experience.  PS3 wins because PlayStation plus has been great for me, things like Netflix and ESPN are no extra change, and I have got some VERY GOOD Indy games from it.  When a game is on both consoles I buy the MS version.  If I had to have only one console it would be the Xbox360.

I was ticked about MS's plans and rushed to pre-order a PS4.  But the dust is settling and the main differences right now are 24 hour check in (hate it) and a higher price for MS (but you get a camera that is fun to dance at).  So I put an XBOX ONE on pre-order a few minutes ago.

Microsoft has until Nov. to reverse their "must connect to internet" stance......

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I already pre-ordered my launch PS4.  I really wanted to go with the xboxone first but MS stopped that from happening.  This gen I have a PS3/360 but I really only ever game on my 360 due to xbox live and the community.  I'm really happy that Sony is charging to play online so hopefully the added revenue will help improve PSN and thrive a good community on PSN.

I really hope the gamers stand up to MS with their wallets and basically show them that we're not willing going to allow these resrictions...

Bristar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bristar
Member since 2002 • 495 Posts

I've been gaming since pong...never owned a Playstation(was xbox/pc last couple cycles). This time around it will be PS4/pc, MS is  cutting off their nose to spite their face with the X1, too bad really, thankfully there is a choice.