Anyone new to Destiny or thinking of playing on Xbox one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thabigdoggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thabigdoggie
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

I am looking for someone who is thinking about playing Destiny on Xbox one or is brand new (less than 7 days) to the game that would like to have someone to help them get started, and learn the ropes. They are running a new refer a friend program. If you are on the fence or thinking about playing, I recommend it greatly. I am hooked and I have been playing for the majority of the first year. There are some decent rewards for doing the refer-a-friend for both the new person and the veteran. Im in eastern time zone and I play most evenings and weekends.

I'm A dad with 3 kids so Im probably looking for someone more mature, preferably someone with a similar situation. If you are interested and want to chat about it, hit me up with a message on Xbox my GT is Thabigdoggie. We can jump in a party and talk or whatever. I love playing Destiny and I will be playing as long as the game is around. I will send you a link that allows you to sign up with me. It helps if you already have an account on Bungie.net. It enables you to find other people to play with and also look at your characters stats and weapons.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Thinking of getting it on the 18th of this month. Thing is to me the game seems quite epic and finding game time around life is my usual issue.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I just bought an XB1 and I'm buying 6 games at Best Buy tomorrow, would be willing to swap Tomb Raider for Destiny if it's any good. All I heard from the beginning was that it was awful. Let me know, gamertag is Bulbasaur76334 so message me and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Amish-Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Amish-Cyborg
Member since 2015 • 11 Posts

@transk53: Epic?

This game seems like the biggest waste of money I have ever seen.

It's basically a rip off of halo and Star Wars, but with very little in the way of an actual plot (or at least a good one) and no light sabers.

The live-action commercials look dumb and cheesy and again, the story is a joke.

I heard about a year ago that people were lampooning it for it's a lack of good storyline and a lot of people knew not to subscribe to that game.

Then again, boys that are probably in high school; probably have an IQ low enough and a lack of good taste in sci-fi to actually like it and want to play it.

That might be the Target-demographic..

But yeah, there's definitely a lack of epicness.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@amish-cyborg said:

@transk53: Epic?

This game seems like the biggest waste of money I have ever seen.

It's basically a rip off of halo and Star Wars, but with very little in the way of an actual plot (or at least a good one) and no light sabers.

The live-action commercials look dumb and cheesy and again, the story is a joke.

I heard about a year ago that people were lampooning it for it's a lack of good storyline and a lot of people knew not to subscribe to that game.

Then again, boys that are probably in high school; probably have an IQ low enough and a lack of good taste in sci-fi to actually like it and want to play it.

That might be the Target-demographic..

But yeah, there's definitely a lack of epicness.

Mmm. Not sure how Destiny can be likened to a rip off of Star Wars and Halo. Anyway, do not think the OP started the thread for a shop window for trolls. Oh, and citing the game as epic, I was correct on that :)