Anyone going back to MW2 after Black Ops?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simtub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 simtub
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Is anyone going back to MW2 Multiplayer after finishing Campaign on Black Ops and having mixed feelings with the Multiplayer mode? My intital thoughts are to move back to MW2 for casual multiplaying action. I should give Black Ops some more time though but on a personal opinion I just can't get excited with the new multiplayer experience and the weaponry doesn't give as much kick as MW2 does. The sound fx (gunfire sounds and grenade explosions etc) sounds very weak and I do not feel immersed into the environment of the maps as I do with MW2. Added to the random spawning points on BO which is annoying me loads. I just feel the whole immersive experience in MW2 multiplayer is way past BO.
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
Nope never going back to MW2 because that game has been broken for months Black Ops is way more fun and balanced plus the maps are much better.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's time to move on...
bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

I lost interest in Modern Warfare 2 not long after it's release, so I think i'll be sticking with COD: Black Ops. However, I would drop them both for a new WWI or WWII COD game. For me, those have always been more enjoyable than their "present day" shooter.

Avatar image for Victors_Valiant
Victors_Valiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Victors_Valiant
Member since 2010 • 398 Posts
No, I stopped playing MW 2 consistently months ago because of how bad it is. The multiplayer isn't fun anymore with kids running around with double shotguns and lightweight and other stupid crap. Black Ops so far is a ton of fun with the wager / currency system, the maps seem to be a little larger, and the guns seem to be more balanced. Black Ops is a better game than MW 2 on multiple levels. I have yet to try the campaign yet, but so far I prefer Black Ops over MW 2.
Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

MW2 is plain broken, with a billion cheap ways to kill and get killed add to that a ton of quick-scopers, akimbo shotguns (is that even possible !?!) hacks (personally i've never known or experienced but i hear a lotta peeps complain about it) and what nots. I lost interest in it past first prestige. Don't think i'll ever go back, might even trade it in actually. Nah its pretty much Halo : Reach, BF:BC2 or CoD:BO for MP, and maybe MoH for a while, though the snipers on small maps are killing it for me.

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Campaign was bloody awesome, honestly felt more like the first Call of Duty which was a masterpiece imo.Haven't got stuck into multiplayer yet though.

Oh yeah so far its miles better then MW2...final judgement in progress.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Nope never going back to MW2 because that game has been broken for months Black Ops is way more fun and balanced plus the maps are much better.xxmatt125xx
This... MW2 has been garbage for a long time now. The only reason I went back to CoD4 when WaW came out was because I liked Modern weapons, didn't have anything to do with the gameplay or not liking World at War. Black Ops is exactly how a multiplayer shooter should be. Everyone who doesn't like it can go back to their One Man Army.
Broeddeeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Broeddeeg
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Time will learn, but i think i will be staying with black ops.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I wouldn't go back to MW2 even if BO never came out

But BO fixes all the issues I had with MW2, while topping in presentation, among other areas, so color me happy

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

i stopped playing MW2 months and months ago, the multiplayer is so so broken, went back to it a few days ago to get some 'practice' in for Black Ops and remembered why i stopped playing, i will never play MW2 again, ever

Black Ops seems to have fixed all the issues i had with MW2 though, im sure someone will figure out a game breaking exploit soon enough though and when that happens it will be back to Bad Company 2 for me

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
The thing is I don't think they left many doors open for exploits. The perks are very mellow and new things like the crossbow/ballistic knife/flamethrower seems to have been very well thought out and balanced. Killstreaks don't add kills towards other killstreaks...they were very careful about everything. Feels like CoD4 again, which is a great thing.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

not going back to mw2 but black ops isnt perfect. there are some framerate issues, and im talking about multiplayer. and no its not lag, i know the difference. im talking about the ps3 version, not sure about 360. and the sound isnt that great. not being able to hear someone with marathon running full speed behind you while you have ninja is ridiculous. and the mp5 seems a little overpowered to me. i havent decided on it yet, but im definitely not going back to mw2. cod4 is the best by far as far as core gameplay goes.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

The thing is I don't think they left many doors open for exploits. The perks are very mellow and new things like the crossbow/ballistic knife/flamethrower seems to have been very well thought out and balanced. Killstreaks don't add kills towards other killstreaks...they were very careful about everything. Feels like CoD4 again, which is a great thing.Mau-Justice

Yea I'm totally pleased with it and I feel like its the real sequel to COD4 that I wanted

I loved WaW but I didn't like as much as COD4, still good, just not quite as good but black ops I'm enjoying a lot

Done are the days of killstreak rewards adding to killstreaks, knifing across the rooms, the whole "i saw you first I KILL!!!" because we can only take one shot, and no more shotgun sprays from 30 feet killing you.

Black Ops and Reach are going to keep me happy with FPS online for a long time, just go back and forth playing each. I couldn't be happier with Black Ops, well I wish i got the hardened edition for the zombie maps

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
mw2s mutiplayer is lame
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
never.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I love it, so much better than MW2, IMO it's better than COD4, it has the balance of it and the sheer fun, but it has more features, can't say a thing about campaign, haven't touched it yet, gonna do that this weekend.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Geez, some people don't like change

Take Reach for example

After a Slayer DMR game, my team wins, other team says that they would've won if BRs were in the game

or people whine about the armor abilities

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Geez, some people don't like change

Take Reach for example

After a Slayer DMR game, my team wins, other team says that they would've won if BRs were in the game

or people whine about the armor abilities

Rhino53

I quit playing Halo after Halo 3 required the DLC for most playlists, but from what I have seen of it, the DMR looks so much more fun to use than the BR, and on topic, change is good, if it is the right direction.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

Why would I with all the balance issues and glitches fixed in black ops plus the improvements made MW2 feel like the beta to Black Ops.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

never going back nor forward...

hate tray because waw and hate iw for mw2... lets see what sledgehammer can do or will they use the tool to destroy their self

i would sell mw2 but it don't work... only if i have game installed

junbug119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 junbug119
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

i never went back to mw2 after playing about 15 hours of it. i'm surprised i even played that much. i am really enjoying black ops and see myself wasting countless hours on that game!