Anyone else having trouble gaming online with Xbox One X?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 196

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2566 Posts

I have no idea what the problem is on my Xbox One X. Basically, the online connection works for about 20 minutes then becomes unstable. Yes I am on Wi-Fi, and Microsoft gave me the run around for about an hour and concluded with "there may be signal interference so use an ethernet cable"

First off, that's not convenient and if I go through the hassle of running a very long ethernet cable to the Xbox One X will it even fix the issue? Secondly, all my old Xboxes were rock solid on Wi-Fi. My OG 360 with wireless adapter, my OG XB1 (which still works perfectly). I am tired of the narrative on the internet surrounding Wi-Fi's stability. I have an ASUS RT-N66U gigabit router, it is rock solid for every device in the house except the Xbox One X.

If you factor in Microsoft's whole narrative of it being an "online" console, Xbox One X being a premium for console gaming, it baffles me they didn't test this shit. And there is a slew of related complaints circulating the internet.

Is anyone having a similar problem, with online gaming?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19359 Posts

I haven't heard of any such problems... not widespread anyway.

If all other devices (including your old XB1) work perfectly, then maybe there is something wrong with your X's wireless adaptor or something. If you don't want to use an Ethernet cable (which most likely would fix the problem you'd assume), and you've tried all other troubleshooting options with your router etc, then the only option is to exchange it for another console I guess. What else can you do?

Redskins4045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 Redskins4045
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

Always hardwire if you can. It’ll make a difference in your bandwidth speed. I would try restarting the router first see if that helps.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sam3231

False alarm... I think.

I forwarded the port listed under Network Settings -> Advanced settings.

Seems to be okay now.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sam3231

Nevermind... Didn't fix it. I guess I will just try and run a cable to it.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Always wire a console, especially if you game online at all. All of my consoles are wired, except for the Switches. What I have noticed for the last few days is that both my LR XBoneX and my BR launchBone take quite a while to connect to XBL, should be instantish, and the are both wired connections- after they finally connect they perform just fine but initial start up it can take a full minute before it actually signs you in. Only been the last few days or so. I just figured M$ is monkeying with their OS for a future update or something.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sam3231

I tried it on a friend's Wi-Fi and confirmed it, there is something fucked up with the wireless card on this Xbox.

It does work fine hard wired in though.

Microsoft support of course just had to AGAIN give me a giant run around wasting my fucking time.... check this setting, do this, do that..... concerning the actual problem they are either completely oblivious or feigning ignorance.... probably the latter. Fucking douchebags.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sam3231

Well everyone they had an update today, I also reset my xbox to factory default courtesy of @Jetsfan122. So either one of those two things fixed it. :)

EDIT: Fyi all the problem eventually came back, and just resolved it by running a cable to the xbox.

gamersam425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 gamersam425
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

I'm a little confused on whether I should get the new PS4 or the new Xbox? Any recommendations??