Anyone else feel like everyone's writing off the new Xbox wayyyyy too early?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Considering, you know, we really don't know all that much about the system, and Microsoft said before their reveal that e3 would be the place they'd show off most of their games, which obviously wasn't enough of a direct statement to keep people from understanding they wouldn't show that many at the reveal.

As far as used games go, I've been in total agreement that developers should be getting some sort of compensation for the fact that their million dollar efforts are being sold a week after release preowned at CrookStop 5$ cheaper, but I think everbody completely understands the other side of the argument; that said, we still know absolutely nothing about this policy.

So, does anyone else agree that everyone *might* be over reacting just a little bit too early??

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

No 'might' about it, but this is what irrational people do. 

sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sruane23
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Don't really care about the used game thing. I actually only purchase games USED (for the most part) but wouldn't go broke paying normal prices. I'd support it more if it meant less paid DLC or better games, so time will tell but I won't hold my breath.

Regarding your question, yes, people are reacting far too soon. The release was for shareholders and to build excitement leading in to E3. I'm getting both systems, if even for a few exclusives I'd be happy to replace my cable box with the X1 as it appears to be much more fluid. I'm sure they will impress us with some games at E3 and hopefully some new IP's.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

At least wait until E3 to learn more about the Console and the Games. Also MS has said they are going to explain more details about the system and all the questions surrounding it . 

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I'm just tiring of having to have gold in order to use app's that already have a subscribtion tied to them. Why should you have to pay to play online when you already pay for internet? They've already said they are focusing more on things other than the actual games.  I can't say everyone else is writing off Xbox too early. But I am writing it off based on what I know about the system so far and my experiences with the 360 lately.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Definitely. Especially when you consider an entire console generation is pretty long. How could possibly know you'll never want a console? How often do you people actually buy a platform at launch anyway? I'll be blunt, most gamers are impulse driven morons. When the right game comes out they'll give in. E3 could very well be all it takes to change their tunes. As for me I'll watch and wait
Poinciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Poinciana
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts
No
Avatar image for RumblSmoothSkin
RumblSmoothSkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RumblSmoothSkin
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts

I hate the same things I see and hear people complaining about, when it comes to the Xbox One. Once Microsoft shows off the games the console will have via E3, I guarantee the fanboys and Xbox owners will be coming back.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
I bought my 360 to get away from PC Activation codes and all that crap. Imagine the surprize I got when I purchased DiRT 3 and tiny little paper with the words "ONLINE PASS" greeted me, hell, they were mocking me. I didn't buy a console to make my hobby worse. Not to mention I've been trying to recruit my sister into gaming for a while now, paying to be spied on and having to check with MS every 24 hours is a major inconvinience, and ontop of that I still gotta deal with this Gold Membersh!p bullsh!t, it made sense in 2006-2009, but now. . . . . I'l keep gaming on my Xbox 360 until it dies, and then, I'm "JUMPING OUT" my Xbox Live account and all its content be damned, it aint worth keeping. Besides I'm not writing off the Xbox One, its by far the coolest thing ever ! Im writing off Microsoft, you know very well why.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

No, not really. I got tired of a lot of things MS was doing with the 360 a long, long time ago.  The direction they are heading in with Xbox One is not where i want to go.  For me, it does not matter what games they show at E3. I dont want to pay for Kinect. I dont have cable television or like the NFL. Why should i pay for these things or features i will never use??  Im done with MS and I am moving on to other platforms for my gaming needs. 

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

No, not really. I got tired of a lot of things MS was doing with the 360 a long, long time ago.  The direction they are heading in with Xbox One is not where i want to go.  For me, it does not matter what games they show at E3. I dont want to pay for Kinect. I dont have cable television or like the NFL. Why should i pay for these things or features i will never use??  Im done with MS and I am moving on to other platforms for my gaming needs. 

Videodogg
But if it's a similar price point to the PS4 then it shouldn't matter right?
Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"]Definitely. Especially when you consider an entire console generation is pretty long. How could possibly know you'll never want a console? How often do you people actually buy a platform at launch anyway? I'll be blunt, most gamers are impulse driven morons. When the right game comes out they'll give in. E3 could very well be all it takes to change their tunes. As for me I'll watch and wait

Couldn't have said it better myself :)
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I used to love the 360, effortless gaming, pop in a disk and go.

- then online pass

- then ads

- then kinect

I don't pay $50/year to be hassled, harassed and spied on by my own system.

Yes, I get it, there's nobody on the other end of the camera staring at me, but why is there a camera in the first place, I don't want to wave my arms around to game, I don't want the Xbox to say "oh it's you again, nice to see you."

A game console needs to be exactly that.

Not some overdesigned, underpowered piece of crap with 8000 bells and whistles.

This gen I think pretty much all console companies shot themselves in the foot.

1. Ninty with their "tablet controller"

2. Sony with their "ps4 facebook"

3. Xbox with "wave your hand around, ok now move your leg" no stfu, I'm not moving anything, get out of my house

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
No i am not, it's crap. MS has been going for this direction for the last three years. I have been patient with the system and they are taking a crap on us
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

>>>Why people hate the XBOX ONE

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

No, MS has done a great job of making that decision easy for most people by choosing the casuals over the corebase. I know what some are going to say....'WAIT UNTIL E3''!! But why should we have to wait? The introduction should have been for us and E3 should have been for the casuals, because if you talk to the target group that MS is aiming at...most of them still see the Xbox as a toy for kids.

Aside from the kinect, used games and always online issues that haven't been confirmed I think the XB1 is going to be a good system....it just won't be something that I'm gonna get until somethings are cleared up.

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
reveal definitely killed any excitement i had. too soon? you get a good idea where they're heading with it.. nowhere i want to go with them. how they respond to the 'always online question' by saying it will still work if you're temporarily offline ?!?.. which sounds to me like it does requires online then. i hate DLC (always thought it should be free live or free DLC, not paid both) and looks like they're proud of it and will have a lot more.. i'm betting we'll get episodic games too, which will be a huge blow to gaming IMO exclusives? why? maybe it's just me, but i've always thought sony's exclusives were way better (always feel i'm missing out on sony's exclusives. and have never cared for xbox's) TV stuff? why? i will have cable, as i'll need it for live.. why watch on xbox and use more life of my console doing something i don't need it for? not impressed with where they're going.. but not surprised either. basically, all i like is the controller :( love the heat building against the system though.. just hope it keeps up, but it wont. said many times; gamers are worse than crack-heads.. we'll all curse and hate these money-grabbing changes.. but we'll all bend over and accept them. we always do (well most. i'm so proud of the fact i've never bought anything from the marketplace)
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XxAK47xX

No, MS has done a great job of making that decision easy for most people by choosing the casuals over the corebase. I know what some are going to say....'WAIT UNTIL E3''!! But why should we have to wait? The introduction should have been for us and E3 should have been for the casuals, because if you talk to the target group that MS is aiming at...most of them still see the Xbox as a toy for kids.

Aside from the kinect, used games and always online issues that haven't been confirmed I think the XB1 is going to be a good system....it just won't be something that I'm gonna get until somethings are cleared up.

MarcRecon
the reason you can wait is because neither game system is out. Its not like the ps3 is already out and you are waiting for xbox to finish up.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

XxAK47xX

the reason you can wait is because neither game system is out. Its not like the ps3 is already out and you are waiting for xbox to finish up.

What makes you think that I'm all on board with Sony? They still have a few questions I need answered also, MS has kinda let the cat out of the bag "BUT" it's what sony ISN'T saying is what got me just as nervous!:|...Either way, they next-gen isn't looking good for core-gamers which is cool by me because I got loads of 360 and PS3 games to catch up on...heck I might even sit out next-gen if certain rumors turn out to be true.

I'm not knocking anyone who decides to go next-gen but that gotta go both ways...don't knock people(not saying you)who decide not too.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm fed up with kinect.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XxAK47xX

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"][QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

MarcRecon

What makes you think that I'm all on board with Sony? They still have a few questions I need answered also, MS has kinda let the cat out of the bag "BUT" it's what sony ISN'T saying is what got me just as nervous!:|...Either way, they next-gen isn't looking good for core-gamers which is cool by me because I got loads of 360 and PS3 games to catch up on...heck I might even sit out next-gen if certain rumors turn out to be true.

I'm not knocking anyone who decides to go next-gen but that gotta go both ways...don't knock people(not saying you)who decide not too.

So im not saying your a fan boy. Its just taht these are the only two game systems that are competing so its 50/50. Next gen is looking pretty cool righ now. The console is not putting gaming aside. It going to have a shit load of games. more that the core gamer will be able to afford. when E3 comes in... i think 12 days peopel will be able to get a bigger chunck of the story. 

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Definitely!  Even though I personally was somewhat disappointed with the 'reveal' I really didn't expect to be blown away.  I pretty much try to not write off any console.  I never buy a console at launch, but I usually end up getting them all eventually. So, I try to keep an open mind, so many systems do not come into their own til multiple years in existence.  

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="XxAK47xX"] the reason you can wait is because neither game system is out. Its not like the ps3 is already out and you are waiting for xbox to finish up. XxAK47xX

So im not saying your a fan boy. Its just taht these are the only two game systems that are competing so its 50/50. Next gen is looking pretty cool righ now. The console is not putting gaming aside. It going to have a shit load of games. more that the core gamer will be able to afford. when E3 comes in... i think 12 days peopel will be able to get a bigger chunck of the story.

Well, we will see:)

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Videodogg

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

firefox59

Dont you think the Kinect 2.0 and $400 million dollar contract with the NFL and the fancy tv snap interface added to the cost of the Xbox One? If i could buy a Xbox 1 without all that crap, I might buy One. But maybe not, because i hate paying for Live Gold too, and the used game fiasco and always online kind of butt hurts too. No, there are just too many things in the way of me enjoying a game on Xbox One.

...oh, not to mention the fact that at the same exact price point, the PS4 will have better hardware. 

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulekani

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

Videodogg

Dont you think the Kinect 2.0 and $400 million dollar contract with the NFL and the fancy tv snap interface added to the cost of the Xbox One? If i could buy a Xbox 1 without all that crap, I might buy One. But maybe not, because i hate paying for Live Gold too, and the used game fiasco and always online kind of butt hurts too. No, there are just too many things in the way of me enjoying a game on Xbox One.

...oh, not to mention the fact that at the same exact price point, the PS4 will have better hardware. 

The one thing I admired about consoles was how convinient they were. Unfortunately Microsoft has landed themselves in a position were the PC seems more convinient than the 360, never mind the X1 and its "Daily Inspections"
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Considering, you know, we really don't know all that much about the system, and Microsoft said before their reveal that e3 would be the place they'd show off most of their games, which obviously wasn't enough of a direct statement to keep people from understanding they wouldn't show that many at the reveal.

As far as used games go, I've been in total agreement that developers should be getting some sort of compensation for the fact that their million dollar efforts are being sold a week after release preowned at CrookStop 5$ cheaper, but I think everbody completely understands the other side of the argument; that said, we still know absolutely nothing about this policy.

So, does anyone else agree that everyone *might* be over reacting just a little bit too early??

IMAHAPYHIPPO

nope. it's garbage.

-it spies (forced kinect 2.0)

-it's going to be $100-$200 overpriced because kinect 2.0 comes with they system and there is no core gamers system without kinect 2.0 and no one wants it anyways

- it's 500gb hard drive is waaaaay too small - will fill up in a mattter of months

- it's 8 gigs of ram is a win BUT only 5 gigs of the ram will be used for gaming and the ram itself is low bandwidth ddr3 so it's a fail

-it won't play used games and families can't share games within the home = parents won't buy more than 1 game for 2 or 3 children = HUGE fail. = games won't sell on this system period.

-it has an online 24 hour check and everyone hates it

- it's media hub centric and not video game core gamers centric = fail

+ it's controller has a good design but doesn't have a touchpad or a mini thouchscreen. so it's a win and a fail at the same time.

- combine all the things listed above with "a lot of great games and exclusives at launch being shown at e3" = it won't matter because in the long run, maybe as soon as one year into the launch of the console, the publishers and dev studios won't see high game sales because no one is buying the console. so in tuen they won't continue to make games for it.

so nope... there's pretty much nothing that interesests me in xbox one.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Nope, I honestly don't care what games they announce. The restrictions and online requirements alone make me not want it. I also don't want to have to pay for Live anymore so MS can go screw themselves with the X1.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

Videodogg

But the PS3 had better hardware and not a single multi-plat looked better then on the 360. You can't complain about the price until we get better analysis of how the hardware will perform, not oh "PS4 has more teraflops" so it will automatically produce better looking games. Also, Microsoft knows what they are doing, just like Sony thinks they know what they are doing. We know that Microsoft anticipates like 500 million hardware sales, so you can't blame their investments to increase the XBone price point.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

No. It deserves to be written off. Microsoft has already been testing my patience this gen with their poorly made consoles, unnecessary pay walls behind pay walls, relentless advertising, stupid avatars, and Microsoft points and they've done nothing but add to these problems with the Xbox One. I'm done with them now.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"] But if it's a similar price point to the PS4 then it shouldn't matter right?firefox59

But the PS3 had better hardware and not a single multi-plat looked better then on the 360. You can't complain about the price until we get better analysis of how the hardware will perform, not oh "PS4 has more teraflops" so it will automatically produce better looking games. Also, Microsoft knows what they are doing, just like Sony thinks they know what they are doing. We know that Microsoft anticipates like 500 million hardware sales, so you can't blame their investments to increase the XBone price point.

You can't complain about the price until we, you know, actually have a price. <<< goes for every feature we've only gotten a small bit of information on.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulekani

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="Videodogg"] Dont you think the Kinect 2.0 and $400 million dollar contract with the NFL and the fancy tv snap interface added to the cost of the Xbox One? If i could buy a Xbox 1 without all that crap, I might buy One. But maybe not, because i hate paying for Live Gold too, and the used game fiasco and always online kind of butt hurts too. No, there are just too many things in the way of me enjoying a game on Xbox One.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

You can't complain about the price until we, you know, actually have a price. <<< goes for every feature we've only gotten a small bit of information on.

And I've got 3 years of Xbox 360 experience. I aint no expert, I'm a customer and my patience has worn out.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'm not impressed so far but I haven't written off the Xbone by any means and look forward to E3. But if others are disgruntled with MS and the Xbox brand then that's fair enough; I'm sure they have good enough reasons. It's none of my business.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XxAK47xX

I used to love the 360, effortless gaming, pop in a disk and go.

- then online pass

- then ads

- then kinect

I don't pay $50/year to be hassled, harassed and spied on by my own system.

Yes, I get it, there's nobody on the other end of the camera staring at me, but why is there a camera in the first place, I don't want to wave my arms around to game, I don't want the Xbox to say "oh it's you again, nice to see you."

A game console needs to be exactly that.

Not some overdesigned, underpowered piece of crap with 8000 bells and whistles.

This gen I think pretty much all console companies shot themselves in the foot.

1. Ninty with their "tablet controller"

2. Sony with their "ps4 facebook"

3. Xbox with "wave your hand around, ok now move your leg" no stfu, I'm not moving anything, get out of my house

LazySloth718

i just want to point out that the PS4 has a camera system (PS eye) starring at you while you play too. It might not be as advanced or robust as the kinect but still a camera is a camera. 

KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KD-80
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Videodogg
SO essentially your not a gamer then? I'm sorry but the quote on the games and that it does not matter what or how good they are is joke of a quote for anyone who claims to be a gamer. I hate Sony, cos they are just as money hungry if not in some cases more so, with the costs of their games and consoles for the most part and sticking things on your dash just like MS. Despite this I own a PS3 cos there are some exclusives I like to play on there too cos I love games despite what I think of their company or console online service in general. If Kinect is there, its there, why should I care if the games I want to play are there. You can turn features off, remember that PS3 also comes with their equivalent too. PSEye
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Videodogg
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

KD-80
SO essentially your not a gamer then? I'm sorry but the quote on the games and that it does not matter what or how good they are is joke of a quote for anyone who claims to be a gamer. I hate Sony, cos they are just as money hungry if not in some cases more so, with the costs of their games and consoles for the most part and sticking things on your dash just like MS. Despite this I own a PS3 cos there are some exclusives I like to play on there too cos I love games despite what I think of their company or console online service in general. If Kinect is there, its there, why should I care if the games I want to play are there. You can turn features off, remember that PS3 also comes with their equivalent too. PSEye

I am not a gamer who is willing to pay for crap i dont want when i can get better experience somewhere else. Oh yeah, the PS Eye has proven itself to be very functional in games, the Kinect is a abomination and insult to gamers. The Eye is not required for the PS4 to operate.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulekani
I loved the Kinect, back when it was a controller, oh those were good times. Oh well, moving on . . . . . .
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
I see a ton of over reacting. Did you complain when your phone came with a camera and doubled as a music player? This is what technology is. If you don't have the next big idea or take a risk, you could get left in the dust. MS is taking us down the road we are already headed. One day movie theaters will be obsolete and the new release will come right to your home, on your Xbox. There will be tons of opportunities that will come along and all will be taken granted for eventually just like our cell phone cameras. Technology is here to make our lives easier and the new X1 is something I want. I won't use every feature but it will be there if I want to.
KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KD-80
[QUOTE="KD-80"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

Videodogg

I am not a gamer who is willing to pay for crap i dont want when i can get better experience somewhere else. Oh yeah, the PS Eye has proven itself to be very functional in games, the Kinect is a abomination and insult to gamers. The Eye is not required for the PS4 to operate.

The hardware is almost identical yet you know it will be crap even without seeing a large part of the games? I have a feeling you had no intention of getting the console regardless of what they said tbh. Sony has proved nothing about being a good/better experience. Just because they have not told you about stuff yet doesn't mean its not there. All they have added to their psn of note is what Live already had. From my psn experience on pS3 Sony are the worst at running online gaming and chucking cloud in there will only give them more technical distractions for them to muck up.
KD-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KD-80
I see a ton of over reacting. Did you complain when your phone came with a camera and doubled as a music player? This is what technology is. If you don't have the next big idea or take a risk, you could get left in the dust. MS is taking us down the road we are already headed. One day movie theaters will be obsolete and the new release will come right to your home, on your Xbox. There will be tons of opportunities that will come along and all will be taken granted for eventually just like our cell phone cameras. Technology is here to make our lives easier and the new X1 is something I want. I won't use every feature but it will be there if I want to.FoxbatAlpha
Exactly and people didn't trust this at first as far as can recall. Same with webcams and other technology changes. If your worry is cost, remember how much more expensive the PS3 was to 360 and also note Sony will be bunging their PSEYE in the box too so expect to pay for theirs also. Kinect 2.0 can be turned off it has now been confirmed. They are doing a u-turn on DRM now too. So now whats the issue??? sure some will find {or hunt} for summet desperate to ridicule
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
I think people need to wait to see what the system can do. Everybody is complaining about the entertainment and social aspects of the console, which can be easily ignored, or the rumors of the used-game fee (Which is a RUMOR). Ive seen people even complaining that they cant take their games to their friends house and play. Yes, you can, use your account.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

IMAHAPYHIPPO
Yes. Fan boys are taking shots, idiots are listening to fan boys, idiots are forgetting the XB1 will still play games along with TV and Netflix and the Kinect.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lulekani
I think people need to wait to see what the system can do. Everybody is complaining about the entertainment and social aspects of the console, which can be easily ignored, or the rumors of the used-game fee (Which is a RUMOR). Ive seen people even complaining that they cant take their games to their friends house and play. Yes, you can, use your account. Spartan_N7
Tried that with the 360, it doesn't even work properly, plus only the profile that owns the product can use it, unless you down load the license thingy.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan_N7
[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]I think people need to wait to see what the system can do. Everybody is complaining about the entertainment and social aspects of the console, which can be easily ignored, or the rumors of the used-game fee (Which is a RUMOR). Ive seen people even complaining that they cant take their games to their friends house and play. Yes, you can, use your account. Lulekani
Tried that with the 360, it doesn't even work properly, plus only the profile that owns the product can use it, unless you down load the license thingy.

Tried what? Ignoring the entertainment and social features on the 360? If so, youre doing it wrong then. As far as license rights go, this is how it works; My wife and I will each have a profile on our Xbox One. I'll be the license holder of most, if not all, of the games we buy. How can she play it on her profile? I would go into the parental controls and turn her ability to play said games on her profile, without the primary license or a used game fee. If my friend wants to play it? Sure, he could play it on his Xbox One if I wanted to take it over to him. Only thing is, he would have to be signed in on my profile to play. If he wanted to play on his own profile, then yes, he would be required to purchase the pre-owned fee. Why? It's a different Xbox One. It's really not that hard to understand. Everybody hears 1 thing and they run with it, even though most of it is wrong.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulekani
[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]I think people need to wait to see what the system can do. Everybody is complaining about the entertainment and social aspects of the console, which can be easily ignored, or the rumors of the used-game fee (Which is a RUMOR). Ive seen people even complaining that they cant take their games to their friends house and play. Yes, you can, use your account. Spartan_N7

Tried what? Ignoring the entertainment and social features on the 360? If so, youre doing it wrong then. As far as license rights go, this is how it works; My wife and I will each have a profile on our Xbox One. I'll be the license holder of most, if not all, of the games we buy. How can she play it on her profile? I would go into the parental controls and turn her ability to play said games on her profile, without the primary license or a used game fee. If my friend wants to play it? Sure, he could play it on his Xbox One if I wanted to take it over to him. Only thing is, he would have to be signed in on my profile to play. If he wanted to play on his own profile, then yes, he would be required to purchase the pre-owned fee. Why? It's a different Xbox One. It's really not that hard to understand. Everybody hears 1 thing and they run with it, even though most of it is wrong.

No ! Me and my brother tried using his profile on my Xbox earlier this year and after downloading some of his arcade titles to my xbox they appear and run as demos EVEN ON HIS PROFILE (sometimes it worked when we were on XBL but never worked offline) it was a complete waste of time and money. Thats Microsoft for ya.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

Idk we will haveto wait and see!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Yes, people are. But after the reveal debacle I went from "Xbox One is my default buy" to "PS4 is my default buy".
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Spartan_N7
[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"][QUOTE="Lulekani"] Tried that with the 360, it doesn't even work properly, plus only the profile that owns the product can use it, unless you down load the license thingy.Lulekani

No ! Me and my brother tried using his profile on my Xbox earlier this year and after downloading some of his arcade titles to my xbox they appear and run as demos EVEN ON HIS PROFILE (sometimes it worked when we were on XBL but never worked offline) it was a complete waste of time and money. Thats Microsoft for ya.

Im still not clear on what you mean, friend. Ive downloaded the expansions for Skyrim on my profile and my wife has no problem playing them on hers. Same with RE4 Arcade title.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I know i wont be getting it because microsoft are not concentrating on the games there more interested in turning the console into a cable and kinect box and that doesn't interest me one bit.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lulekani
[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"][QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="Spartan_N7"] Tried what? Ignoring the entertainment and social features on the 360? If so, youre doing it wrong then. As far as license rights go, this is how it works; My wife and I will each have a profile on our Xbox One. I'll be the license holder of most, if not all, of the games we buy. How can she play it on her profile? I would go into the parental controls and turn her ability to play said games on her profile, without the primary license or a used game fee. If my friend wants to play it? Sure, he could play it on his Xbox One if I wanted to take it over to him. Only thing is, he would have to be signed in on my profile to play. If he wanted to play on his own profile, then yes, he would be required to purchase the pre-owned fee. Why? It's a different Xbox One. It's really not that hard to understand. Everybody hears 1 thing and they run with it, even though most of it is wrong.

Im still not clear on what you mean, friend. Ive downloaded the expansions for Skyrim on my profile and my wife has no problem playing them on hers. Same with RE4 Arcade title.

yeah, that makes sense, but my scenario involves 2 consoles, not one.