Anyone else excited about the 360 install feature?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tm0054

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tm0054
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts

I can't wait to be able to install games on my hard drive - faster loading times and more importantly no sound from the 360's DVD drive! It'll be like playing the game on a PC. Of course storage is an issue, but luckily I have an Elite.

http://gizmodo.com/5025052/xbox-360-to-play-full-games-directly-off-the-hard-drive

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
It seems like a logical diversion to coverup for the noisy DVD drive, but I'll likely never use it as I have a 20Gb HDD and never plan to upgrade given Microsoft's horrid prices.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

It is stupid that the DVD player is SO LOUD, but I'll take over nothing at all.

I'm not however going to buy a new disk drive at those prices.

JeremyMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JeremyMGS
Member since 2002 • 3522 Posts

It seems like a logical diversion to coverup for the noisy DVD drive, but I'll likely never use it as I have a 20Gb HDD and never plan to upgrade given Microsoft's horrid prices.Large_Soda

Couldn't have said it better. I only have 8 GB left...not going to get me very far since I like d/l songs for Rockband and if Fallout is anything like Oblivian I will have a GB worth of data. I don't want to pay more for a new HDD!

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

http://gizmodo.com/5025052/xbox-360-to-play-full-games-directly-off-the-hard-drive

Thanks for the link.

xX-General-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xX-General-Xx
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts
Not really excited about it, but I guess it could come in handy.
Darcstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darcstudios
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts
yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)
xX-General-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xX-General-Xx
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)Darcstudios

I think that the disk will still has to be in the drive when you are playing to varify that it's your game.

VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts

as long as there is an option

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Its a cool idea imo. I won't use it for every game but i will use it for games i play alot for the quicker load times a la Halo 3 or Gears 2.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="Darcstudios"]yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)xX-General-Xx

I think that the disk will still has to be in the drive when you are playing to varify that it's your game.

I think it plays the game directly off the HDD so to me that says you don't need the disc.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Not really, since i've got a 20 GB.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I might have to get a larger HDD in order to fully utilize this feature, something I'm unlikely to do, unfortunately.
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i'm fine without it.
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
[QUOTE="xX-General-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Darcstudios"]yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)sirk1264

I think it plays the game directly off the HDD so to me that says you don't need the disc.

No, you need the disc. Just like most PC games. It's all about that pesky little thing called piracy.
Original_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Original_Kid
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Nah, they said u have to have da disc n to play still
silostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silostrike
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="xX-General-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Darcstudios"]yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)sirk1264

try reading the article
Darcstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darcstudios
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts
[QUOTE="sirk1264"][QUOTE="xX-General-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Darcstudios"]yea its pretty good ill have to buy the 120gb HDD tho (launch system) having to have the disk in the drive is kinda annoying because i was hopeing to put all my disks away really. they could get around it by you haveing to put in a serial number from the game, which is unique to that game so that it wont work as an install for any other console. unless you release the game from your console(in case of wanting to sell the game again) if it was put in another console as an installed game you would get a promt on the 1st console to varify you have the game to play by placeing the disk in the 360(not straight away just when you want to play the game)silostrike

try reading the article

yup, i knew you needed the disk all i was saying was they could use a serial code system to know you have the disk per xbox360.
AireeeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AireeeZ
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
I think it will be a nice feature although i only have a 20gb right now, and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.