Anyone else burnt out on FPS'?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beau_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 beau_x
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I think I'm gonig to take a break from shooters, maybe indefinitely, as each new FPS seems like a derivative of the one before it. They all seem to copy off of one another. I'm starting to get the feeling that once you've played one, you've played them all. Anyone else feel this way?

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Kinda. I still want to play Halo: Reach and Portal 2 (not really an FPS) but other than those two games, there aren't any upcoming FPS I'm interested in.
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I am sick and tired of all the conventional FPS games like Halo, CoD, BC, and so on. I will still pick up Reach for forge though. Gotta have my race tracks and stupid game modes like duck hunt. And I still play TF2 all the time.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Yeah sorta the last shooter I played was bc2 will probably play ghost recon though
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#5 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Well, I still enjoy. I just got tired of games like CoD. Typical war games. I'm looking forward to Reach.
Mr-Gingersnaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Mr-Gingersnaps
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts

yes i had to take a huge break from them a month or so ago. i went out and got some games like afro samurai and games like that. and to get back into fps's i had to start off with games like timeshift where there is something a little extra to it like the time thing.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
No but I don't play a bunch of them, a FPS is still sort of a rare thing for me to pick up. I don't run out and buy every CoD, BC, GR etc. actually I don't buy any. The FPS genre hasn't seen any actually innovation in like a decade, if you buy all of these things with no real changes though, I can see how you would be burnt out on it.
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

...and that my friends, is why you blend your gaming genre preferences. You get sick of anything eventually and you definitally don't wan't to be sick of it for good.

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Nope. Not at all.

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

The following is taken from my post in a similair thread

"FPS will soon (hopefully) slow down, they have only "been huge since 1993" because that was the year of DOOM. Which if you boil down any fps out there today from then until now it is the exact same game. Even if they don't slow down it wont matter to me because i'm not wasting any more money on the same game I've been playing for around 8 years now. Hilariously enough Doom is still better then most FPS out there today as well as it at least made you think from time to time to solve certain puzzles or switch combinations.

Personally I am sick and tired of it, even if Doom one of the greatest games of all time started it, it needs to stop. I would like to see more innovation in games regardless of what it is or which direction (tho I'm not that fond of the motion controlled garbage thats out there these days either) but i am definitely sick of seeing, modern combat this, ghost warrior that, future war bad company blah blah blah so on and so forth. Every one is exactly the same as before it and like i say, then can all easily be traced back to 1993 and for good reason. Am i the only one sick of living in the 90's?"

Thats the way i see it, and yes, you might say I'm overly burnt out on fps's, thankfully I do play an enormous variation of games so theres still plenty out there to keep me occupied.

The other thing i find upsetting is that its presenting a real lack of original ideas. The guys working on battlefield bad company 2 decided their "New" expansion for the game would be battlefield Vietnam, a game that came out years ago on PC (look it up no joke) I'm really tired of saying been there played that, wheres the innovation nowadays!?

Maxmus050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maxmus050
Member since 2009 • 1248 Posts

its just sad that FPS on the xbox 360 take all the community.

And race / fighting games having a hard time.
Since 70% is playing either call of duty or halo games.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

i feel ya on it.

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts
I am not sick of the actual games but I am very sick of all the talk about them all the time. It seems that those are the games to play, those are always the first to be in the spotlight. I find it very annoying to see my xbox magazine cover swarmed in Halo, Call of Duty, or Gears, although I do love Gears and COD. They are just very overrated, and the hardcore shooter fanatics tend to think those are the only games that matter. I just say that we should try out all game genres and respect other gamers as well. I get what you mean by the way, they need to jazz it up a bit, and make some FPSs a little different from eachother. They all tend to come out the same.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I've hardly played any FPS's this year. I played a few games of Halo 3 earlier this week and I played a little bit of Bioshock 2 a few weeks ago. That's been it since January. I played Modern Warfare 2 in January. I hated MW2 that much, I think it's made me not want to play an FPS ever again. MW2 was a steaming, smelly pile of crap.
XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Kinda. I still play Halo 3, and thats still the funnest FPS by today, which all my FPS games are boring as heck to play now. However, I am a bit burnt out of FPS gaming though, but that won't stop me from buying Halo: Reach.