Anybody Else Dissapointed With GTA 4???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_-B_Smooth-_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _-B_Smooth-_
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I really dont like the fact im using that russian guy as the main character..

i wanted to be able to customize my guy like in Saints Row....Saints is one of my favorite games ever and 75% of the fun for me was customizing my guy and making him look exactly how i wanted....going shopping at the stores trying to make my guy look Gangster....or making a Mafia Man looking guy..

i just cant picture running around as some russian guy in new york being any fun...i liked the italian mob thing, i like the black gangster thing...but what the hell can this guy be?? I just dont like the idea...

i dont know why, its just the idea doesnt seem right to me....

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
How do you know character customization won't be available... and the better question, how can you be dissapointed of a game that isn't even out yet?
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
I'd wait till more solid info is out before writing the game off...
_-B_Smooth-_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _-B_Smooth-_
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

How do you know character customization won't be available... and the better question, how can you be dissapointed of a game that isn't even out yet?gp19

the basic idea.....as i said...i liked customizing my guy....buying clothes was only 50% of customizing...in Saints i had a whole bunch of guys...I had one that looked liked Wesley Snipes, Chuck Norris, Ali G, Tony Montana...in GTA im stuck using that russian guy.....and i cant picture customizing him being any fun... 

yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
the fact that there is one protagnoist to control tells you that the game will have a large emphasis on story. This is always a good thing.
menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

How do you know character customization won't be available... and the better question, how can you be dissapointed of a game that isn't even out yet?gp19

And an even better question....why does it matter that the guy is "russian"?????  If the game is done well, and offers alot of next gen features, then the nationality of the main character REALLY doesnt matter.  Also, Im sure the story is gonna be really good, and I suppose that in order for the story, as they wrote it, to work the character has to be "russian".  And another question yet, since when did Eastern European equate to Russian??  Judging by the character model, the guy is probably a Serb...not a Slav.  Of course, he probably doesnt know the difference.  That would be perfect considering GTAs history of being controversial....making a foreign muslim in NY the main character would definitely get some people asking questions (my guess is that they pulled the planes from the game because they realized it might be a tad too much).  If you ask me, sounds pretty sweet. 

Serra86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serra86
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'd wait till more solid info is out before writing the game off...-Zaku-

yea jus wait. Its rockstar we're talking about here. i'm sure they wun disappoint us, they nv had. 

NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts
It's smaller than San Andreas, which won't be too good. At least there will probably be more sights to see though, and less open expanses that there were in SA.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
How can you say "What will he bge" after naming off the gangsta and mob stuf....have you never heard of the russian mafia?  Trading guns, extorting businesses, killing anyone (including cops) who try to sellthem out, helping asian immigrant cargo ships get into the country.  They do lots that is prefect for GTA
Deyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deyee
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

the basic idea.....as i said...i liked customizing my guy....buying clothes was only 50% of customizing..._-B_Smooth-_

Are you a girl? Seriously, sounds like you should be playing Sims or something.

Yes, customization in Saints Row was an awesome and novel/great idea, BUT because there's an engrossing storyline BEHIND the GTA Protagonist, Rockstar has to give him an identity/background/stuff.

In Saints Row, you're just a random guy off the street. That's very much different from GTA IV.

If you're that disappointed with it then you'll just have to wait for a Saint's Row sequel. 

Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts
holly crap man you people need to get a %^$#$% life, we don't even know anything about the game and there are already people whining and complaining.
madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
holly crap man you people need to get a %^$#$% life, we don't even know anything about the game and there are already people whining and complaining. Muhannad_basic
it's hopeless. don't bother.
ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
im not disappointed at all
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
i dont see how. It's not even out.
Shinobi2201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shinobi2201
Member since 2005 • 82 Posts
Not much known about it to be dissapointed and having a problem with being a russian is as stupid as the people that complained about CJ  being black.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

GTA never had customization and GTA IV will be no different. It's like saying Halo 3 will have customiztion. 

Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

Not much known about it to be dissapointed and having a problem with being a russian is as stupid as the people that complained about CJ being black.Shinobi2201

You have to admit, the guy isn't as cool looking as previous characters. 

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
There's only been one trailer for the game how can you already be dissapointed :|
Tha_lazyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tha_lazyboi
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobi2201"]Not much known about it to be dissapointed and having a problem with being a russian is as stupid as the people that complained about CJ being black.Berserker_2

You have to admit, the guy isn't as cool looking as previous characters. 

lol "cool looking" how about u give him a backwards cap and sunglasses.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

[QUOTE="gp19"]How do you know character customization won't be available... and the better question, how can you be dissapointed of a game that isn't even out yet?Berserker_2

GTA never had customization and GTA IV will be no different. It's like saying Halo 3 will have customiztion. 

san andres had limited customization 

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
i don't think there will ever be a better character in GTA than Tommy Vercetti.  His personality and his body language fits perfectly with the story.  CJ was a typical character, same with "the guy" from GTA3.  Then the characters just got really dull on the PSP.   In GTA4...the character looks boring as well...but i guess i can't judge fully until we play it.  Why couldn't they have used Asuka (Yakuza) from GTA3, atleast we can have our first female lead character. Too bad.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
If that guy in the trailer is the player character I'll be stoked. I wanna be the mad Russian.
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

Now keeping in mind that not much is known about the game at this time... I'm really dispointed that it seems they are using liberty city again (and possibly vice city). I want a new locale not the same crap again. GTA has been slowly dying for me with all these iterations. Seems they have no real interest in bringing anything new to the table, just the same old same old.  I do hope they prove me wrong, but so far I have not been impressed.

By locking the main character type (ie not player created) the story is far easier to develop and present. That is of course in the hope that the story doesn't suck, but I suppose time will tell. 

So far I'm giving this one a pass, unless they can really bring something new and unique to the table. 

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
Saints Row was a wanna-be "gangstaaaaaaa" white boy game. Everyone in that game looked like clowns.
eXor512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 eXor512
Member since 2006 • 3384 Posts
I'm so glad the way the game is going. I'm sick of being a meangingless gang banger who has some stupid story about drugs. I'm sick of being in the mafia. This game is going to be awesome with the European/Russian story will be great and have a lot of depth. You won't be trying to get a record deal in the story like in San Andreas...which was the most stupid thing ever.