any way to fix a loose analog stick?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
My left analog stick on my wired controller is kind of loose... it's not really noticable at all, but if I move it to the left, sometimes it doesn't come back all the way, so it drifts to the left a little bit. I have a wireless controller, but I don't like changing batteries.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to buy another wired controller? They are expensive :(
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
well does it make games unplayable? if not then just get used to it, with enough practice you may not even notice it anymore! as for fixing IDK.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
In most games it isn't a problem, but when I played rainbow six vegas and I took cover behind a wall, the stick made me drift to the left and out of cover, which is very bad obviously... that's the first time I noticed it
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

In most games it isn't a problem, but when I played rainbow six vegas and I took cover behind a wall, the stick made me drift to the left and out of cover, which is very bad obviously... that's the first time I noticed itag1002

hmm... well could you stop the stick from moving your character? i mean if you can hold the stick in place and not pres it in or anything then it shouldn'e be an issue. but then again in most games your constantly moving so keep playing with it and see if its a big hasle or not then either use that wireless one you have or buy another wired one.

SirFatalChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SirFatalChaos
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

My left analog stick on my wired controller is kind of loose... it's not really noticable at all, but if I move it to the left, sometimes it doesn't come back all the way, so it drifts to the left a little bit. I have a wireless controller, but I don't like changing batteries.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I have to buy another wired controller? They are expensive :(ag1002

This is an amazing trick I learned on how to fix an analog stick. You buy a new controller.

the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 the_GUNN_man
Member since 2003 • 2717 Posts
Go to Best Buy and buy a new controller and buy the protection plan. Then a couple days later return the old one and then for about $48 you will have 2 new controllers.
MisterEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 MisterEgo
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
Yeah, there's not really any way to fix a loose analog stick, and it just keeps getting worse and worse the more you play it. Just buy a new one.
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

If you want to tinker, try to get a broken controller from a flea market and open your controller and manually replace the analog stick.

And to avoid all those trouble, just save up and buy a new controller.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Gunnman, you're crooked. Smart idea though. lol If you dont want to go the Gunnman route, just buy a new one. Save yourself the headache and all that trouble. Shell out the $50 bucks and what not and enjoy some peace of mind. Throw the broken one out the window or recycle it. Your choice.
mjl259

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 mjl259
Member since 2004 • 60 Posts

YOUR #1 SOLUTION = Spend $20.00 and buy the play and charge kit for your wireless controller. No mroe batteries to worry about and it recharges with a cord the plugs into the USB port on the console (yaaaaay). The pack lasts longer than any AAs ive used too. (yaaaaaaay)

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

if you bogyuht your 360 less then year ago call microsft they replace it

they replaced my controlor when the left stick did not work every time (when you click it didnt work always )

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

YOUR #1 SOLUTION = Spend $20.00 and buy the play and charge kit for your wireless controller. No mroe batteries to worry about and it recharges with a cord the plugs into the USB port on the console (yaaaaay). The pack lasts longer than any AAs ive used too. (yaaaaaaay)

mjl259

umm ooooookkkkkkk how's this gonna fix his proplem?? noob learn how read

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="mjl259"]

k2theswiss

umm ooooookkkkkkk how's this gonna fix his proplem?? noob learn how read

The author said he didnt like changing batteries. There's actually two problems in this thread.