Any way to email xbox a formal complaint?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mopeyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mopeyking
Member since 2004 • 356 Posts

I wanted to send this in there little survey...about my recent call, but limit on amount of characters...Yes i was angry and wrote it hastily and i am posting it now out of mere frustration. Why is customer service always a joke :| ?

Sure, I will give you a suggestion on how to improve your bloody service. How about you add an option to toggle automatic subscription renewal off and save me a 20-minute call to Xbox support. O wait apparently you did have the feature but decided to get rid of it for the sole purpose to waste my bloody time??? Or to perhaps nickel and dime new customers to Xbox-live who opt to try Xbox gold for a month…only to find out that they have to call you to get it to stop taking money out of their account. I do not quite see the logic in it, but I will also detest the fact that I have to explain why I am cancelling Xbox-live. I find it rather intrusive, I am a student who is tight on money this month, because I went and bought a new TV and have not been paid on time, so I rather not get hit by $59.99 charge right now-especially since I am not using Xbox-live all that much at the moment. I fully intended to renew come September. I find it simply atrocious that I have to call to do something that use to be instant and then to have to explain myself!

Also talk about a waste of resources; I have had issues with Xbox in the past, namely that my hard drive somehow was corrupted/lost all my saved games and I was tossed back and forth in your system for weeks… Took forever to get resolved and still was not to my satisfaction because even after you replaced my hard-drive for free of course you sent me the wrong one first…you wanted to charge me $11 for a transfer kit! I refused to pay out of principal that it was not my fault, my hard-drive became corrupted/was told that was a virus sent to me over Xbox-live. Therefore, even if I spent that $11 to save my 40+hours of Fallout…it could have potentially wreaked my new hard-drive and I would have been subjected to even more excruciation from your so-called customer support/escalation of calls…15 different reference numbers. I even went so far as to try different service providers by your instructions and you had the audacity to want to charge me for a transfer kit!!! You know it is your loss, I would have bought all the fallout expansions and got the new fallout/its expansions…, which in the end would have, net you more than $11 if I could have had my saved game back.

So it distresses that having to go through all that^ wait on the line forever… that you choose to waste your resources on forcing people to call you to do something that they should be able to do instantly on their own. Instead, you choose to put more pressure on your lines= longer wait times, when people have real pressing issues at hand. I rather you put more effort in being able to correct real issues… Waste of people/resources… my time to do what you seem to be doing. So no, I will not recommend Xbox-live or Xbox in general to other people.

Ps. I am also aware of the irony of complaining about a 20-minute call and taking the time to write this ;)

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Sure, I will give you a suggestion on how to improve your bloody service. How about you add an option to toggle automatic subscription renewal off and save me a 20-minute call to Xbox support.

mopeyking

You can. :|

Just login to Xbox.com and you select to turn it off or on.

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

you can try emailing directly to microsoft on their website but any attempt is pretty bad. MS seems to have made it extremely difficult to make a formal complaint to them. I know it sucks because i had a similar complaint with them and all i got was the run around and no one to help me. So my advice is to just give up because it's a very small chance you'll get what your looking for.

Tomemogus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tomemogus
Member since 2010 • 245 Posts

[QUOTE="mopeyking"]

Sure, I will give you a suggestion on how to improve your bloody service. How about you add an option to toggle automatic subscription renewal off and save me a 20-minute call to Xbox support.

Steameffekt

tehee I did this just yesterday

mopeyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mopeyking

[QUOTE="mopeyking"]

Steameffekt

Honestly when i logged in to Xbox.com and went to my status and account... where it says on ---> i know you should be able to click it to toggle off. It however would not do so, I looked online for possible answers, other people seem to have similar problem so http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1265957 so i assumed they had disabled that option. I dreaded phoning them, so i looked around even clicked a youtube video on how to do it and ----> simply can not click the On to toggle it off. Looked for an alternative on the site...to no avail, so i phoned them... Now i am not as hot headed as i appear to be, treat all the customer support people with curtsy and respect, for the most part they are helpful...just really uncoordinated most likely due to the fact that they are probably contracted out and thus have nothing really to do with Msoft... half the time they have no idea what i am talking about either... i just wish there was a proper avenue for my complaints to be heard. Any way after writing the thing lol calmed down and given up..... but really people should not be treated like this or subjected to this type of service/especially when they are paying for it. As an angry customer i feel that they should take me seriously...correct the issue or very least...streamline it for others, but not to even listen is a slap in the face.

Also I have no idea^ how you were able to do it yesterday Tomemogus... envious, just to go through all those security questions is quite painfull after my experince with xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts

I just turned off my automatic subscription a couple days ago because it expires today and I didn't want to get charged. Not sure why it didn't work for you but I've done it many times without any problem.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

I just turned off my automatic subscription a couple days ago because it expires today and I didn't want to get charged. Not sure why it didn't work for you but I've done it many times without any problem.

dahwnpapaya
Same here.
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

Perhaps you can only disable it on your 360 BEFORE they try to take payment.

But count yourselves lucky, in the UK, we don't even have that, it's just phone them to disable your card details, which is why I highly doubt I'd ever use my card for Gold, EVER.

mopeyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mopeyking

Well thats odd^ only thing i can think of is that i am Canadian and thus my account might not have same level of features...makes no sense but meh

mopeyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mopeyking

Perhaps you can only disable it on your 360 BEFORE they try to take payment.

But count yourselves lucky, in the UK, we don't even have that, it's just phone them to disable your card details, which is why I highly doubt I'd ever use my card for Gold, EVER.

cain19822004

Ahh i just posted before i saw this, purhaps i am in a similar boat on this one ;)

jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

I buy the pre paid cards, not much hassle going down to a shop and picking it up, keeps me away from talking to the joke thats called, "customer support"

mopeyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mopeyking

I buy the pre paid cards, not much hassle going down to a shop and picking it up, keeps me away from talking to the joke thats called, "customer support"

jackelzx

I think i might to that from now on... found another thread http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27382393&page=0 seems to confirm the option to toggle subscription off an on is not available if your account is not a US one... So Msoft never took away the feature from me, they never had it in the first place :o I don't know if i should be more mad or not? Was worried i was not diligent enough in finding the feature, so i am relieved I am not loony...even if my money is (yes bad joke) Canadian dollar is a lonie, get it?

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

Keep your eyes peeled on Amazon and such, they have pre-paid cards on there cheaper than retail price, and you can sometimes find 12+1 month cards, and when Halo: Reach comes out, there'll be a 12+2 month card available.