Any reason to buy GTA IV new?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

Hey guys, quick question

Is there any reason to buy GTA IV new? I'm kind of paranoid about buying used games now after things such as GoW2 getting a map pack etc.

Also I guess I should hold off before buying TL&TD, as there's another DLC coming out that I read is being bundled with TL&TD (won't save me money, but it'll save me disc space)

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#2 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i think you need to grow unparanoid of used games. i buy em ALL the time and ive never had a problem. unless the price difference is only a few dollars, you should just buy it used. i know gamecrazy had GTA used for $26 which is a good deal. Also, ive actually experienced more problems with new games (laser burned games) in the past while none with used
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Just buy it used like I recently did and save yourself the money. maybe put it towards a second used game.
chipie7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chipie7896
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

i think you need to grow unparanoid of used games. i buy em ALL the time and ive never had a problem. unless the price difference is only a few dollars, you should just buy it used. i know gamecrazy had GTA used for $26 which is a good deal. Also, ive actually experienced more problems with new games (laser burned games) in the past while none with usedMaddenBowler10

He meant as far as content. Such as the map pack code for gears 2. There is nothing to worry about gta 4. You are good to go.

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts
Bought mine for $14 at Blockbuster, works great! .
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jordo321
I don't really have anything against the games being USED per se, it's the fact that I don't know if I'm losing any exclusive content you can only get with a code when bought new If I bought GoW2 used I'd be a little pissed having no way to get that map pack unless I bought the game again, just wondering if GTA IV had anything like this as it's a pretty high profile game
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jordo321

[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"]i think you need to grow unparanoid of used games. i buy em ALL the time and ive never had a problem. unless the price difference is only a few dollars, you should just buy it used. i know gamecrazy had GTA used for $26 which is a good deal. Also, ive actually experienced more problems with new games (laser burned games) in the past while none with usedchipie7896

He meant as far as content. Such as the map pack code for gears 2. There is nothing to worry about gta 4. You are good to go.

Ah, thanks man. Just what I was lookin for I should've emphasized the content issue a little more in the opening post
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
There is no content difference. If there isn't much of a price difference, I'd buy it new though.
DarkSacoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkSacoura
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts

Buy it new to support the publisher/developer. Not that Take 2 needs it exactly...

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I've seen GTAIV for $30 new at places like Target, which is an excellent price for an excellent game. I think even that price for it used would be a good deal.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jordo321
Unfortunately us canadians get kinda screwed. Just called EB (canadian gamestop) and I can buy it used for 39.99CAD, or buy it new for 49.99 Now I'm kind of at a dilemma, as GTAIV has been out for awhile, I have no idea if the price is suddenly gonna drop once the new DLC comes out as well. Arrrg
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Buy it used. Its a very frustrating game with no mission checkpoints.
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 II-FBIsniper-II
Buy it used. Its a very frustrating game with no mission checkpoints.Justinge3
I didn't find it frustrating at all and I've played it for 100+ hours. Just remember to take missions slowly and go into each one prepared (armor, full health, ammo, etc).
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

get saints row 2 if u dont have it--its more like the old gta games

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
[QUOTE="Justinge3"]Buy it used. Its a very frustrating game with no mission checkpoints.II-FBIsniper-II
I didn't find it frustrating at all and I've played it for 100+ hours. Just remember to take missions slowly and go into each one prepared (armor, full health, ammo, etc).

Than any tips on the snow storm level?
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 II-FBIsniper-II
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="Justinge3"]Buy it used. Its a very frustrating game with no mission checkpoints.Justinge3

Than any tips on the snow storm level?

I'm assuming that you are talking about the escape from the hospital part. I personally didn't have any trouble using the truck in the front and just driving past the police, but you can make it even easier by using the boat that is nearby. Edit: Here's a video walkthrough
Midders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Midders
Member since 2008 • 240 Posts

Buy it used. Its a very frustrating game with no mission checkpoints.Justinge3

The missions are all short anyway, checkpoints would be interruptive and unnecessary.

t0g511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 t0g511
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

This in my opinion is one of my top games like up there with Assasins Creed, Bioshock, Halo 3, and COD5:WAW. The innovation this game has brought on the xbox 360 such as the one leg on one leg off the curb just makes it a must have in a real gamers collection. BUY IT!!!!

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

i think you need to grow unparanoid of used games. i buy em ALL the time and ive never had a problem. unless the price difference is only a few dollars, you should just buy it used. i know gamecrazy had GTA used for $26 which is a good deal. Also, ive actually experienced more problems with new games (laser burned games) in the past while none with usedMaddenBowler10

Yeah, he's right.

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
9 out of the 10 last games I bought have been used games and I've had no prblems what so ever, so you have no reason to be paranoid when it comes to used games. and no, there really isn't any any reason to buy gta 4 new when you can get a used copy much cheaper. . . but you should get the game, it's great, a little repetetive but over all it's great.
Jaidyn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaidyn1
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

Used games are no different then new games, but they may have some scraches!