any point of still getting oblivion? plz read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for noscopeheadshot
noscopeheadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 noscopeheadshot
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

okay so i have mass effect and i love it so far and i need another rpg i just cant wait so should i get oblivion

even tho its a year old game? pls answer and give resons pls thx in advance

ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
i just bought my copy last week. Its a great game..i just started it to play since i am not gettin any other games till christmas and i know it will last me to then. get it..its a must have...
noscopeheadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 noscopeheadshot

i just bought my copy last week. Its a great game..i just started it to play since i am not gettin any other games till christmas and i know it will last me to then. get it..its a must have...ianp_91

anything else i should know before i shud buy it?

Avatar image for Silentwarrior27
Silentwarrior27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silentwarrior27
Member since 2005 • 357 Posts
Hell that game might be a year old but it is still an awesome game, And i would recommend getting the GOTY edition.
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
well if ur wanting to know if u would like it..i recommend renting it first. Some people love it but some people hate it. It just depends on ur style. Its an open ended rpg..u can do really anything u want in it. If u do get it..i would warn u that once u get into the open world....u will literally be over whelmed and not know where to go. I was and i started to get worried that i would draw away from this game ...but once u look up some walk throughs and what to do and stuff..u start to get into it alot. I have to at least play 2-3 hour sittings because of soo much to do..
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts

u can do really anything u want in it.ianp_91

I kinda disagree, you might be confusing Oblivion with Morrowind.

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

[QUOTE="ianp_91"]u can do really anything u want in it.Pit_italy

its a free roam game....i think hes right except with the guards in the way. but u can still do anything u want.

noscopeheadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 noscopeheadshot

well if ur wanting to know if u would like it..i recommend renting it first. Some people love it but some people hate it. It just depends on ur style. Its an open ended rpg..u can do really anything u want in it. If u do get it..i would warn u that once u get into the open world....u will literally be over whelmed and not know where to go. I was and i started to get worried that i would draw away from this game ...but once u look up some walk throughs and what to do and stuff..u start to get into it alot. I have to at least play 2-3 hour sittings because of soo much to do..ianp_91

But is it exciting and fun? because ive heard its boring to play.

p.s. keep posting resons to get this game thanks

Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
Oblivion will be a great game in 5 years. If the XBOX 720 comes out, I'll get Oblivion for it. It's just that freaking awesome!!
ernelson1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#10 ernelson1976
Member since 2002 • 170 Posts

"Overwhelmed and not know where to go"?

Not in Oblivion. Sure, overwhelmed, but all your quests are listed and marked on your map. You can't possibly not know where to go. You can go anywhere. Do whatever you want. Do a quest, or just look around. It's impossible to be bored with Oblivion unless you've played for about sixty hours. The only people I know who didn't know where to go and got confused were sorted out when they saw the quest list.

Oblivion remains one of the best 360 games. If you like RPGs, you'll enjoy it. It's a solid game, with lots of customizations, lots of extras available on XBL, and will definitely keep you busy for awhile.

sinx1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 sinx1971
Member since 2003 • 4731 Posts
make your sure get the GOY edition also
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

I didn't know much about Oblivion when I bought it but sorry to say when I started getting killed alot cause I didn't know how to level up much or get stronger in the game to keep on passing the main quests and ended up not playing it anymore. But I will buy this game again next year and start from the beginning and be more careful and take easy steps and maybe buy the strategy guide. Also one of the reasons I stopped playing it was was cause my old 360 wouldn't allow me to play it. Screen froze way too damn much. But now I have a better new 360 so I would most probably play this game again.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
If you haven't played oblivion yet, don't hesitate to pick it up. It's easily one of the best RPG's that I've ever played.
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts
[QUOTE="Pit_italy"]

[QUOTE="ianp_91"]u can do really anything u want in it.pygmahia5

its a free roam game....i think hes right except with the guards in the way. but u can still do anything u want.

Oblivion is great and everything but you cannot properly say that you can do anything you want. Morrowind on the other hand gave you much more freedom. I'm talking for example of the fact that in Obilvion you cannot kill anybody you want (certain characters just cannot be killed) or for example you cannot pick certain doors if its not the right moment in the game. Both of those things were possibile in Morrowind. And those are just examples, i could come up with more but i think i made my point.

That said, Oblivion is still an awesome game and certainly deserves to be bought.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
Not to be rude but why wouldn you not get the game just because it's a year old? What's the difference (besides graphics). To answer your question yea get it it's a great game was my fav til ME. You should get the GOTY Edition it has extra quests, and weapons, and stuff.
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
So what if its over a year old? It's still an amazing game and always will be.
luke182777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 luke182777
Member since 2005 • 3070 Posts

okay so i have mass effect and i love it so far and i need another rpg i just cant wait so should i get oblivion

noscopeheadshot

oblivion was one of the best most time consuming games i have ever played. get it if you want to have absolutely no social life for about a monthish haha.

ALLstar9300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ALLstar9300
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts
oblivion is great buy it
twinsnakes91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 twinsnakes91
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts

"Overwhelmed and not know where to go"?

Not in Oblivion. Sure, overwhelmed, but all your quests are listed and marked on your map. You can't possibly not know where to go. You can go anywhere. Do whatever you want. Do a quest, or just look around. It's impossible to be bored with Oblivion unless you've played for about sixty hours. The only people I know who didn't know where to go and got confused were sorted out when they saw the quest list.

Oblivion remains one of the best 360 games. If you like RPGs, you'll enjoy it. It's a solid game, with lots of customizations, lots of extras available on XBL, and will definitely keep you busy for awhile.

ernelson1976

He meant right when you get out of the sewers for the first time. I was pretty lost too, and then when I got poisoned....

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Yeah get it, its pretty good. I've only played my roommates though when I go home for christmas I'm going to pick up the GOTY edition. Plus I need to get some RPGs. Only things I have on my xbox are shooters, football, racing, and assassins creed haha.
Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts

noscopeheadshot

Yeah go for it, definitely. I still play Oblivion all the time, even as of late. I have Mass Effect too and am enjoing it quite a bit, but Oblivion still has a LOT going for it that Mass Effect doesnt.

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

It's better for the PC. The modding community is HUGE.

But if you can't run it for the PC, then get it for the 360.

noscopeheadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 noscopeheadshot

*bump* i need more info on this game please pm would be nice

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Yes get it for sure get the GOTY version so you get all the downloadable content
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
The main campaign is short rougly 20-25 hours but the side quests will absorb hundreds of hours. The world is detailed and quite amazing. The voice acting is top notch (Patrick Stewart as the king come on?). The combat is a great improvement over Morrowind if you've ever played it. The GOTY edition comes with the first expansion pack Shivering Isles which alone is $30. Theres another downloadable one and it doesn't add to much to the game but its pretty cheap if I recall.
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I have had Oblivion since last year and still play that more than any other game (minus Mass Effect now).
gta11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 277

#28 gta11
Member since 2004 • 2663 Posts
Oblivion is one of the best games on 360 and all time, you really should get it! It's worth every dollar:P