Any opinion on Forza 5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Hey guys and gals. I picked up my Xbox One at midnight launch but haven't had the cash to buy Forza 5 atm so my question is how does the game play and look and could you post some in game footage. Does the Xbox One run Forza 5 the way that we expected or is it choppy and slow? I had only seen the demo's on PC so I'm not certain how it would run on the actual console.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Youtube is your friend.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RimacBugatti

Hey smart ass if you didn't have anything nice to say than continue playing with your blow up doll hermit.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Hey guys and gals. I picked up my Xbox One at midnight launch but haven't had the cash to buy Forza 5 atm so my question is how does the game play and look and could you post some in game footage. Does the Xbox One run Forza 5 the way that we expected or is it choppy and slow? I had only seen the demo's on PC so I'm not certain how it would run on the actual console.

Yeah, I picked up Forza 5 along with my Xbox One at the midnight launch. The game looks amazing, Forza Horizon already had the best art design I had ever seen in a video game, and while Forza 5 brings you back to the traditional race tracks and to the simulation, it easily surpasses Forza Horizon and Forza 4 in graphics, both resolution and style. The interiors of the cars are insanely detailed. It's a huge leap over the previous gen. The frame rate of the game never, and I mean never, dips. I PC game also, and I have never seen a game optimized this perfectly. Silky smooth, gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous

The game plays great too. If you are a hardcore driving simulation fan, you may find it a bit too linear at times, and you are definitely going to want to turn off all the driving assists, but the game does a good job with the A.I. since its technically not computer A.I. anymore. I was worried how that was going to work, but it works great. It's been seamless. There are times that will make you wish you had a steering wheel because I feel the steering is a bit hyper-sensitive to input, like nudge the joystick a little to the left, and if you are at a bad angle at a bad time your car will suddenly go veering off and you'll hit rewind. But other than that, damn good racing game that I've been playing non-stop.

It runs BETTER than I expected. I was expecting nice graphics and a silky smooth frame rate, but I am surprised at how fast everything loads. Loving it so far.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RimacBugatti

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I just purchased it this morning but I'm going to maybe hook it up later this week because I have to put away other gaming devices. I bought the Xbox One to play until Christmas when I open my PS4. But unfortunately other than Need for Speed PS4 doesn't have any good simulations and not until Driveclub. I'm sure Forza is going to handle better than Driveclub. Other than that I can't say for certain. I'm pumped as I wait to play it. Unfortunately my monitor is only a 24 inch at the moment. Eventually I will upgrade to a 70 inch or better. Forza 5 is what exploded the Xbox One launch. I think it may have done better than PS4 launch but not sure. Power wise Xbox lacks slightly but other than having to buy the Kinect I would not have been able to decide between the two so I had to get both. :) I never played Forza Horizon but I played Forza 4 and have to say it was by far the best racing game I have ever played. Way better than GT5. Hadn't played GT6 so can't comment on that game but Forza has some of the best gameplay in my opinion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Game is absolutely amazing. Just played a few D-class races online, so much fun with the new controller.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I just purchased it this morning but I'm going to maybe hook it up later this week because I have to put away other gaming devices. I bought the Xbox One to play until Christmas when I open my PS4. But unfortunately other than Need for Speed PS4 doesn't have any good simulations and not until Driveclub. I'm sure Forza is going to handle better than Driveclub. Other than that I can't say for certain. I'm pumped as I wait to play it. Unfortunately my monitor is only a 24 inch at the moment. Eventually I will upgrade to a 70 inch or better. Forza 5 is what exploded the Xbox One launch. I think it may have done better than PS4 launch but not sure. Power wise Xbox lacks slightly but other than having to buy the Kinect I would not have been able to decide between the two so I had to get both. :) I never played Forza Horizon but I played Forza 4 and have to say it was by far the best racing game I have ever played. Way better than GT5. Hadn't played GT6 so can't comment on that game but Forza has some of the best gameplay in my opinion.

Yeah, I gotta get GT6 next month as well.

Even though they are both racing games, there are so many differences between them it's hard to only play one over the other.

IMO, the Forza series has an overall better presentation. Like how everything seamlessly comes together from the moment you start playing the game, you don't have to take the stupid license tests and level grind through shitty ass cars like a Toyota Prius. The menus and navigation system are just more intuitive, sometimes the menus in GT5 felt as bad as the XMB. I think the soundtrack is better, the ambient jazz music gets tiring after awhile. And it also has better in-game graphics which speaks a lot for the game since Gran Turismo has always had nice graphics.

But GT is more customizable, it is super-sim which means you are either going to be spending your entire time with it or you will never like it from the beginning. Every new track and car you have to make adjustments, and early on the computer A.I. is really hard, it really takes practice. From what I remember in all my hours with GT5 online, it had an extremely hardcore following that really spent a lot of time for the game. Which can sometimes be a bad thing, cause there are times I don't want to think so hard when playing a game

Yeah, the PS4 has better graphics. Not by much, but it is noticeable. I'm glad I didn't go by the Youtube comparison videos or articles written and saw it for myself personally. But, the difference in graphics doesn't really matter, because the Xbox One graphics are so good and such a far leap over the last generation, you really don't care if there's a console out there that may have better graphics+1. What makes the Xbox One stand out are all the features. Turn on your Xbox One, and it turns your TV on as well. If you want to watch TV, you don't have to switch inputs or bother with a different controller, everything is right there with your voice and your one xbox controller. So convenient.

Plus, Ryse and Dead Rising are also awesome. Destiny isn't a PS4 exclusive, but Titanfall is an Xbox One exclusive!!! Can't wait

ankor77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ankor77
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Game is buttery smooth. I really enjoy the dynamic element the drivatar system brings. I also like that when I log in it tells me how many credits my drivatar earned while I was away. I still want NFS as well even tho its as far from a Sim racer as you can get. I enjoy fast paced game when you can wreck and lose everything at any moment

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RimacBugatti

Hell yeah that sounds great. I agree Forza you can just jump right in and GT5 was frustrating with all of those licenses and test courses. But seeing a game like Forza proves that Xbox One can produce amazing graphics although it may take a little more effort than PS4 but it can be done. And seeing a game like Dead Rising 3 we see that xbox One can also multitask quite well. I'm also getting Need for Speed on PS4 as we await Driveclub. :) Did you do a full install with Forza 5 and if so did you notice a difference before the full install? And with the full install does it run cooler as was the case with 360?

dark_rising76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dark_rising76
Member since 2010 • 1300 Posts

Only downside to the game is that it has 50% less cars than Forza 4 and alot less tracks to drive on. You don't really earn cars like you do in the other games, you actually have to buy them with currency that you earn in races. There's even dlc contents that you can buy cars (thanks to Microsoft for being sneaky). Other than that it looks great.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

+1 to everything @dbtbandit69 said in his/her first post.

Only downside to the game, IMO, is the drivatars. I have a few that are right pricks and are forcing me to drive like I'm in an arcade racer instead of a racing sim game. Would be nice if ythey set up time trials and overtaking courses to laearn how you drive rather than just sucking the content out of real races. Clever idea but my Drivatar now drives like a douchebag because I have to drive like that to avoid being written off at turn 1 by other peoples... does that make sense?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RimacBugatti

So basically the game looks a lot better but overall it isn't a better game. Oh well it is what it is.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@Chickan_117 said:

+1 to everything @dbtbandit69 said in his/her first post.

Only downside to the game, IMO, is the drivatars. I have a few that are right pricks and are forcing me to drive like I'm in an arcade racer instead of a racing sim game. Would be nice if ythey set up time trials and overtaking courses to laearn how you drive rather than just sucking the content out of real races. Clever idea but my Drivatar now drives like a douchebag because I have to drive like that to avoid being written off at turn 1 by other peoples... does that make sense?

This. I love the game but trying to get past the first few corners without being written off is pretty hard, the drivatars are very agressive and will force you off the track or just crash into you.

Avatar image for offensiveusername001
OFFENSIVEUSERNAME001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 OFFENSIVEUSERNAME001
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Its a racing game, its kind of hard to **** up when you're making a racing game.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RimacBugatti

Yeah that's true but having less cars is a step back in my opinion. I'm guessing there is still damage as in Forza 4?

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Massive improvement to an already great series. Agreed about the drivatars being much better competition. In 4 you could count on one or two going off track to gain easy passes. No more. I never played with assists in 4 but in 5 I find I need to put on a little help to consistently beat the field when I first go up a division. Oh and I love how you always have rewind now but you get penalized if you use it once (5 percent) and more penalty if you use it more. It leads to me recovering from spin-outs more as I want to win and hang on to that full score.

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dbene
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts

It wouldn't say it's a "lesser game" ...but not as deep. This always happens on launch games.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

I have mixed feelings about it, I played with a "rented" F1 car and the experience in the game was amazing! True sense of speed and the sounds of engines just blew my mind.

Graphically, I can see improvements, but to be honest, It feels more like a xbox 360 1.5 game. I mean, I personally don't see it as true next gen. I would give an OK to the graphics.

Also, I used to laugh about how vibration supposedly immerse you in the experience, but the way the control vibrates the new control with this game is really amazing.

My only gripe with the game is that (avatar) thing (or it might be the new AI), but when I am playing my career, the racers are just plain pigs, I like to play doing clean passes and clean corners, but regardless of this the other cars just crash me from behind and get me out of the course spinning, in the difficulty I'm playing one mistake like this and you cant possibly win. This didn't happened in FM4.

It has happened more than once and when that happens I just quit the game and start playing Killer Instinct.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Another thing I'm noticing is that the 14 tracks are quickly becoming old. Had the same problem with the previous ones. Fewer cars and more tracks please! Mix up career a bit more for me!

That said I do like the different evcent types like 4 car race thru slow traffic or cone gates

@RimacBugatti said:

Yeah that's true but having less cars is a step back in my opinion. I'm guessing there is still damage as in Forza 4?

Yep. Still damage but it's not turned on by default. That's what makes the drivatars so annoying... esp as they don't seem to take damage whereas you do.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#21 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Forza 5 is awesome. There's not as much content as Forza 4, but the controls are great and the graphics are amazing. The game is extremely smooth-playing. One more downside, though, is that the user interface isn't as organized as it could be when it comes to buying and selecting cars. Overall, though, you won't be disappointed.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RimacBugatti

Thanks guys and gals sounds really amazing. Judging from the videos I had seen it looked as if the sounds and handling were really on par. Driveclub may end up being a larger game but as far as handling and sound I believe that Forza 5 is the best ever. I had originally said I was going to stay with PS4 but this game was my reason for getting Xbox One. I really hope that Microsoft pushes a lot of exclusives this coming year to keep this console moving. With games like Forza 5 it shows that Xbox can compete with PS4 graphically. I'm a graphics whore so this game is perfect for me.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@RJLateralus said:

My only gripe with the game is that (avatar) thing (or it might be the new AI), but when I am playing my career, the racers are just plain pigs, I like to play doing clean passes and clean corners, but regardless of this the other cars just crash me from behind and get me out of the course spinning, .

Oh I hear ya'. I was hoping that this drivatar thing would actually place me with drivers who have my style (clean as possible). In F5 I find that I am doing even more "midly" crashy behavior because it works so well. I hate it when driving games don't have a disqualification/penalty option. Let's racers set it to on and gamers set it to off and everybody wins! Being able to be damaged from behind is new, it's more accurate but it has me going into corners faster that I want because I want to keep the moving parts working.