Any news on new 360???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shadow0205
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

is there any news on the 360 with the hd-dvd and built in wi-fi???
like do we know when its coming out or if it even is coming out and is it gona run and better look any differant anything?

Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
i heard the new 360 arcade has built in.. or comes with hd dvd and 2 games but nothing of the wi-fi, sorry.
shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shadow0205
ok i just remmember seeing on gamespot in the headlines thing that they were making like an ultimate 360 that had everything built in
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
No they're not... I will kill them.
shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow0205
...why it said that it would be like 700$ anyway.... i just want it compacted
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

No they're not... I will kill them.Relys

Ill help you....Ive already had to upgrade from a Premiem to an elite.....so i really hope i dont have to do that again.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Relys

[QUOTE="Relys"]No they're not... I will kill them.cheetfreak

Ill help you....Ive already had to upgrade from a Premiem to an elite.....so i really hope i dont have to do that again.

Well, I just bought a preiuem with a falcon chipset that I'm getting for christmas. I feel really bad for you, because you got RROD and didn't get any HDMI port. :( Now preiuems and elites are the same, besides the harddrive size and color.

But yes, we shall unite and kill microsoft if they do something stupid like this! I'm not buying a wireless adapter. I'd rather be inconvencinced by installing a cable to the other side of my house to hook up my router than paying $100.

shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadow0205
well ya i know if you bought a new one then you would be angry.... i would to but its just im wondering if i should do that or if i should wait for the new one
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheetfreak
[QUOTE="cheetfreak"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]No they're not... I will kill them.Relys

Well, I just bought a preiuem with a falcon chipset that I'm getting for christmas. I feel really bad for you, because you got RROD and didn't get any HDMI port. :( Now preiuems and elites are the same, besides the harddrive size and color.

But yes, we shall unite and kill microsoft if they do something stupid like this! I'm not buying a wireless adapter. I'd rather be inconvencinced by installing a cable to the other side of my house to hook up my router than paying $100.

lmao...thats what i said when i first bought my 360...so instead of going wirless for a $100 I went ahead and networked my entire house. i now have about 2000 feet of CAT-6 cable running through all the walls in my house and have a small server rack with a Netgear 24 port wired router:D it was actually pretty fun doing it myself:) of course now i think it was a bit overkill but its cool having wired internet connections plus a wirless network everywhere in my house8)

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Relys
[QUOTE="Relys"][QUOTE="cheetfreak"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]No they're not... I will kill them.cheetfreak

lmao...thats what i said when i first bought my 360...so instead of going wirless for a $100 I went ahead and networked my entire house. i now have about 2000 feet of CAT-6 cable running through all the walls in my house and have a small server rack with a Netgear 24 port wired router:D it was actually pretty fun doing it myself:) of course now i think it was a bit overkill but its cool having wired internet connections plus a wirless network everywhere in my house8)

And the sad thing is.. It probably cost you less! xD

But yeah, I'll either have to do that. Or keep it in my room instead of the living room.

Me and my Father were planing to do something like that anyway, to put the wireless closer to the middle of the house.

Sounds like we're on the same track! High five!

shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shadow0205
.... can anyone answer the question??....:|
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheetfreak
[QUOTE="cheetfreak"][QUOTE="Relys"][QUOTE="cheetfreak"]

[QUOTE="Relys"]No they're not... I will kill them.Relys

And the sad thing is.. It probably cost you less! xD

But yeah, I'll either have to do that. Or keep it in my room instead of the living room.

Me and my Father were planing to do something like that anyway, to put the wireless closer to the middle of the house.

Sounds like we're on the same track! High five!

Well the wiring was pretty cheap but that darn switch was about $700 the wire plus ends were only about $100 and the little boxes for the walls were a total of about $100 so it was actually about 9 times more expensive:D But ill still take that High Five! *misses and accidently knocks 360 over* well i guess i am getting a new 360 afterall:(

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
ok i just remmember seeing on gamespot in the headlines thing that they were making like an ultimate 360 that had everything built inshadow0205
No official news. It's will likely happen eventually, but I think next Christmas is the absolute earliest.
shadow0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadow0205

[QUOTE="shadow0205"]ok i just remmember seeing on gamespot in the headlines thing that they were making like an ultimate 360 that had everything built inmurlow12
No official news. It's will likely happen eventually, but I think next Christmas is the absolute earliest.

oh wow lol ok nvm i geus im getting an elite then :P

cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheetfreak

.... can anyone answer the question??....:|shadow0205

woops kinda got offtrack sorry:D but back on topic i reallu havent seen anything confirmed i have heard the rumors but nothing more than rumors. I really dont think they will make the "Ultimate" 360. Mainly because i think adding all the extras would push that price too high and very few consumers would buy it. therefore very few sales. so from a business point of view. I doubt it will happen.

Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="shadow0205"]ok i just remmember seeing on gamespot in the headlines thing that they were making like an ultimate 360 that had everything built inshadow0205

oh wow lol ok nvm i geus im getting an elite then :P

It's not happening period. This whole rumor started because somebody had what they believed to be a source that had Microsoft and I believe Toshiba coming together and already working on this new super 360 that would be out my mid 2008. A few weeks later though this was almost completely torn to shreds.

Toshiba came out and crushed the rumors by saying that there was absolutely no truth to any part of that rumor and that they were not working nor did they have plans to team up for such a system. There was also something about there being problems with cost or something about building a HD DVD drive that would have to spin 12 or 16x to play the 360 games.

Microsoft has also stated that they have no plans for either incorporated HD-DVD or WI FI, they have said at various times or atleast hinted at not wanting to commit to a HD media format because it isn't necessary for the console and they don't like the possiblity of being on the losing side of the format war if they do commit.

I think Microsoft's commitment to IPTV sort of takes this rumor down a peg too, between thier HD movie download service that is constantly expanding, and the possiblity of IPTV, why would they need or want to install an HD DVD drive into the console, they don't make money off of HD DVD sales, but they do off of every HD movie rental off of Live, and you can bet your ass they will make a pretty penny off of IPTV service too.

GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
Look at this link http://www.gamesdog.co.uk/news/news.phtml/6982/8006/xbox-360-ultimate-built-in-HDDVD.phtml
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
toshiba said it might come out late 2009 at the earliest
Zacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Zacek
Member since 2004 • 1536 Posts
I¿m planing on buying an Elite today, but I was afraid Microsoft will release a new version again... what should I do?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I¿m planing on buying an Elite today, but I was afraid Microsoft will release a new version again... what should I do?Zacek1000
Buy the Elite. It sounds like you haven't read any of our responses. If it does happend, which isn't likely, it won't be for a very long time.