Americans problems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

To all Americans on here. What problem do you have against us British gamers?

I was in a party playing with some Americans and on of them, and a Canadian for some reason, just started insulting me purely on the fact that i was British and that i sounded "retarded". Is that just them being idiots or is that a general consensus on live?

merv_wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 merv_wasted
Member since 2010 • 290 Posts

Infact I find Americans much better than the Brits while playing online... I met a fellow who was Scottish and started to F*** around, when me and my pals were blowing them off in a team deathmatch in MW2.Even Australians are somewhat like thatbut I hardly ever see them online.. majority are from US and UK..I have many friends on live who are Americans and are pretty cool. hehe

You surely must have have come across some kids who are doing that.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

It probably has more to do with the age and maturity level of the people u played against than anything what country they were from. Tell me, do u use the word "wanker" in every other senyence like so many of your fellow countrymen?

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

I like how you're doing the same thing they did to you, which is borderline stereotyping.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I don't know which is sadder, the fact that you didn't know online gaming is full of idiots, or the fact that you encountered a couple of random idiots and project it as being the views of 300 million people?
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Drakebunny"]

I like how you're doing the same thing they did to you, which is borderline stereotyping.

[/QUOTE ]My point exactly. I would like to think the people on this forum would be bright enough to figure out that was a joke.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

It likely has something to do with the maturity level and age of the people you were playing with.

I actaully remember in a left for dead match two Brits (or at least they said they were from the UK) were ripping on me and my friend saying americans are idoits and we never should have won the war of 1812 and were messing around in the game, so I eventually just quit.

Another time, in left 4 dead, a guy was ripping on someone who had a southern accent.

Bottom line, immature people will make fun of anyone that is or sounds different from them on Xbox live.

I think I speak for the majority when I say most american gamers do not view UK gamers any different from them

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ilovegames1992

I don't know which is sadder, the fact that you didn't know online gaming is full of idiots, or the fact that you encountered a couple of random idiots and project it as being the views of 300 million people? UT_Wrestler

Well tbf it wasnt just those guys. I've experienced a lot of insults from plenty of Americans. So dont call me sad please i wasnt stereotyping either. I was genuinely wondering. I actually like Americans online they are fun to play with.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]I don't know which is sadder, the fact that you didn't know online gaming is full of idiots, or the fact that you encountered a couple of random idiots and project it as being the views of 300 million people? Ilovegames1992

Well tbf it wasnt just those guys.I've experienced a lot of insults from plenty of Americans. So dont call me sad please i wasnt stereotyping either. I was genuinely wondereing.

I have been online for six years, and I can honestly say that of the 70 something people on my friends list none of them treat foreigners that way. If they did, they wouldn't be on it anymore.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

I was in a party playing with some Americans and on of them, and a Canadian for some reason, just started insulting me purely on the fact that i was British and that i sounded "retarded". Is that just them being idiots or is that a general consensus on live?

Ilovegames1992
No that is not the general consensus of Americans. This is an issue of ignorance, age, and maturity levels. Don't give it another thought!
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

It's the other way around, man. Every brit I've ever played with was a d***** b**. Yank this, Yank that.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

It's the other way around, man. Every brit I've ever played with was a d***** b**. Yank this, Yank that.

airshocker

Oddly enough, I like the Mets better.

Ok, I guess I have a bad sense of humor :L.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Oddly enough, I like the Mets better.

Ok, I guess I have a bad sense of humor :L.

Drakebunny

Indeed. :P

JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Ilovegames1992

It goes both ways, I have been the only American and while they can't exactly make fun of how I sound they constantly bad mouthed me and team killed over and over and over till eventually I left.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

American problems... is that some new shooter or something? Can I buy it on XBLA? If so, how many points?

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Infact I find Americans much better than the Brits while playing online... I met a fellow who was Scottish and started to F*** around, when me and my pals were blowing them off in a team deathmatch in MW2.Even Australians are somewhat like thatbut I hardly ever see them online.. majority are from US and UK..I have many friends on live who are Americans and are pretty cool. hehe

You surely must have have come across some kids who are doing that.

merv_wasted

ya know why? coz most games have online systems that favour yanks, so that it brings down our connection speeds. we have some of the slowest ADSL in the world, so we tend to play together to keep a fast connection.

Superkhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Superkhanz
Member since 2010 • 143 Posts

Well, some people might stereotype some British people for the typical "Alex" guy, who has a kiddy voice, always is british, a halo and cod fanboy and plays Left 4 Dead and thinks he is cool for doing that. But I don't believe the British are any problem, just those guys who are "Alexes"

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

dude it happens all the time on any online game service with mics americans make fun of brits, brits make fun of americans it goes back and forth thats why microsoft did not shove its head up its @*s and put a mute button :roll:

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

RedReckoning

No that is not the general consensus of Americans. This is an issue of ignorance, age, and maturity levels. Don't give it another thought!

this. you guys might learn something from him no joke

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
the only probelm i have with foreigners is its hard to understand them. most games it doesnt matter but if it requires a lot of communication to get the job done i usually just leave the game. its not hate, i simply cant understand you and would like to play with someone i can.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#22 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Ilovegames1992

I would hope it's obviously not the consensus. You should never ever decide an entire group of millions of people think one thing based on what you heard some douche on xbox live said.

This stuff isn't exclusive to Americans either though, I've been insulted by British players on Live just for being an American. Xbox live is full of jerks, but not every American will insult you for being British just like how not every British player will insult an American player for being American. Just mute these people, you don't have to put up with them.

Start-N-Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Start-N-Play
Member since 2011 • 169 Posts
USA USA USA!!! lol just playing. Just slam them back with insults. They curse you, you curse them. whats the big deal?
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

some people are just racist....im american and im fine with brits.....i have some really cool british friends.
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

why are you complaining about it here? if you dont feel like hearing what the americans have to say about your fish and chips just mute them ..nothing wrong with fish n chips lol :oops: Ive had all kinds of people including british have made fun of me ,i mean its just people who are bored and want to have a laugh,ive done it a couple times:lol:

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

why are you complaining about it here? if you dont feel like hearing what the americans have to say about your fish and chips just mute them ..nothing wrong with fish n chips lol :oops: Ive had all kinds of people including british have made fun of me ,i mean its just people who are bored and want to have a laugh,ive done it a couple times:lol:

booomer69
insulting and antagonising people for fun, how hilarious...:roll:
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
There are idiots and jackasses from every country, age and race...its probably not personal against British people.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#28 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Well, I was playing Black Ops zombies a few months ago and some Brits were really a pain in the ass in that game. However I don't consider all to be that way so I don't think you should consider all Americans to be that way either. But I expect people to at least be able to say my gamertag as opposed to, "Oh.... it's the American....." YEAH! WELL THE AMERICAN'S GOT BETTER AIM THAN YO ASS, BOY! RUN AND TELL THAT!

Not like I play Black Ops anymore. That game blows. :P

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#29 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

the only probelm i have with foreigners is its hard to understand them. most games it doesnt matter but if it requires a lot of communication to get the job done i usually just leave the game. its not hate, i simply cant understand you and would like to play with someone i can.kit352

One time I got involved in a game of Gears of War where there were only one other American player and he was on the opposing team. Everyone else spoke either Japanese or Spanish and the teams were split in such awkward ways to the point where there was this crazy spurts of hearing a mixture of three languages while people fired from cover. It was really awesome. I kind of wish more games were like that. :P

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ilovegames1992

booomer69

No i love a bit of banter but 3 on 1 isnt exactly fair. Plus its more the ignorance if anything.

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

of course its not fair,but honestly they were probably just drunk and just wanted a laugh . They could be ignorant but im sure there just acting that way so you can get even more mad LOL..ive had a few british people really piss me off,but then i just laugh it off

FaithfulBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FaithfulBro
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

There's idiots like that in every country. There's idiots in the US, there's idiots in Canada, there's idiots in France, there's idiots in Japan. There's really no way to avoid them, but I just try my best to not make the experience of people who play on Live miserable.

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts

Slightly NSFW, so I'll link it, but here's your answer:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Is that just them being idiots or is that a general consensus on live?

Ilovegames1992
Both actually.
DangerousDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DangerousDerek
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
In my experience most of my fellow Americans are stereotypical to the British
RobAKAKony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RobAKAKony

Oh yeah because only Americans do that right?

I got booted from lobbies in Shadowrun, Team Fortress, Gears of War, etc. just because I was American. If I didn't get booted I had to deal with 8 people who wouldn't stfu.

But maybe I'm just imagining things and only Americans do that..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#37 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Because due to the time change the only ones I hear are the whiney prepubescent ones.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ilovegames1992

I got booted from lobbies in Shadowrun, Team Fortress, Gears of War, etc. just because I was American. If I didn't get booted I had to deal with 8 people who wouldn't stfu.

RobAKAKony

I didnt say it was only Americans did i? At least read my post before you comment.

RobAKAKony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RobAKAKony

[QUOTE="RobAKAKony"]

Ilovegames1992

I didnt say it was only Americans did i? At least read my post before you comment.

I did read your post. It wasn't even necessary to begin with because it happens all the time. If you've played on Xbox with a mic I can guarantee you've dealt with some idiot(s) who will feel the need to comment on how your nationality fails.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

most hackers are brits on CoD ive encountered and they cheat to win because they cant win without it against legit players. americans play for fun, not to be a guy who ruins the game for other players. they should play fair like us americans

American = all north america(most peoples asumption) the real term is both south and north america

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#41 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

whats this a racist thread?

first of all ,wrong forum and wrong place period ,take your racism else where blaming us for your problems eh ,. not to smart ,

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

The irony about this thread is that people have insulted me by my inncoent generalisation and inquiry and then have proceeded to be insulting and generalising themselves. Thats so awesome.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
its irony, on top of irony, on top of irony
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

American, British and Canadian players on Xbox live. The nicest people are Asian