am i wrong for this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 simpsons1fan
Member since 2005 • 3056 Posts

well... i allrdy had 150$ and i get about 100$ money from my family(cept parents) so i talked to my parents and they said i could get 100$ for x-mas form em... and count it as x-mas and b-day... so i go ahead a put a 360 in layaway... well 2 days later my dad decides i cant get money for x-mas hed rather me get a few cheap boardgames instead... so i gotta cancel my layaway... and i owed the store 50$ for tht... so in the end im down 50$ and nto able to get a 360..

well now im all mad at my dad... and my mom says i gotta be nice or im grouned... u guys think tht i deserve to be mad...

DoctorBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DoctorBadass
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

Don't be ungrateful and mad at your dad

I get one game if im lucky during christmas

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
When you grow up you'll understand. ;)
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

When you grow up you'll understand. ;)Hoobinator

hehehehe. Kids..

Super-Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Super-Penguin
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts
dude you have every right to be mad, it's like pretty much like throwing away 150 dollars. like i have said all my life, PARENTS ARE MEAN
DoctorBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DoctorBadass

dude you have every right to be mad, it's like pretty much like throwing away 150 dollars. like i have said all my life, PARENTS ARE MEANSuper-Penguin

Parents are the best thing you'll ever have...

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#7 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Sell some old games to get the extra $, then you won't be down $100. You can also return the board games that you get. :)
simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 simpsons1fan

[QUOTE="Super-Penguin"]dude you have every right to be mad, it's like pretty much like throwing away 150 dollars. like i have said all my life, PARENTS ARE MEANDoctorBadass

Parents are the best thing you'll ever have...

lol not mine... the only thing i can do in life with my parents is... go to school... come home... and talk on gamespot and listen to youtube... or watch tv... nothing else.... they to cheap to buy my anything... cept they are semi rich... and they wont even leet me in my road... and i live in a backstreet culdisac... yep thts awsomeness right there
simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 simpsons1fan
Sell some old games to get the extra $, then you won't be down $100. You can also return the board games that you get. :)CodingGenius
lol i got the sims, and the sims deluxe :o yay 1$ in the pocket.. only 49 down!
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
Tell your father he is teaching you a horrible life lesson in reliability and worth of one's word. If that doesn't work tell him to pony up or he is getting rotten fish in his tire wells every morning until you graduate.
DoctorBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DoctorBadass

So horrible the way he's providing you with a place to sleep and food, Let's you watch TV and use internet they pay for!

Kid, your very arrogant, and you need to learn to buy your own stuff. You almost sound spoiled and this more like a pouting topic. Regaurdless, you have no idea what you have that other kids dont.

simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simpsons1fan

So horrible the way he's providing you with a place to sleep and food, Let's you watch TV and use internet they pay for!

Kid, your very arrogant, and you need to learn to buy your own stuff. You almost sound spoiled and this more like a pouting topic. Regaurdless, you have no idea what you have that other kids dont.

DoctorBadass
no its the point tht he ruined my hopes and cost me 50$... and i had to work for tht for about 4 weeks..
DoctorBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DoctorBadass

Whatever, but don't act like your Dad is bad

Anyway, good luck with that situation

donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

DoctorBadass

Uh yeah, shelter and food in so far as providing to your child is actually something you should do if you don't want to go to jail. It isn't being nice, and having those things doesn't mean you should thank your lucky stars. Telling anyone not to mention a member of your immediate family that you are going to do something and then go back on it without good reason not only reflects poorly on said person but in the case of a parent/child relationship can be pretty damaging.

Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

well... i allrdy had 150$ and i get about 100$ money from my family(cept parents) so i talked to my parents and they said i could get 100$ for x-mas form em... and count it as x-mas and b-day... so i go ahead a put a 360 in layaway... well 2 days later my dad decides i cant get money for x-mas hed rather me get a few cheap boardgames instead... so i gotta cancel my layaway... and i owed the store 50$ for tht... so in the end im down 50$ and nto able to get a 360..

well now im all mad at my dad... and my mom says i gotta be nice or im grouned... u guys think tht i deserve to be mad...

simpsons1fan
hahahahahhaha your parents got yah.... my parents do this every year. "ooooo sorry we didnt get you a 360 this year, would coulndt aford it" BOOM CHRISTMAS HITS and you know what i got? i got an Xbox 360!!!!
Ra-Harakte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ra-Harakte
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts
Well, if the 360's on layaway, then your situation just means that you'll have to wait just a little longer to pay it off. I see your point being promised one thing, then your dad backs out, but there is probably a valid reason why he's doing that. But in all reality, there is no reason to be selfish. Christmas is the time for giving, not for getting.
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts

Good call by your parents going with board games rather than basicly giving you money for video games. Sorry, I love video games, but I'd never ask my parents to get games for me since I just don't see it as something parents should buy for their kids once they reach age 13 or 14.

When I was a kid, I always bought lots of video games. Bought my own Gamecube and Xbox. Once your 15 and 16, get a job and buy stuff with your own hard earned money. And if your parents do decide to get you anything period, be greatful.

Me, I'm simply greatful my parents are helping me through college and I got a roof to sleep under. I'd feel the same if I were you and try not to ever be mad at your folks.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts
^^Agree, but i must say, its GRATEFUL, not GREATFUL. Minor error
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

i'd b pissed, steal the money thats the easy way. Or sell crap at school 2 people u can always make good $ that way.

That suks that u get board games though, I always get 1 board game 4 xmas and I never open it. But I get a lot of other good stuf 2.

simpsons1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 simpsons1fan
[QUOTE="simpsons1fan"]

Roxas12934

hahahahahhaha your parents got yah.... my parents do this every year. "ooooo sorry we didnt get you a 360 this year, would coulndt aford it" BOOM CHRISTMAS HITS and you know what i got? i got an Xbox 360!!!!

haha tht would be nice if i could get tht... but their so cheap... they spend liek 40-50$ a year on me... byt my sisters on the other hand.. just last year they got a wii and 2 contollers...

ran-Well, if the 360's on layaway, then your situation just means that you'll have to wait just a little longer to pay it off. I see your point being promised one thing, then your dad backs out, but there is probably a valid reason why he's doing that. But in all reality, there is no reason to be selfish. Christmas is the time for giving, not for getting.

his reason was... i want to see u enjoy stuff more by opening stuff...

purified-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 purified-7
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
thats kinda mean of them to do that changing their minds but oh well your parents suck mine are cool im getting the elite bundle with the forza2 and marvel and also geting cod4 and assassins creed then money from grandparents