Am I the only person who thinks this??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

L4D is one of the hardest games ever on the hardest setting? I mean...I can not beat a full level for nothing. Me and my 2 boys "all of us are good gamers" just cant seem to do it. My oldest son has even tried online and they failed time after time.

Kill a boomer...hunter gets you...kill the hunter smoker gets you...Kill one...another comes back almost instatly. And Tanks!!...Good LORD it takes a thousand rounds to kill a Tank..

I have been gaming since 1980 and have yet to find a game with so much chanllenge..

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Yeah it's very hard.. You just have to keep trying and hope for good luck.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23

obviously you suck at that game, mega man is one of the hardest games ive ever played...also Breakdown is insanely hard. Im still trying to beat itxsquidbillyx

So you've completed every campaign on expert?

l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

That's why I have given up hope on expert on L4D!

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
yes, it is a very hard game. it is really fun to play it.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
took me and my friends a couple tries to even get out of the apt on the first level when set on the hardest setting
Knightbringr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Knightbringr
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

Everyone is saying how impossible this game is on hard. Has anyone beat it?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Yeah, it's hard as hell. I can make it through the first four levels by myself, but the finale is just insane. The first tank kills at least two of my bots, and second one always wipes me out. You need four good players to beat an Expert level, and even then not everyone makes it out, like me.

[QUOTE="xsquidbillyx"]

obviously you suck at that game, mega man is one of the hardest games ive ever played...also Breakdown is insanely hard. Im still trying to beat it

craigalan23

This guy was nice enough to include his Gamertag on his GameSpot profile, and...no, he hasn't beat any campaigns on Expert.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="xsquidbillyx"]

obviously you suck at that game, mega man is one of the hardest games ive ever played...also Breakdown is insanely hard. Im still trying to beat it

Palantas

This guy was nice enough to include his Gamertag on his GameSpot profile, and...no, he hasn't beat any campaigns on Expert.

Funny how he can say those games are harder without ever beating L4D on expert. Well guess what it's just as hard because you didn't beat it either.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

My brother and I are pretty slick at the game. Currently my bro phynixwhite is hard at work at CoD:WaW, so we get less time together against the horde. We intend to get ourcrap together and give it a go. We got to the very end of No Mercy on Expert. First tank killed me. Third (possibly fourth, too hectic to count) nailed my brother, who martyred himself so the other two dudes we were playing with could get the achievement before they had to go away for the week. I was insanely aggravating at times, but pretty fun.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 phynixblack
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Funny how he can say those games are harder without ever beating L4D on expert. Well guess what it's just as hard because you didn't beat it either.

Seriously, take this from someone who gets his lulz from trolling people. That guy is a troll, A bad one too. Best to ignore. Every time you speak to him, or even about him, he gets to lulz even harder. That post was supposed to aggravate. nothing else.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Palantas

Every time you speak to him, or even about him, he gets to lulz even harder. That post was supposed to aggravate. nothing else.

phynixblack

I don't buy it. Very few people enjoy being mocked in public, even if they claim they do.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 phynixblack
[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="phynixblack"]

Every time you speak to him, or even about him, he gets to lulz even harder. That post was supposed to aggravate. nothing else.

I don't buy it. Very few people enjoy being mocked in public, even if they claim they do.

You hurt me there Palantas. I make a mockery of myself constantly. That's why I am refered to as a fool. Either way, ignoring the real idiots is simpler then arguing with them, at least when it comes to the videogame world.
xsquidbillyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xsquidbillyx
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
No i have not tried yet but i will when i get it back. I wasnt trying to seem like a dick but ive played online with my friends and we all just cruise through the game.
xsquidbillyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xsquidbillyx

Yeah, it's hard as hell. I can make it through the first four levels by myself, but the finale is just insane. The first tank kills at least two of my bots, and second one always wipes me out. You need four good players to beat an Expert level, and even then not everyone makes it out, like me.

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="xsquidbillyx"]

Palantas

yeah lol...that guy is a jerk
Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

obviously you suck at that game, mega man is one of the hardest games ive ever played...also Breakdown is insanely hard. Im still trying to beat itxsquidbillyx

^^ well your obviously ignorant. But yeat this game is very challenging and thats why i like it so much. I have yet to beat a lvl on expert, but close.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
yeah expert takes a lot of time to beat, i beat them all already but i can say its really fun, u need good ppl to play with n ppl that r willing to sit there for a couple of hours to play it through again n again lol but even tho its annoyingly hard its fun as hell to play lol
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FunkyHeadHunter

Well me and my oldest boy got to the last level where the helicopter comes, but just couldnt beat it...Tried about 20 times...lol...Hurt to do it but we finally quit. SO all the work was for nothing...BUT im not gonna sit there and do a level 50-100 times..Just not gonna do it.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts

Well me and my oldest boy got to the last level where the helicopter comes, but just couldnt beat it...Tried about 20 times...lol...Hurt to do it but we finally quit. SO all the work was for nothing...BUT im not gonna sit there and do a level 50-100 times..Just not gonna do it.

FunkyHeadHunter
lol 50-100 times doesn't really take that long, just gotta think of a better way to go at it in the end
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

xsquidbillyx

I hope you know he was talking about you.. My profile is set to private lol.

xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

Took me 7 hours and 15 minutes for No Mercy on Expert.

FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts

Know exactly how you feel and you are right it is frustrating.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Palantas

[QUOTE="xsquidbillyx"]

craigalan23

I hope you know he was talking about you.. My profile is set to private lol.

:lol: Yeah, I'm not talking about Craig here.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

nah I dont find L4D that hard on insane, once you get really into the whle flowof things you get better and better.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Palantas

xexis

Did you do it by yourself?

FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FunkyHeadHunter

xexis

We got to the last stage really quick only dying once. But the last stage...Just to much for us...lol

Foxtrot561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Foxtrot561
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

L4d on Expert is almost impossible.

xsquidbillyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xsquidbillyx
ya.. i know. i could really care less
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
If you think L4D is very difficult, you haven't really played any difficult games.
Avatar image for Zxwo0tkillfpsxz
Zxwo0tkillfpsxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zxwo0tkillfpsxz
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
I Havent got l4d yet sounds fun
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

on the last campain have som1 go 2 the dashboard thhn inv them wen u start...this makes it so it counts as whole campain...then go over 2 the turret and hit with ur gun a cople of times...jump on it and fling on top of the plane...stay up here and just hit each other..that way smokers cant get u...once u beat it u will get the achivment...u can get many achievments...using only pistols...sneak by all witches...complete a campain on expert...no health pack...ect.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Its not really that hard if you have a good team and good communication.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

on the last campain have som1 go 2 the dashboard thhn inv them wen u start...this makes it so it counts as whole campain...then go over 2 the turret and hit with ur gun a cople of times...jump on it and fling on top of the plane...stay up here and just hit each other..that way smokers cant get u...once u beat it u will get the achivment...u can get many achievments...using only pistols...sneak by all witches...complete a campain on expert...no health pack...ect.

CrazyGamer02149
they fixed that glitch, you fail.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Palantas

If you think L4D is very difficult, you haven't really played any difficult games.

GodLovesDead

It is difficult. The fact that old games were released apparently without any playtesting and demanded speedrunner like zeal to even beat doesn't change the fact that Left 4 Dead is difficult on Expert.

xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts
[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="xexis"]

Did you do it by yourself?

No i did it with three others.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I think Left 4 Dead is a lot harder after the update. Not sure if they did anything to the difficulty, it's just now crazy hard to down a tank. I beat Blood Harvest on Expert with 3 other friends with not to much difficulty. We just attempted to go though Death Toll today and at the train yard we got our butts handed to us. We gave up after and hour.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I have beaten all the campaigns on expert, its hard, but not impossble.

The trick is having everyone stand right next to eachother at all times. and If you have less then 50 health at a save room- kill yourself. Cause you start with 50 health anyway, at the beginning of each chapter.

metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
I beat the original Mega Man is a day... maybe you just suck at Mega Man?
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 phynixblack

[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"]

Palantas

It is difficult. The fact that old games were released apparently without any playtesting and demanded speedrunner like zeal to even beat doesn't change the fact that Left 4 Dead is difficult on Expert.

Left 4 Dead on expert is difficult, but seems to get easier as you get aqainted with a map. I keep finding spots lately that I noticed a tank can't follow me into, I even found a spot once in versus that made a great hiding spot for Special Infected, I remembered it and later used the memory of those good infected spots to avoid ambushes. The real issue it the fact that sometime too many Special infected come at once. When you are dealin with high damage horde, even a Hunter and a Smoker can team wipe. I feel they went a little overboard with the damage, but it is manageable still.

Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
If at first you don't secceed... cheat. There are certain little tricks that will bibass hordes, manuver you around crouded areas, and even let you get through finallies without being touched. I'm sure they are all out there on youtube, look em up. Note: they may be tricky to do, but you will just have to sacrifice time rather than have your brains ripped out. Brought to you by pancakes, yummy with syrup.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Palantas

Left 4 Dead on expert is difficult, but seems to get easier as you get aqainted with a map. I keep finding spots lately that I noticed a tank can't follow me into, I even found a spot once in versus that made a great hiding spot for Special Infected, I remembered it and later used the memory of those good infected spots to avoid ambushes. The real issue it the fact that sometime too many Special infected come at once. When you are dealin with high damage horde, even a Hunter and a Smoker can team wipe. I feel they went a little overboard with the damage, but it is manageable still.

phynixblack

All I need help with is the tanks at the finale. I can make it through the other levels on Expert by myself.