am I the only one that hates skate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gifteddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 gifteddie
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts
well since everyobdy says skate is such a great game I decided to pick it up but I ended up totally hating it. The camera is annoying since you can barely see whats in front of your skater and always gives me a headche. Tricks are veryhard to pull off and each mission is very frustrating and the achievements suck too. Can't wait to march on in tomorrow and get my money back.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
yep, i absolutely love it. it has a steep learning curve but once you get used too it it's an awesome game, in my opinion.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Everyone has there opinion on it. It takes some getting used to, I know I played the demo for hours just waiting for the game to come out and from there nothing was really hard in the game except the last challenge.
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts

ive been thinking about getting skate(used)... should i?

Avatar image for PotatoSandWitch
PotatoSandWitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 PotatoSandWitch
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts
camera angle sucks. but i wasn't patient with it and the game did nothing to pull me in and make me get used to it so my opinion is moot.
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
I loved it and beat it very quickly. I tried playing again later and it just wasn't the same. It's worth a rent and Skate 2 will be better anyway.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a155dd59341e
deactivated-5a155dd59341e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5a155dd59341e
Member since 2005 • 1725 Posts
The camera angle was different, I got used to it. I did return it though, as I did not feel right spending $120 on it. I wanted something more worth the money. It was a fun game, and I'm getting it again for $10 new, so it should be worth it this time.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i loved the demo and still want to pick up the game
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
You get used to it the tricks arent really hard to do once you got them down i had all the tricks pretty much mastered by when the game came out (cause of the demo) which kind of made the game less of a challenge and more of a disapointment it would be better if there was more tricks
s_bowers_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 s_bowers_15
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
ive only played the demo, but i definately believe its got to be a better experience than the recent tony hawk games. they are getting really stale.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
The online for this game is solid, especially when you get better at it. All the jam sessions and races just make this game that much better.
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts
Although the camera does take some getting used to and the game does have its share of flaws and quirks, over all it's very fun and in my opinion it has a lot of replay value. I can't stop hitting all the rails in the game for some reason... They just made grinding so much more satisfying than in Tony Hawk.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

I loved it and beat it very quickly. I tried playing again later and it just wasn't the same. It's worth a rent and Skate 2 will be better anyway.musicXpirate

0_o skate 2 SWEET!!!

i liked the game. i like the angle of the camera even though u couldn't see what was infront of u when turning. but thats how the camera are in skatevideos when a person is doing a line.

SICshyte767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 SICshyte767
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

(SEMI SPOILER)

Everyone has there opinion on it. It takes some getting used to, I know I played the demo for hours just waiting for the game to come out and from there nothing was really hard in the game except the last challenge.Strife88

I did the same thing and i still love skate so much in fact i played 4 like 6 hrs today after som gta 4 of course and im still sorta mad i cant be prods challange or rob and bigs one GRRRRRR its deff a hard game at first but pratice makes perfectand at leats its not as **** as T H proving ground WORST SKATING GAME EVER !!!!!

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

One of the best games I've ever played!! A true classic for me.