Am I the only one that feels that [PROTOTYPE]....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
Is almost *EXACTLY* the same and identical to Spiderman: Web of Shadows?

It's by the same Publisher(Activision), the 70% of the attacks are in Web of Shadows(Body Surfing, Tendrills, Super Strength, Pounding first and the "Explosion"), the movements(Wallrunning, Parkour styled Jumps and "gliding") are almost the same as well, and both are against some kind of "infection", Spiderman being against Symbiote and this one is some virus.

The only thing different is that the protagonist is different, he can do the "stealth" method and that this is directed towards a more "mature" audience with dismemberment and blood. Now, that being said, I am still getting this game on a Day1 release.
SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

now that you mention it, the thing i loved was when he was running vertically on building, and spider-man did that too xD

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

maybe a little

but even if it is, it's still fun

i love playing games like this every once and a great while...just being able to move about freely at crazy speeds, go up buildings, it's really fun

my favorite is still crackdown though...nothing like collecting those agility orbs

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

I am assuming Prototype is the game that Spiderman should have been but couldn't due to deadline and the fact that you have to keep A spiderman game close to his comicbook counterpart. I bet this game is way better than spiderman and i can't wait to play it. The glass is half full when it comes to Prototype!!!

konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

Lol good thing I didn't play Spiderman than eh? :D But it looks like a good game and if Spiderman was good, then that's great for us players!

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

No, this game is modeled much more closely after Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Hulk also did the wall run, ground smash, running through cars, etc. And it was made by the same devs.

mrmman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mrmman
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

It is both Spider Man and Hulk plus number of infected zombies like Left For Dead. I love the game

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

It is both Spider Man and Hulk plus number of infected zombies like Left For Dead. I love the game

mrmman

How did you get prototype early may i ask?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmman"]

SEANSEXYUNDIES

i would also like to know this but prototype is also like inFamous, which is like spiderman :P
BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BadBoy_Lo
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

No, this game is modeled much more closely after Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Hulk also did the wall run, ground smash, running through cars, etc. And it was made by the same devs.

darkmoney52
what version of the game did you play in which Hulk could "wall run"?
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="SEANSEXYUNDIES"]

[QUOTE="mrmman"]

chaoscougar1

i would also like to know this but prototype is also like inFamous, which is like spiderman :P

Uhh, no, Prototype isn't even close to infamous from what I've heard.. I thought it was the same game too... But anyway, Prototype is on shelves early in some countries.. either that or it was leaked.. but I have no idea if he even has the game. I'm getting it tomorrow! :)
filfili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 filfili
Member since 2003 • 1593 Posts

I just finished it last night. Its very similar to the previous Hulk game.

This game gets brutal towards the end, in a not fun way. I'd recommend playing it on easy the first time just because of the last 9 or so missions.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 th3warr1or
Why is it out so early? :S
ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

This game gets brutal towards the end, in a not fun way. I'd recommend playing it on easy the first time just because of the last 9 or so missions.

filfili

You've played and beat it already!? Dude give us a just and honest rating in your own opinion, please :D

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I played it for about 3 hours at my friends house the other night. It actually plays just like Hulk UD. Even a lot of the skills are identical. I was a little disappointed with the game... It wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. However I'm still going to pick it up because I only played for a few hours and I didn't even get all the abilities.

My only real gripe with the game is the parkour. It's not very good. He constantly auto jumps when you don't want him to.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 th3warr1or
Uh oh. I'm starting to have Doubts. :S
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
Uh oh. I'm starting to have Doubts. :S th3warr1or
If you have time. Keep checking justin.tv to see if anyone is streaming it. There were about 3 streams for it yesterday. It can give you a good idea on how the game plays. I do think it will be better then when I played it. It played a lot better then the spider man games. I just felt like I didn't give it a good chance.
Espsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espsnake
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Having just completed the games main missions, can't say I'm not a little disapointed overall I had fun but even though there are a ton of events to complete it needs more, hopefully DLC will be out soon enough :]

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 th3warr1or
Do games like these even have DLC though, they seem like a one time and the Devs forget about it.
Espsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Espsnake
They mentioned they would concider DLC for the game "for the right price" =/
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#22 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
it does look like Hulk:UD, but I still want the game. I read in a review that there's a co-op mode :D
Espsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espsnake
it does look like Hulk:UD, but I still want the game. I read in a review that there's a co-op mode :Dorb_03_2006
There isn't a co-op mode it was cut :((! would of been so awesome if there was.
filfili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 filfili

[QUOTE="filfili"]

ChrisGamer5757

You've played and beat it already!? Dude give us a just and honest rating in your own opinion, please :D

I liked the games main missions. The side missions are not really side missions, just challenges such as kill xx amount in this time or help the military kill xx amount. None of the side missions have any bearing to the story. I liked the story, but got lost because there are so many pieces from consuming people that it takes a bit to put it together, unless you have a lot of time.

The camera and targeting can be a problem. You do not notice it until later when it gets harder. Sometimes I felt like I was battling the camera/targeting too. I liked the sense of chaos. The framerate never slowed even with all the carnage and zipping around the city at fast speeds.

If you do play it, install it. Reduces loads time signigicantly, and there can be a lot of intermittent loading, especially the first third of the game.

Overall, I'd give a 7ish score. The biggest problems for me was the camera, some of the control aspects, and IMO the difficulty in the last part of the game. Like I said, these issues are not noticeable until the last third of the game. Also, it took me about 13 hours with some side missions. I do plan on spending more time with it, and maybe playing through it again on easy just to screw around and pick up more achivements.Definetelyhas replay value.

Any other questions, just ask.

Espsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espsnake

I agree with you mostly on that, I found the camera very annoying, the targeting system was ok but sometimes trying to target the right thing was fussy. Did you have trouble getting some of the Landmark collectables that were on top of the skyscrapers? I found that annoying too haha.

filfili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 filfili

I agree with you mostly on that, I found the camera very annoying, the targeting system was ok but sometimes trying to target the right thing was fussy. Did you have trouble getting some of the Landmark collectables that were on top of the skyscrapers? I found that annoying too haha.

Espsnake

Yes, I ended up giving up on some of the skyscraper Landmark collectables. Something so simple should not be difficult. Was it me, or did you have trouble with the last part of the game?

ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

[QUOTE="ChrisGamer5757"]

[QUOTE="filfili"]

filfili

I liked the games main missions. The side missions are not really side missions, just challenges such as kill xx amount in this time or help the military kill xx amount. None of the side missions have any bearing to the story. I liked the story, but got lost because there are so many pieces from consuming people that it takes a bit to put it together, unless you have a lot of time.

The camera and targeting can be a problem. You do not notice it until later when it gets harder. Sometimes I felt like I was battling the camera/targeting too. I liked the sense of chaos. The framerate never slowed even with all the carnage and zipping around the city at fast speeds.

If you do play it, install it. Reduces loads time signigicantly, and there can be a lot of intermittent loading, especially the first third of the game.

Overall, I'd give a 7ish score. The biggest problems for me was the camera, some of the control aspects, and IMO the difficulty in the last part of the game. Like I said, these issues are not noticeable until the last third of the game. Also, it took me about 13 hours with some side missions. I do plan on spending more time with it, and maybe playing through it again on easy just to screw around and pick up more achivements.Definetelyhas replay value.

Any other questions, just ask.

Wow Thanks man. The side missions sound like fun but i hope the camera mechanics aren't as bad as your saying. That's prolly the main thing that killed Too Human for me so that would suck if Prototype had a similar problem. I don't think i'll be able to install it given i only have 150 MB left on my tiny 20 GB hardrive (with Gears 2 installed) but maybe i'll buy a new harddrive now. I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon so i dont get my copy till June23rd... an excruciating wait!

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 th3warr1or
They mentioned they would concider DLC for the game "for the right price" =/Espsnake
Wtf. I hate it when they say "for the right price". It always means 3 skins for 800Microsoft points.. -.-
prehuang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 prehuang
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I think because Spiderman is a Hero that has limited ability by its own story.

So people create a new Charactor to put the same but even more expanded ability onto it.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#30 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

One difference that it'll have is gore. :)

gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

The only thing different is that the protagonist is different, he can do the "stealth" method and that this is directed towards a more "mature" audience with dismemberment and blood. th3warr1or
Theres the key. Ive never played that game, but i can imagine they are simiilar. The difference is that this is aimed at a mature audience, while spiderman was more kid-friendly. O ya and in prototype you can consume people and take there shape then jump into a helicopter and blow everything up.

indongga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 indongga
Member since 2003 • 10329 Posts
[QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

BadBoy_Lo
what version of the game did you play in which Hulk could "wall run"?

Hulk Ultimate Destruction, if you can recall, hulk did have the ability to wall run in that game. you know whats also funny, they made alex mercer have the power to create sledgehammer hands when in the hulk games, the hands look the same when hulk smashes two cars together againts his fist to make steel gloves. also i think its funny that people are connecting this game to infamous, which hardly have any similarities than comparing this game to hulk which have tons of similiarties, but also cuz they're made by the same people haha.