Alright guy's tell me...is ARMY OF TWO the game to get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

I love gears of war and all of those games, i also have a eager friend who wants to play a good coop. game. So in your opinion is this game worth the 60 bucks?

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
I haven't played it yet, but have read people's reviews and seen a lot about the game. I looks like a great game to play with a friend.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
its a good co-op game but in my opinion not as good as gears, also it really isn't like gears at all so if you like gears and want to get this game cause you think it will be similar youll be dissapointed.
Symbiote_Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Symbiote_Venom
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
naw save your money for the good games like Dark Sector or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and GTA IV not one of EA half ass games
SCfan919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SCfan919
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts

Personally I got it last night, and I think it will be spending alot of time in my disc tray in the coming weeks(until R6V2). It is fun and addictive Co-Op. I jumped into a co-op story game last night with a guy, and we played from mission 1 through mission two and it took us about 2 hours. It was really fun. The cover system is somewat like gears, except that you are not "stuck" to a wall. you are more like in real life, ducking behind it. The aiming system isn't something to write home about, but it is decent. The AGGRO meter is extremely well done and very fun. Havn't played two v two yet, but will be soon If you get it HAVE FUN!!!

hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
Yes for 2 weeks until R6V2.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

That game is a pass...

PASS!!!

Catch the ball you stupid Yank!!!

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
Thanks for the feed back guys, still can't decide tho. The aggro system seem's to be fun to fully master.
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

im the same way im looking to get this so me an a buddy can play co op

this seems to be the game to get for co op, ive heard great things about it!

NiteFmohawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NiteFmohawk
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
i feel what your talking about but if i was you i would rent it first then when it becomes a platumim hit for 20 to 30 bucks buy it then..thats what i did for dead riseing
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

It's a really good game thus far.

To all of you dismissing it because the "evil EA" made it, don't worry. They did right by this game, as it turned it really good. I'm not going to say it's amazing, but with the great co-op, lots of guns to buy/upgrade, a great story, and cool characters, Army of Two is a very good game.

I have no regrets buying it at all, and I recommend it to anybody interested in it, especially fans of co-op play.

Symbiote_Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Symbiote_Venom
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts

In the end its up to you and how you feel some people like it to bad theres no demo but EA wont put a demo till after a month thats its been out

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Got it yesterday.

This game is really good.

Only play it on Co-op, not single player.

Its tons of shooting and action, the enemy Ai is good too.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

I love gears of war and all of those games, i also have a eager friend who wants to play a good coop. game. So in your opinion is this game worth the 60 bucks?

CoreoVII

Yes, if a friend also gets it for coop.

Mesosphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mesosphere
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
I got it and its fun by yourself and even funner with a friend. KICK SOME @$$ ON THE NET or with a friend in the house! :) cant go worng with it :)
TR3boii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TR3boii
Member since 2007 • 376 Posts
alright to make my long story short.i bought this game. played for 1hour. thought it was a joke. turned it in the same day for store credit.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Do not pass on this game. EA has surpassed my every expectation for this game. Sure, my expectations were rather low since it's a new IP coming out of EA, but it truly is a great game.
PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#20 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

alright to make my long story short.i bought this game. played for 1hour. thought it was a joke. turned it in the same day for store credit.TR3boii

Amazing considering it just came out today/last night

joshua6775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#21 joshua6775
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
I have a rule when it comes to shooter games.....don't buy anything made by EA. I sat with a friend of mine yesterday who bought Ao2 and played with him for a while. The word "stinker" comes to mind. Rent it if anything.
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Heh, it definately is not a bad game, anybody that says it is obviously has played too much gears, or doesnt like TPS.

The cover system is okay, not amazing.

the AI is goodexcept when your ai partner drags you across the level trying to find cover to heal you.

I cant stand it when I get close to enemies it is very frustrating trying to shoot/melee them.

The whole customization thing is really cool, buy a new weapon, mod your muzzle, clip, grip, put a guard on it, w/e, you can buy new armour/weapons.

Bonus objectives to do to earn some extra cash.

Sometimes the controls are frustrating (Easily the most buttons used in a 360 game ever...Each button has like 3 different uses)

So far i'd give it an 8.0/10

Great game, but not spectacular.

gamespotcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 gamespotcrazy
Member since 2005 • 3034 Posts
I think its a great game. Sure it lacks a little but its actually worth a buy cause running and gunnin with your friend cant get any funner than this..:D
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts
I just bought this game yesterday but I have not played it yet. My cousin is also buying this game on the weekend and we are going to play together to see how it's like.
tommat119944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 tommat119944
Member since 2008 • 970 Posts

That game is a pass...

PASS!!!

Catch the ball you stupid Yank!!!

FearTheRain

Uhm, spam anyone?

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

Personally I got it last night, and I think it will be spending alot of time in my disc tray in the coming weeks(until R6V2). It is fun and addictive Co-Op. I jumped into a co-op story game last night with a guy, and we played from mission 1 through mission two and it took us about 2 hours. It was really fun. The cover system is somewat like gears, except that you are not "stuck" to a wall. you are more like in real life, ducking behind it. The aiming system isn't something to write home about, but it is decent. The AGGRO meter is extremely well done and very fun. Havn't played two v two yet, but will be soon If you get it HAVE FUN!!!

SCfan919

I was going to go the same route but I just pre-ordered vegas 2 and gtaiv because I know I will play those games for many months to come.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
it's ok, i'd rent it first if i were you. I wrote a pretty lengthy review of it if you want to check it out in the user reviews.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I just bought this game yesterday but I have not played it yet. My cousin is also buying this game on the weekend and we are going to play together to see how it's like.ISuperGamerI

I played the game on Saturday and it's a great game. :)

wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts

Tough call. I recommend that you rent it. Personally, its not as good as I hoped, but it does have its good and bad points.

My good points are this.

1) I think the levels are done very well. They have some nice maps, with good objectives.

2) The visuals are nice

3) Overall the game is fun to play.

4) I like the idea of customizing your weapons and having to earn money to buy more guns.

My compliants are these.

1) Can't play online with people out of your region. This may not impact a lot of people, but I have friends in Europe that I always play with online and I can't in this game. So it really cuts out a lot of my friends.

2) The controls are a bit odd. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. This is most likely my issue and not the game. But I really prefer the layouts of games like COD4, GRAW2, and R6V. This is very odd in many ways.

3) The SP AI is STUPID. Your AI buddy will stand in the open and get mowed down all the time. He does not listen to your commands very well and you can't actually direct him where you want him ala GRAW or R6V. So this makes it almost necessary to buddy up online (which again is only good for friends in your region).

4) EA Servers keep going offline

5) If you and your buddy are winning in a versus match online and someone from the other team bails, the game ends and you get NOTHING for your win. No achievement, no cash, nothing.

So see if your local video store has it for rent or use one of the game rental services via the mail if you can to try the game out first.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#30 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

i wouldn't say its the game to get. rihgt now that RSV2, but its a good pick up (rental) if you wanna play it.

CoreoVII