ally AI in gears of war

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

I am playing gears of war through on casual difficulty and i am finding twice as hard as i thought it was becuase Dom is the worst AI i have ever come across. Example half way through act one when you are in the circular courtyard with a locust turret at the other end, you are suposed to flank it not Dom, he runs head on into and gets massacred. Another example end of act one with the berserker, you are supposed to bait it out of the tomb by running it through the smashable doors, not Dom he runs head on into the berserker and blows up. i wouldnt mind this so much if you didnt fail the mission when he dies aswell, so whilst playing the game i have to be aware of what i am doing, what the locusts are up to and babysitting Dom. God i wish i could play co op.

sorry about the length of this post

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
hahaha yea its pretty funni all the AI in the game is good for nuttin u pretty much gonna do everything ur self
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
yeah it happens seriously play co op you'll have more fun
pumpkinescobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pumpkinescobar
Member since 2002 • 982 Posts
it doesnt matter what difficulty its on.  dom is just flat out retarded all the time.
familyguyvs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 familyguyvs360
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts
The AI that helps you in Gears is garbage, you are better off swallowing a Grenade. On Insane it's very frustrating at the end because Dom's d**b*** thinks he's Rambo or something and dies right off the bat. 
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Dom is useless on all difficulty levels. If you think he's bad on casual, try insane.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
i thought he was alright on insane
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
i thought Dom was fine in all occassions until you fight Raam ion Insane.  then he becomes just plain stupid.
paradyme777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paradyme777
Member since 2005 • 5308 Posts

Not only is Dom retarded but does anyone else think that the squad commands are completely pointless as well?  Dom, or anyone for that matter, won't listen to them anyways, so why have them?

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts
Yeah that guy was so fragile he died when ever i had to leave him, but i played the rest of the game with my bro much more fun two, which is more i than what i can say for the MP.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
The AI on Insane is the only mode that has AI that you don't have to worry about your ally's with...or so I've heard. The AI on hardcore is no better. The bad guys are, though. :|
meangoldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meangoldfish
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts
on casual, for the most part, i didn't think the AI was too terrible.  sometimes they seem lazy and have their moments of "right. . ." but overall, there have only beena  handful of moments when dom pissed me off.
TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
It's true the AI sucks, but damn ... Cole, Baird and Dom say some of the funniest and coolest stuff I've ever heard in a video game.
Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_Cole

Some interesting stuff on how his actor and the actors other personae have influenced Cole.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I never really had any serious problems with Dom's AI.
dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#16 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

yea the game is simple to complete (even on insane) if u do co-op.

Dom loves to die! :D 

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
haha, so very true
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
It would be nice if they made an expansion to the campaign by allowing you to play as either Cole or Baird. It wouldn't be that big of a stretch. You could play some of the missions from their perspective. Defending the Stranded while Marcus and Dom are getting the junker. At the factory when they enter in a different location and end up in the sewer. Getting to the other junker and defending it at the Mansion.
twinbladeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 twinbladeace
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

It would be nice if they made an expansion to the campaign by allowing you to play as either Cole or Baird. It wouldn't be that big of a stretch. You could play some of the missions from their perspective. Defending the Stranded while Marcus and Dom are getting the junker. At the factory when they enter in a different location and end up in the sewer. Getting to the other junker and defending it at the Mansion.msjr78

That would depress me considering i just spent 15 CDN on the new maps and do not intend to buy more M$ points for another LONG time. As for the AI on ALL the support on GoW it goes like this - They all suck exept #83 the cole train because when hes alive for those first 30 sec he shouts out randm profanitys and taunts locusts-. Personally the AI no matter what anyone says is crap on all the settings so i dont want anyone to be confused. Just do it ALL on 2 player co-op and it will work out. Me and my friend got up too a count of 2 chainsaw kills seen by any of the support on all of act 2. It was like being an another ranked mastch for the first time.

Good luck with life on the interweb.

-TBA out

-GAMERTAG - Juvarial -

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
Yep Dom is retarded through the whole game, so think of how he is now but 10 times worse when you play through insane.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Dom is practically a crash test dummy on Insane. He usually doesn't last more than about 30 seconds into each checkpoint.