After RRoD, a new Arcade or send in my box?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spectral_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Spectral_Snake
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
I got the rrod of because of the gta iv l&d update because my 360 worked fine before i downloaded the update and the game and it even played the game fine last night and then tonight i turn the 360 on and to my surprise i got the 3 rr this is my first time dealing with this should i send it into micro$oft for repair and will they charge me to have it repaired or for a replacement one?And how long will it take to get it repaired 8 weeks?Or should i just throw this one out and go and buy a new arcade and stick my hdd on that since i heard those have the new chip in them that prevents the rrod.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Send it in unless your rich
chrisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chrisito
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

Send it in, it's a free fix so it would be stupid to go buy another one. I'm on my 6th one :(

Just go to www.xbox.com and look for the support tab, then register your xbox and make a repair order. They will send you a box with a shipping label.

And you will get a repair ticket# that you can keep track of the progress with.

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts
Just send it in... its free takes about 2-4 weeks... just take out ur last gen systems till it comes =]
Spectral_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Spectral_Snake
Member since 2004 • 1749 Posts
Well heres the thing my gta iv disc is stuck inside the disc drive how do i pry the drive open to get it out?Because i don't want to send it into microsoft and lose it and have to buy another copy.