Absolutely free online for a xbox 360? i mean absolutely free!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fiercekiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fiercekiller93
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

is there any way to hook up a360 online for free just like you do for a psp?

(using a wireless router, which i have, to go online with absolutely no ISP)

i know you need to buy a wireless antenna, which i have

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
Its called Silver. Its free, but you can't play against people. Otherwise, its illegal and likely impossible.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Its called Silver. Its free, but you can't play against people. Otherwise, its illegal and likely impossible.bulletproofcow
Not impossible, I know how. I definatly pay for mine tho!
dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
Try Xlink Kai, like live but free.
resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts
how????????
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

It's called Xbconnect.com. Is it good? I don't think so. Is it worth the trouble? No. How is the community? It's made up of people who either got banned from Live or just don't want to pay. Is it legal? Of course. What's the catch? You can only play some system link games.

You get what you pay for.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

fiercekiller93
No, and don't listen to others that say theirs alternatives because there isn't. The reason is because of the 360's ping timer thing. So Xbox Live is the only choice, so if you wan't to play online you'll have to dish out the dough.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

xbconnect.com

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
Its $5 a month, even less if you look on eBay (buy the full year at once, don't buy it month by month), but its VERY worth it because of all the extras you get compared to PS3 online
fiercekiller93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fiercekiller93
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
i meant is there a way to use my neighborhood wi-fi on my xbox 360?
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GungraveZero

i meant is there a way to use my neighborhood wi-fi on my xbox 360?fiercekiller93

Wow, talk about vague description(I'm talking about your first post in this topic). Yes it's possible, but I think it's illegal to use someone else's connection, it's kind of like stealing cable if you ask me, but I dunno the whole legal matter of it. But yeah, if the person can't do something simple as block their connection then they probably won't notice that you're using it anyway.

darkserpent213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkserpent213
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts
Damn guys, xbox live is only $50 a year, thats only $4.17 a month. If thats still too much then you need a hobby collecting rocks or something.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Damn guys, xbox live is only $50 a year, thats only $4.17 a month. If thats still too much then you need a hobby collecting rocks or something. darkserpent213

Really, and if you are smart like me you will get on Ebay a get a 1 Year Subscription for $25 to $30.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

i meant is there a way to use my neighborhood wi-fi on my xbox 360?fiercekiller93

So not only do you not want to pay for Live, but you want to hijack someone else's wi-fi signal as well? That's pretty lame no matter how you try & justify it.

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
LOL bet your the kinda guy who if it isn't nailed down it's yours,put under you coat and your off !!! Come on fella the costs are so nominal for a great service .... don't be such a tea leaf!
Spartan-051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan-051
Member since 2007 • 728 Posts

It's called Xbconnect.com. Is it good? I don't think so. Is it worth the trouble? No. How is the community? It's made up of people who either got banned from Live or just don't want to pay. Is it legal? Of course. What's the catch? You can only play some system link games.

GungraveZero

all you gotta do is get a 25 dolla ethernet cable hooked up to your pc go to xboxconnect.com and there are instructions

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

fiercekiller93

its only 50 a year..its really not that much.

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
sign up for silver and it gives u one month gold free.. after that ull se its worth 4 bucks a month :!
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I disagree that Xbox Live doesn't cost much.

We get nothing in return for the 50 bucks a year. All the features like friends lists and whatnot are all free with Silver (like they should be). Sending messeges somewhow requires you to have Gold. Which makes no sense. Every other console out there you can send messeges in the same way and they are free from charge.

Also, online; no dedicated servers. Lag-free? Also no.

So please tell me why we are paying 50 bucks a year? Is it because we have no dedicated servers while the PS3 for example does? Is it because in addition to the 50 bucks we also need to pay for every little arcade game and even every little gamerpicture there is?

Seriously, I don't get why people are defending the price to play online. We get nothing in return for it. And we still need to pay for every bit of content we download in addition to that yearly fee.

scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 scriptwrite
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts

I disagree that Xbox Live doesn't cost much.

We get nothing in return for the 50 bucks a year. All the features like friends lists and whatnot are all free with Silver (like they should be). Sending messeges somewhow requires you to have Gold. Which makes no sense. Every other console out there you can send messeges in the same way and they are free from charge.

Also, online; no dedicated servers. Lag-free? Also no.

So please tell me why we are paying 50 bucks a year? Is it because we have no dedicated servers while the PS3 for example does? Is it because in addition to the 50 bucks we also need to pay for every little arcade game and even every little gamerpicture there is?

Seriously, I don't get why people are defending the price to play online. We get nothing in return for it. And we still need to pay for every bit of content we download in addition to that yearly fee.

FearlessSpirit

...because it's exceptional value for money when compared to the likes of Final Fantasy 11. We get to play any online Xbox game (except Final Fantasy 11) for as long as we want and I don't have that much lag experiences, but I have a very high speed connection, so maybe that's why...and as for Sony...

Sony have just begun their online service, they're just getting everything set up and I wouldn't be surprised if a year down the line they start charging the same price that Microsoft charge for their service. I think Microsoft will be hard to beat though when it comes to their Live service.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
There ia very little if anything MS provides over Sony right now, and Sony is still making it free and I doubt thatd change... no need.
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scriptwrite

If Sony can milk money from it, they will. All the companies do it. The thing is, Sony is watching Microsoft, Microsoft is watching Sony, Sony and Microsoft are watching Nintendo and Nintendo are watching Sony and Microsoft.

They're all studying each other's ways of doing business and right now, people don't mind paying Microsoft 50 bucks for Xbox Live Gold. Sony still haven't managed to sell enough PS3's nor do they have enough games to start charging for it, but when the time comes (Namely a price cut) and people start buying PS3, and developers are bringing out games, Sony will then start charging for it, it will probably be the same price, but they will start charging because Microsoft's Live is a success and Sony will want a peice of the pie.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 teebeenz
They didnt charge for the PS2s online so I doubt thatll change now.
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scriptwrite
The PS2 had a handful of games and the PS2 wasn't an online console. In the newest Generation of games, online gaming is a principle part of it. The PS3 has been designed to be online, the PS2 did not.
mugman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mugman6
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

They didnt charge for the PS2s online so I doubt thatll change now.teebeenz

Yeah but lets face it, PS2 online was poor and if they did chargedfor what they had then nobody would have used it. I reckon wait till HOME comes out, increase in online connectivity with PS3s as people will want to use HOME and SONY will soon start charging for it. Maybe they won't but thats all they will have over live, you just don't feel connected with the world with a PS3. With Live the really superior thing is it always seems as though you are connected and SONY hasn't yet achieved that with PS3's online features yet.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 teebeenz
No, tho being connected with the cash in your wallet helps :)
themexican201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 themexican201
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts
They didnt charge for the PS2s online so I doubt thatll change now.teebeenz
The PS2 had a handful of games and the PS2 wasn't an online console. In the newest Generation of games, online gaming is a principle part of it. The PS3 has been designed to be online, the PS2 did not.scriptwrite

[QUOTE="teebeenz"]They didnt charge for the PS2s online so I doubt thatll change now.mugman6

Yeah but lets face it, PS2 online was poor and if they did chargedfor what they had then nobody would have used it. I reckon wait till HOME comes out, increase in online connectivity with PS3s as people will want to use HOME and SONY will soon start charging for it. Maybe they won't but thats all they will have over live, you just don't feel connected with the world with a PS3. With Live the really superior thing is it always seems as though you are connected and SONY hasn't yet achieved that with PS3's online features yet.

Why are you talking about this, you should take it to system wars. To the tc you are very vague in what you are talking about do you not have internet or do you have internet but your parents wont pay for you or what? we need a little more information
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 scriptwrite
It really won't come as a shock if one day, Sony announces they'll be charging money for it's online services.
JDiamnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 JDiamnz
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
just go to xbconnect.com live everyone i saying. and who gives a damn if its a ilegal. its not like a cop will come and searrch your cable lines or computer and ****
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GungraveZero
[QUOTE="GungraveZero"]

Spartan-051

all you gotta do is get a 25 dolla ethernet cable hooked up to your pc go to xboxconnect.com and there are instructions

And to you and me it sounds and is easy. For most people it might be a problem even if they did go there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

Damn guys, xbox live is only $50 a year, thats only $4.17 a month. If thats still too much then you need a hobby collecting rocks or something. darkserpent213

hahaha

menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

Even if you connect it to your neighborhood wifi, its absolutely impossible. Doesnt matter HOW you connect to the xbox servers, once they detect you console, they will see if your subsription is active. If its not, you dont get on. Even if you dont pay for internet access.