About Xbox Live Gold prepaid cards...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Darkrush000 (271 posts) -

Well, imagine I'm buying a 360 right now, so naturally I get 1 month free of Xbox Live Gold. However, if I buy a Xbox Live Gold prepaid card and enter the code, will I lose the 1 month free that I had, or will it accumulate, leaving me with 13 months of XBL Gold?

#2 Posted by laliberte11 (4246 posts) -

it accumulates...I put in 6 months about 2 months ago so it lasted till august 2010 and got another year so now it lasts till august 2011

#3 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
here's the dela set up the free 1 month account. ~~ click join xbox live at the end you be promoted to use the one month of gold. after the set up is all done go redeem code enter the code u got 13 months... thing is you can have 14. go store get the card says 12+1
#4 Posted by mariokart64fan (20547 posts) -

no you do not lose, your month,

it adds more

i had done this numerous times,

but you can only have 3 yrs total accumulated you cant go over 36 mos

#5 Posted by Agent_Kaliaver (4722 posts) -

it adds more

mariokart64fan
My question is why would you? I had around 2 years at one point. I got a pre-paid card for my b-day, but never entered the code in correctly for an entire year. So once my Xbox Live renewed I added the card correctly making it total 2 years. Yes... I am an idiot.... Even if you say you bought 3 years worth of cards because they were on sale... Why? The cards go on sale about every few months.
#6 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

it adds more

Agent_Kaliaver
My question is why would you? I had around 2 years at one point. I got a pre-paid card for my b-day, but never entered the code in correctly for an entire year. So once my Xbox Live renewed I added the card correctly making it total 2 years. Yes... I am an idiot.... Even if you say you bought 3 years worth of cards because they were on sale... Why? The cards go on sale about every few months.

you ask why buy that much. i ask why not? if they on sale and if you got the money and if you like your gamertag is it a bad deal? and even if they go on sale couple times a year whats the differcent from someone buying 2 years worth now or later?
#7 Posted by imperial_agent (2195 posts) -

I think everyone here is probably correct in saying that it accumulates. I'm not sure myself, since I bought the 1 year subscription that day I bought my 360. I wondered the same thing as I was setting it up for the first time wondering where/when I can start the free 1 month. I never saw a prompt or an option for it. So I was kinda pissed, but what the heck, I bought the 1 year anyway. This was in an October of some year. Anyway, my account renews every November... but I bought my 360 on October 31st (Halloween) so I'm not sure if it's because somehow I got the 1 month tacked on, or because the subscription service was somehow inputted in their computer for November 1st... I'd like to have my free 1 month even though it's been 3 years... LOL!

#8 Posted by gago-gago (12009 posts) -

They stack up, up to 3 years. I know this because I got Gold free til 2013 because of a MS promotion. I stacked up all the one month codes they gave up to 3 years.

Also if you had an annual subscription and you added one month, it will show the one month just to let you know what was the last subscription that was added on, but your one year will still be there.

#9 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -
it accumulates (or stacks on) like if i had 3 months to start, and on the beginning of the 3rd month i buy a 12 month card and put it on. I then have 13 months total.
#10 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

FYI-Buy it from Amazon. Major Nelson tweeted about this yesterday: right now you can get a 12-month XBox Subscription Card for only $37.29 (25% off, or essentially three months free) And you can stack up to the years he said.