About to try to play through call of duty 4 veteran

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nercay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nercay
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

Girlfriends working all day today and im off so i need something to do, and ihave been putting of completing cod4 on veteran for ages...ive did a few levels but found it very very hard, anyone got any tips on how to make it a bit easier?

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
play good.
NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

Use cover,Use your squad and keep moving forward without getting killed because the enemies resparwn if you stay at one spot.It only took me 2 days to beat this game on veteran and if i can beat it so can anyone...good luck.

edit: if you need help, just send me a message, i dont mind helping out people.

HoldMyOwn40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 HoldMyOwn40
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Make sure you know how to throw nades back, you'll have plenty thrown right up your rear

camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
be patient :P
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Just don't get frustrated. Parts of the game might seem impossible but with enough patience you can do it.
Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
Hide, shoot, sprint, and repeat.
Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tom1243
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
Push forward mate, take cover and be paitent, very paitent..... you prob wont do it in one day, took me ages! And the very last part after the credits, like hell, very hard, just be paitent!
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

The hardest parts of the game are when you have a time limit on getting somewhere. The end of the game has the "no fun in the war room" level. I spent like 3 hours on that one part. Man was I glad when I finally beat it.

I even went on to get the mile high achievement. That was another 2-3 hours of my life.

Sonicxtacy02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sonicxtacy02
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

The hardest parts of the game are when you have a time limit on getting somewhere. The end of the game has the "no fun in the war room" level. I spent like 3 hours on that one part. Man was I glad when I finally beat it.

I even went on to get the mile high achievement. That was another 2-3 hours of my life.

b11051973

i honestly didnt find veteran THAT hard until the HEAT level then its just hell til the end. Overall though i thought call of duty 2's veteran was MUCH harder.

Nercay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nercay
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
Just did all the levels up warpig on veteran, took a while and was very hard >.
funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funkyeyk
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts
Been playing through Veteran casually for the past week. I'm up to "Heat" without too many headaches. For me, the worst parts thus far were: the TV studio in "Charlie Don't Surf," the part where you have to jump down into the courtyard in "Shock and Awe," and the final wait for a chopper in "One Shot, One Kill." But it sounds like I still have an uphill battle from here on out.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

The most frustrating level is Heat, which pushes out an endless swarm of enemies. The key to that level is (a) sprinting like crazy and (b) pray. I swore I would never get back down to the helicopter...

Other than that, it's not too bad once you complete a few levels. Best of Luck!

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So im at the part after the ghillie suit mission, where MicMann, or whatever his name is, is hurt and you fight off the mass amount of people. My one question is....how the hell can you beat that on veteran....i've been trying to do that part for 3 days and i cant get by it.

To the topic poster...that part will make you age 10 years

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
use flashs and keep pushing forward. Im on the "one shot, one kill" level and its the most frustrating for me so far.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kobewars87
Is One Shot, One Kill the part where you are by the Ferris Wheel with the snipers, waiting for the helicopter?
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Is One Shot, One Kill the part where you are by the Ferris Wheel with the snipers, waiting for the helicopter?Kobewars87

yeah thats right where I am. waiting for that damn Heli

funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funkyeyk

So im at the part after the ghillie suit mission, where MicMann, or whatever his name is, is hurt and you fight off the mass amount of people. My one question is....how the hell can you beat that on veteran....i've been trying to do that part for 3 days and i cant get by it.

Kobewars87

Kobewars, I was having the exact same problem. I tried the "methods" on youtube, but they didn't work for me. But I figured out something that does work.

I can only confirm this works once it's announced that enemy copters are inbound and it's a checkpoint. But go behind the bumper car platform on crouch on the grass directly by the far corner. This way the ferris wheel is roughly directly in front of you and the white fence is down to your right.

Use your sniper rifle. Enemies will come directly in front of you every once in a while, but most will get stuck just to the right, between the ticket booth and the ferris wheel stairs and try to shoot you. But from crouching (not prone), the bullets won't hit you. You can pick off each enemy trying to shoot you and keep an eye out for enemies coming around the corner.

Somehow this method avoided enemy grenades altogether and I survived without too much trouble. Once the rescue chopper lands, i made a break to pick up the Captain (I got hit quite a few times), picked him up and then dashed for the chopper.

But somehow that back corner of the Bumper Car arena was a safe haven. You don't have to move.

Let me know if this works for you.

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

If you get stuck (you will) check out youtube videos of the part you're stuck on. I'm still stuck on the Mile High Club level, I haven't tried in a while though maybe this weekend.

...After I get a Nerf 360 controller.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Just started going through it myself. I'm not very far yet only on Death From Above but its not to hard. Just be patient and take your time, use cover and flashbangs alot more. I found that if you hold back and let your squad take care of rough situations it makes it a lot easier too unless your all gung-ho on killing everyone yourself.
smallville206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 smallville206
Member since 2006 • 817 Posts
I'm almost finished with Veteran. Only have the "No Fighting in the War Room" level and the bonus. NFITWR I've failed 20+ times, only tried the bonus mission twice, but I can tell it's going to be extremely frustrating.
Halochief_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Halochief_101
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

I beat it already, the only level i died like 100 times on was heat '' but youtube helped me and i'm so prud i beat it on veteran

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

Kobewars87

i give up on this one , anyone got any pointers

funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funkyeyk
[QUOTE="Kobewars87"]

JayJog

i posted what worked for me up a few. let me know if it works.

wyllyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wyllyam
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I'll have to try this out. This is the place where I am stuck at?
destroyer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 destroyer360
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

it didnt get hard for me until i got to NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM and getting to the helicopter on HEAT was pretty hard

SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
[QUOTE="JayJog"][QUOTE="Kobewars87"]

funkyeyk

i posted what worked for me up a few. let me know if it works.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_ZmJ7hOxiY

Try the youtube guides.

acesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 acesion
Member since 2003 • 1938 Posts
I just ran and gunned. Typically you should be able to hit 1 check point then take cover, and repeat.
Josepiphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Josepiphus
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts
[QUOTE="Kobewars87"]

funkyeyk

Kobewars, I was having the exact same problem. I tried the "methods" on youtube, but they didn't work for me. But I figured out something that does work.

I can only confirm this works once it's announced that enemy copters are inbound and it's a checkpoint. But go behind the bumper car platform on crouch on the grass directly by the far corner. This way the ferris wheel is roughly directly in front of you and the white fence is down to your right.

Use your sniper rifle. Enemies will come directly in front of you every once in a while, but most will get stuck just to the right, between the ticket booth and the ferris wheel stairs and try to shoot you. But from crouching (not prone), the bullets won't hit you. You can pick off each enemy trying to shoot you and keep an eye out for enemies coming around the corner.

Somehow this method avoided enemy grenades altogether and I survived without too much trouble. Once the rescue chopper lands, i made a break to pick up the Captain (I got hit quite a few times), picked him up and then dashed for the chopper.

But somehow that back corner of the Bumper Car arena was a safe haven. You don't have to move.

Let me know if this works for you.

This was my technique as well. Still took me a few tries though.

bigstick424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bigstick424
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

This was one of the tougher parts on veteran. After planting all the claymores make sure you pickup the right gun. I used a sniper rifle and a decent assault rifle from a fallen enemy. I tried several different spots to hide in including the ticket booth next to the ferris wheel but to no avail. What worked for me was hiding behind the last bumper car at the far corner. From there you just kinda defend your ground whilst dying many times but in the process you learn where everyone will end up going. I also planted whatever C4 I had around the ferris whel and entrances to the bumper cars and triggered them at the right time.

Once the chopper lands waist no time grabbing your partner and get the hell outta there!

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
One warning. You will be using RB like crazy, throwing grenades back.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kobewars87
i maybe got shot twice....that is the best spot ever
funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 funkyeyk

i maybe got shot twice....that is the best spot everKobewars87

Awesome. Every other spot seems to rain grenades, which are the most frustrating things.

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

keep all blunt and sharp instruments away from yourself.

you'll know what i mean soon enough :P

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Don't rely on your squad, they're idiots.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
I've done a few of the easier levels on veteran - All Ghillied Up, Blackout, Crew Expendable - and they weren't that bad. But levels like Heat and One Shot, One Kill took about 100 attempts to get through on normal, so I dunno if I'm even gonna bother trying to play through it all. I tried to get Mile High Club but I kept running out of time. I'm too impatient to be honest..
min22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 min22
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

I've beaten every level except Heat and the bonus mission. On heat ,when you have to get to the chopper, it won't give me any checkpoints so I have to do it all over every time. Any tips for either level. On One Shot One Kill I hid in a ticket booth. Not the one if front of MicMillan, but the one to his left. They throw alot of gernades, but none hurt, except for the ones that came through the window, I tossed them back. Make sure you get to MicMillan though from their you are in the wide open running to him.

Avatar image for chicken_slasher
chicken_slasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chicken_slasher
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
hide and shoot...but in some missions where alot of enemies come at once...i just stay in a corner and when they come next to me..i kill em
linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
use cover. dont rush in alot. aim for the face. use bullet penetration ALOT. dont forsake those flashbangs. they work wonders. keep your back to the wall alot so no one can sneak up behind you.