A question regarding 360 Elite and another *SURPRISE* question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GuitarGeek712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GuitarGeek712
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Well, my second 360 premium overheated for the first time today. No, the vents aren't blocked off, yes it has cooling space. I leave my Xbox on almost 24/7 and I've had it for probably 8 months now, and frankly I think all this "every 360 overheats" stuff is crap. I exchanged my first one because of disc drive issues. This isn't a trolling "OH MY GAWD, 360 OVERHEATS LOLOLOL!!!1" post. I understand it will happen eventually, and since mine is always on, of course it happened. But, thats besides the point. I want to take it to Best Buy and exchange it, and pay the difference for a 360 Elite because I want the 120 GB hard drive and HDMI. So my question is, what is the most efficient way to transfer data? I will be keeping my hard drive. Should I use a memory card? How do I transfer my gamertag and gamerscore? What about for saves/shows/whatever that are bigger than the space on the memory card?

Also, before I get a bunch of posts saying "Don't leave it on, of course it will overheat. Just ride it out." Know what? I want a bigger hard drive, I paid for the 2 year warranty at Best Buy, and I am willing to pay an extra $80 for these added features. Does the warranty covers overheating? Yup, well I'm covered. Gimme my Elite, yo.

*SURPRISE TIME*

I got the HD-DVD drive today, and watched the Hulk and it looked incredible, but when I watched King Kong it looked pretty mediocre. I have a 720p TV and use component cables, and I thought I heard somewhere that it only projects in 1080i and 1080p. Does this mean I'm getting a regular 480 picture quality, or wasKing Kongjust not that clear? Am I getting the most I can out of my HD-DVD drive?

Thank you all for your time,

Chris

GuitarGeek712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GuitarGeek712

UPDATE: I went and got the Elite. What is the best way to transfer data? I bought a memory card as well if I have to use it. If I do, what should I transfer first? Gamer Profile or game saves?

Someone please help, I want to get this set up as soon as possible.

-xbox360dude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 -xbox360dude-
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

#1 why did you buy it from best buy in the first place there are like 20 posts that say all their crap from best buy sux

#2 Hulk and King Kong?? why?? did you look for the crappiest movies to watch on your new HD or something?? (not saying their BAD movies or anything)

thats all i gotta say

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

UPDATE: I went and got the Elite. What is the best way to transfer data? I bought a memory card as well if I have to use it. If I do, what should I transfer first? Gamer Profile or game saves?

GuitarGeek712

Good job going to BB - way to exploit their warranty and make them work for YOU!!! :)

Good job on the Elite - better system with some (minor) upgrades to help with the heating issue and GREAT extra features (120gb and HDMI).

Not sure the best way to transfer your data sorry. Probably a transfer kit - but not sure, I just scrapped my old drive when I got my Elite.

justin121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 justin121390
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
ummmm king kong is probably the best looking hd dvd out right now, and he probably got it free like i did cus it came with the hd dvd player if u bought it from best buy
solidsnake2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 solidsnake2050
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts
[QUOTE="GuitarGeek712"]

DataDream

Good job going to BB - way to exploit their warranty and make them work for YOU!!! :)

Good job on the Elite - better system with some (minor) upgrades to help with the heating issue and GREAT extra features (120gb and HDMI).

Not sure the best way to transfer your data sorry. Probably a transfer kit - but not sure, I just scrapped my old drive when I got my Elite.

Sorry, this might be a bad question, but where can you get the transfer kit???

Avatar image for samusmetroidhun
samusmetroidhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 samusmetroidhun
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
It probably would just be easiest to use a memory card. The transfer kit only comes with the Hard Drive, not the Elite. :(
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
Do gamertag recovery and use your memory card for your game saves.
XenoSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XenoSage
Member since 2005 • 141 Posts
Actually you can get a data migration cable free from Microsoft! I stumbled on this awhile ago:  http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm  At the very bottom there's a link on how to get it.
luckypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 luckypants
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"][QUOTE="GuitarGeek712"]

solidsnake2050

awww, dude's c'mon. you can get your transfer kit on xbox.com. Here i'll even give you the website: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="solidsnake2050"][QUOTE="DataDream"][QUOTE="GuitarGeek712"]

luckypants

awww, dude's c'mon. you can get your transfer kit on xbox.com. Here i'll even give you the website: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

I wonder how long it takes you to recieve the transfer kit after you send off for it?

GuitarGeek712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GuitarGeek712

#1 why did you buy it from best buy in the first place there are like 20 posts that say all their crap from best buy sux

#2 Hulk and King Kong?? why?? did you look for the crappiest movies to watch on your new HD or something?? (not saying their BAD movies or anything)

thats all i gotta say

-xbox360dude-

#1 Hmm, well, let's see...because I like Best Buy? Frankly, I don't give half acrap what you or 20 other people on an internet forum say. The same products get shipped to every Best Buy. If you get a batch of lemon 360's at your Best Buy, my best bet would be because Microsoft doesn't feel they have to ship their finest work to whatever crap box town full of inbred citizens because you and everyone around you are just a skidmark on the underpants of society. That, and the fact that you appear to be missing a chromosome or two.

#2 Yeah. I bought the crappiest movies I could. You caught me. Castrate yourself.

I don't like you.

GuitarGeek712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GuitarGeek712

Ah, and I also forgot to mention that I lost my receipt and product replacement plan, and they STILL let me exchange and upgrade.

Chris: 7,000

Best Buy: 0

Avatar image for RuthlessQuality
RuthlessQuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RuthlessQuality
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
Best Buy doesn't really care if you exchange it with your PRP, they make sure everything that came with it is in the box and then they ship it to Microsoft and they get reimbursed for it.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
you keep your 360 on for 24 hours!?!?!?!? well there's ur reason
-xbox360dude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 -xbox360dude-
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
[QUOTE="-xbox360dude-"]

thats all i gotta say

GuitarGeek712

#1 Hmm, well, let's see...because I like Best Buy? Frankly, I don't give half acrap what you or 20 other people on an internet forum say. The same products get shipped to every Best Buy. If you get a batch of lemon 360's at your Best Buy, my best bet would be because Microsoft doesn't feel they have to ship their finest work to whatever crap box town full of inbred citizens because you and everyone around you are just a skidmark on the underpants of society. That, and the fact that you appear to be missing a chromosome or two.

#2 Yeah. I bought the crappiest movies I could. You caught me. Castrate yourself.

I don't like you.

ha ha what a f***head i never said i didnt like best buy i buy a lot of stuff from them and what are u gonna do msg me on a forum saying u dont like me and tell me off, get a life!