A Question for all 360 owners that have EXP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 LeviHohenfeldt
Member since 2007 • 862 Posts
i ive been informed that no matter what i do my 360 will break in time. Nothing i can do bout it , its unstoppable, and i just bought it like a week ago so nothin wrong with it. is this False info, cause this guy is a PS3 Fanboy lol.
grvr316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 grvr316
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts
Everything man-made breaks.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

Everything man made "does" break, But the 360 breaks as often as Mr. Rodgers changes clothes. Thats often. Compaired to all the other consoles the 360 is about as reliable as Shaq at the freethrow line. He might make one but c'mon, you know he'll miss 75 more before he'll ever hit another one. lol. I JUST called 1-800-4MY-XBOX......Im getting the stickers emailed to me. Ive been having the disc unreadable message, I can play some games....just not all of them.

I cant watch movies either. So before my warranty runs out....I called. Hopefully I'll get it back before Madden Drops. I miss it already.

DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Well I'm on my 4th console...the chances of a 360 breaking are the highest of any console that I can remember. Bottom line they seem to be doing better now, but with some of them every time you put in a game it's like playing Russian Roulette.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IIJuggaNottII
F.Y.I. this will be my 3rd console.....when I get it back from repairs. lol. Well this one hasnt failed as far as the RRoD, but still...I want to be able to play ALL my games. Not just the ones that IT chooses to play. It has a mind of its own. WOnderful machine.....but just unreliable.
LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeviHohenfeldt
well poopy, maybe i should of saved for a ps3 lol
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IIJuggaNottII

Trust me.The fact that the game is unreliable is the only knock on it, IMO. Still microsof t is the issh for basically fronting the bill on every RRoD, and even if your box is out of warranty the will fix it for a small fee ($100 bucks). It is a bother, but I dont regret getting a 360. Just too much upside. Its the first thing I do when I get home from work.

You can expect it to wear down. SOOOOOoo many games to play, and they are all addictive. I play my 360 for hours at a time, Its understandable that It will EVENTUALLY breakdown. They probably didnt think that It would be played as much and as often for as long as it does get played. STILL.....you made a very wise choice. Happy Gaming.

oslaing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oslaing
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
buddy let me tell u something i bought my arcade version 360 in january this year and i haven't any problem with it not overheating, no freez games, no error message, no broken games, nothing ,everything is going perferct and i hope nothing bad happend with it
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
19 months and going strong, first 360 I got still works fine, and I'm doing nothing differently to anyone else.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IIJuggaNottII

buddy let me tell u something i bought my arcade version 360 in january this year and i haven't any problem with it not overheating, no freez games, no error message, no broken games, nothing ,everything is going perferct and i hope nothing bad happend with it
oslaing

Question....how often do you play? Usually I'll play 6 hours straight.

mapleleafs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mapleleafs10
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="oslaing"]buddy let me tell u something i bought my arcade version 360 in january this year and i haven't any problem with it not overheating, no freez games, no error message, no broken games, nothing ,everything is going perferct and i hope nothing bad happend with it
IIJuggaNottII

6 hours straight? well theres a reason for your 360's breaking! lol you might wanna cut back on your playing time...save some cash.

mapleleafs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mapleleafs10
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

My 360 has broken once, but that was when i was IN to COD4 online. Like i would seriously play non stop! As long as you dont play for multiple hours at a time, it shouldnt break that easily. (by multiple i mean like 3.5- 10 hours straight)

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IIJuggaNottII
[QUOTE="IIJuggaNottII"]

[QUOTE="oslaing"]buddy let me tell u something i bought my arcade version 360 in january this year and i haven't any problem with it not overheating, no freez games, no error message, no broken games, nothing ,everything is going perferct and i hope nothing bad happend with it
mapleleafs10

6 hours straight? well theres a reason for your 360's breaking! lol you might wanna cut back on your playing time...save some cash.

Right. I just play it alot. For repairs I havent paid anything. Today or tomorrow they are emailing me the label stuff so I can ship it out. Usually I wait for the coffin, but I elected to ship it out myself this time. That will be the only time I have paid for it to be repaired. But I do agree.....I know why mine is dropping dead. lol. I play it ALOTTTTT! with emphasis on ALOOOOTTT!

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
nothing u can do about. but the 360s seem to be doing better then the first to come out. there is a rumor that a new chip set will be coming out to fix problems.
phearless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 phearless
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts
I bought my console used in the summer of 2006 I have had no problems with it. I think that sitting the console on its side instead of upright is prolonging the life of it as it was not designed to sit upright even though it looks like that. Also you might want to cut down on the play time I usually stop after 5 hrs of gameplay.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IIJuggaNottII

My 360 has broken once, but that was when i was IN to COD4 online. Like i would seriously play non stop! As long as you dont play for multiple hours at a time, it shouldnt break that easily. (by multiple i mean like 3.5- 10 hours straight)

mapleleafs10

Thats the thing. You should be able to play the thing for how long you want to. You know they have to be a PS3 guy playing his game all nite long. Then again.....NOT....they dont have enuff games. They prolly played MGS4 all night long, but after ending that the well is dry. Anywhoo...they should have made it a bit more sturdy. I think the problem is that they have 3 different companies making the disc drives.

Just like a microsoft pc, they have so many people making parts for it, you cant narrow the problem down to ONE thing. So that causes problems.

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
Mine seems to be running better now that I'm playing it alot unlike these other people...but yeah, they break. :( I think mine has broken 3 times since launch.
InsipidMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 InsipidMonkey
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I bought mine in '06. No problems so far. But I don't usually play for 6 hours straight like some of the other posters. That seems a little much.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Its a lot less of an issue now than what it was.
TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
Bought mine in June of 06, nothing happened so far, so no its not an inevability if you treat it right.
PlayLife_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 PlayLife_2
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

The older models of X360 breaks, the new ones are anti-rod. I bought my 1st x360 in september 2006 it broke in october 2007, then I selled this one I bought a brand new x360 (with hdmi "falcon model" the new ones) the dvd-drive broke after 3 months, but I called for the nice warranty services of microsoft and they gave me a new one. Right now I still play with her. If it breaks there's nothing better to just give a call to the MS warranty services girls and tell them what's your problem :p . Ps3 breaks too it's like this, X360 is for RoD like PS3 is for dead Blue-ray drives.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

i ive been informed that no matter what i do my 360 will break in time. Nothing i can do bout it , its unstoppable, and i just bought it like a week ago so nothin wrong with it. is this False info, cause this guy is a PS3 Fanboy lol.LeviHohenfeldt

Yes its true, but it probably wont happen for a year and a half to two years so its not that bad.

madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts

I'm on my 4th console. Each one has lasted me at least 8 months before it died, except the first one was doomed in the first 2 weeks.

Pelnied101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Pelnied101
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts

I bought my console used in the summer of 2006 I have had no problems with it. I think that sitting the console on its side instead of upright is prolonging the life of it as it was not designed to sit upright even though it looks like that. Also you might want to cut down on the play time I usually stop after 5 hrs of gameplay.phearless

It was designed to be standing up. It is designed to be either way. Try this. Sit the 360 on its side and look at the lights on the power button. And if u make it stand up the light changes and goes to the other side.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

well poopy, maybe i should of saved for a ps3 lolLeviHohenfeldt

No you'll be fine.

On and to the guy saying it was desgined to be one way and not the other. There is also rubber grips on the console for both up and down placements. And like the other guy said if you switch it while its on the green lights will change to the left side.

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Everythings been great for me. But its only been 8 months.
LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LeviHohenfeldt
ok thanks guys =P.
et3rnal_d00m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 et3rnal_d00m
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine and i've had it for two years. but i never play it for more than two hours at a time without giving it a rest.
aaron_xiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aaron_xiii
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
yea they break ALOT, but i still love my xbox 360 just as much as my wii and ps3
Avatar image for NOS_MONSTER_666
NOS_MONSTER_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NOS_MONSTER_666
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

i have never a disc read error (except for my friends scratched up saints row). NO red rings. No problems at all. I guess im the lucky one here.

Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
I've had oen 360 break, but it was only two years after I got it. I think it's worth the risk for the great games library
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

i ive been informed that no matter what i do my 360 will break in time. Nothing i can do bout it , its unstoppable, and i just bought it like a week ago so nothin wrong with it. is this False info, cause this guy is a PS3 Fanboy lol.LeviHohenfeldt

Yeah this is called depreciation it happens to everything from your car, your fridge or a table.....

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
i got my 360 on july 15th of 07 and it never broke yet i heard the new ones dont break.
hak145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hak145
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts
Well so far ive had no problems except one time while it was loading gears of war it froze on the loading screen but its been pretty good and ive been playing my 360 everyday for like 3-4 hours on multiple sittings. Just too make sure it wouldnt break I put mine horizontly even though i perfer vertcal position.
LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LeviHohenfeldt
huh, well i hope the best for everyone's console and mine =P i just tired GTA4 online! omg ill be playing this crap all day!
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
It all depends on the amount of hours you play, ventilation and other stuff like that. They'll (hopefully) figure out whats going wrong and they'll recall them and send you a new un-RROD-able.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
why do people have to create the same topics day in and day out... yes the Xbox 360 is prone to breaking... big FRICKING DEAL. You have a 3 year warranty, a year store guarantee. Either way, you're covered for four years.... can we move on? lol
LeviHohenfeldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LeviHohenfeldt
umm could you be less of a b*t*h!?! i mean comon i didnt know anything bout the warranty. plus i paid alot of money for this and i want to know bout it. so plz pardon me for makeing a topic on the forum that was made before, but im NEW! i just bought my 360.