A question about a PS 3 exlusive game & the reasons for it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

OKay so I just checked out E3 and there were a lot that I was looking forward to like Bioshock, Hitman, Watchdogs, Dishonored among others. I was really liking Watchdogs as it looks like next-gen graphics, Hitman too had new gameplay which I enjoyed. However, when I came across The Last of Us gameplay, everything else looked pale in comparison. I mean the dialogue and interactiveness of the game is amazing combined with beautiful graphics and scarce resources WOoOO! Then I realized it's a PS 3 exclusive.

My question is, is there any chance they'd release it on xbox? and also why do they have exclusive games for xbox and ps 3? what purpose does it serve?

Jessey-Stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Jessey-Stone
Member since 2011 • 375 Posts

well exclusive titles are for just that like final fantasy back in the days when it was exclusive to playstation people bought ps ones and ps2s for final fantasy and well thats what exclusives are to make you buy the console hoping that other exclusives to that franchise come out and well i dont think its gonna appear for the 360 ever companies like naughty dog make contracts with sony or microsoft to make games appear only in that one console so dont be hoping for last of us on ps3 soon because it aint happening anytime soon

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

sony ACTAULY owns Naughty Dog (the dev studio of Last of us and Uncharted). becasue sony owns them, they are not allowed to make games for anyone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development_party#First-party_developer

manocanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 manocanada
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Same reason why Microsoft makes exclusive games for people to buy there systems. The Last of Us almost seems worth buying a ps3 for if you ask me.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Don't think it will. sony has increased it's exclusive power 10 folds over xbox... all microsoft cares about is timed crap that no one cares about.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

No chance it'll be seen outside of the Playstation family.

The only reason I used my PS3 was for Uncharted really, and this looks very similar for obvious reasons.

Pretty much the only PS3 game I'm looking forward to. Although I reckon I'll have my PS3 sold by the time it releases so....

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Don't think it will. sony has increased it's exclusive power 10 folds over xbox... all microsoft cares about is timed crap that no one cares about. k2theswiss

So 10 fold would mean that there should be over 40 releasing this year, (2012). They must be hiding!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]Don't think it will. sony has increased it's exclusive power 10 folds over xbox... all microsoft cares about is timed crap that no one cares about. rrjim1

So 10 fold would mean that there should be over 40 releasing this year, (2012). They must be hiding!

i don't mean literally, but sony keeps pushing out new ip exclusives while microsoft is stuck on halo, gears, forza.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

No, The Last of Us is made by Naughty Dog, which is owned by Sony.

Aesthete18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aesthete18
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts
Manocanada: I know right! K2theswiss: Yeah xbox has always had such weak exlusives like Saints, Too Human, Gears, Halo, Dead Rising. The only good ones were Alan Wake and Mass Effect 1. And although Gears and Halo were okay, when compared to Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear and Last of Us they are nothing. Now with Beyond 2 Souls and Agent coming out as well, goddammit!!